The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pitchfork's top 200 songs of the 60s

By the way Henrik, the links to other Pitchfork lists aren't working anymore.

Has...

Pitchfork compiled similar lists? I think I remember a half-decade list for this decade, but not sure of other decades. Maybe they'll do more in the future?

Thanks for posting!

The older pitchfork lists are still there... at least some of them... if you go to the Features section and look to the right side of the page, the top 100 albums of the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s links are all there under most-read features.

They did do a mid-decade list of songs and albums that aren't available under the old links, but I haven't been able to find new links for that yet.

What About...

songs of the 70s, 80s, 90s? If PF hasn't done that, maybe in the future...

I've heard that P4K are in the process of doing similar lists for the other decades.

I donm't agree with Pitchfork's style of reviewing, but their lists are second to none

1. I'm so glad Satisfaction wasn't on this list. I wish its absence could somehow pull it down on the Acclaimed Music list. So overrated, and it gets credit that a LOT of other Stones tunes deserve.

2. Possible error on pitchfork's part? They say "But if nothing else, we at least limited the maximum number of tracks per artist to five so that, say, the 14th most popular Beach Boys song (probably "Vega-Tables" or some such) wouldn't bump off more deserving tracks from less iconic artists." Strangely, their very own example (Beach Boys) only has four mentions! I noticed this when I was clumping the artists with five singles (supremes, vu, stones, kinks, dylan and you-know-who). Thoughts?

"134. Brian Wilson "Surf's Up" (solo piano version)"

Might be the answer.

Agree.