Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hot Press - 100 Greatest Albums Ever

OK Computer should've been #1.

Oh well, #2 is not so bad!

Sheryl Crow?!? That's her best album probably, but it's nowhere near one of the 100 best I've ever heard...

Do you think they meant the United States Of America, who had a "psychedelic masterpiece" in 1968 with their self-titled debut? Uncut has made a lot of that album recently.

I just saw the list at hotpress.com, and it is actually the "Lump" boys - go figure...

where are the doors?Marquee moon should be in the top ten.weezer,john martyn r u serious?Bell x 1 wouldnt get in my top 100 irish albums!!!

Very good list, that.

I'm sorry but I don't rate #5 - Sgt. Peppers at all but it's predictable for it to be on there...
Pretty good list

good to finally see 'blood sugar sex magik' and 'ten' getting some top 100 kudos

Musicians of Ireland. Ever heard of Steely Dan ? Wot a joke !!

Just to mention, I'm from Ireland and Hot Press magazine is considered a joke. They're completley out of touch with the modern scene and the exclusion of Prince is no surprise for them. Incidentally they are celebrating 30 years and ran an article on the their end of year poll in '77. Several unheard of albums included but not chosen were:
Television - Marquee Moon
The Clash - The Clash
David Bowie - Low & Heroes
Kraftwerk - Trans Europe Express
Wire - Pink Flag
Ramones - Rocket To Russia
Talking Heads - Talking Heads '77
Iggy Pop - The Idiot
and.....
Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bollocks.

For those who criticise the list or publication, there's your ammunition.

Good to see Van represented.

Who gives a damn what some muppet like Paddy Casey or the Thrills like?

No Aja or Sly Stone.

Poll Automatically invalid

Oh get real. You can't start dismissing lists just 'cos you don't like a couple of the voters & they missed a couple of your favourites. Otherwise every list becomes automatically invalid.

By the way, that's incorrect about Prince; on their all-time list in 1989 Sign 'O The Times came in 3rd & Purple Rain 26th. Sign 'O The Times was also their 2nd best of 1987.

We know that being stranded on the side of the road is never fun—especially when you’re on a tight schedule—so we promise to get to you quickly and get you back on your way.
mobile mechanic near me

It's a treasure trove of classics that have shaped the music landscape. Cricbuzz login id and password