Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nu Metal vs. Hair Metal

I can't stand either one, but if you had to choose what sucks the least what would it be.

Re: Nu Metal vs. Hair Metal

Hair metal for sure. I can at least dig some of the music.

I loooove hair metal!! I listen to Poison's "Nothin' But A Good Time" all the time, as well as Def Leppard's Hysteria[/i] (and other random tracks).

HAIR METAL ROCKS!!!!! HAIR METAL - FOREVER!! I hate that goddamn nu metal, freakin emo, indie and all this bulshit!!! Fuck nirvana, fuck grunge!!!
Heavy metal rocks too!! POISON< MANOWAR, DIO, SKID ROW, SWEET, SLADE, Quiet Riot, Twisted Sister, Dokken, TESLA, HAnoi Rocks, Warrant, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Guns n Roses, Skid Row, Alice Cooper - FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAIR METAL IS DEFINETELY 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000times better tha this nu-metal bullshit! Fuck slipknot and al these stupid ass faggots!! HANOI ROCKS, WARRANT, DANGER DANGER, Slaughter, RATT, MOTLEY CRUE, POISON, ACCEPT - FOREVER!!!!!

well the nu metal is bull shit and the hair metal was bullshit long live metallica, led zepplin, black sabbath, and ac/dc!!!!!!!!

and that's my two cents

Nu Metal is just Hair Metal 10-15 years later: music for kids who don't care about music but feel the need to look down on other kids' music nevertheless. And, obviously, want to Rock Out.

HAIR METAL!!!!! nu metal, metalcore and all these gay bands can fuck themselves!
I LOVE POISON!! BRET AND CC ARE FUCKING AWESOME!!!

I don't HATE either one but I probably get annoyed more by the biggest excess of hair metal: The "power ballad". The one song on the album that crossed to Top 40 was usually the most bathetic and over the top.

In the "hair" category I like a decent amount of Bon Jovi and some songs here and there like Quiet Rock "C'mon Feel the Noize" (sorry Slade fans, I'd rather hear the cover..more passion to it IMHO) and Twisted Sister's "I Wanna Rock".

On the nu metal side, I really like some of Bizkit's stuff (specifically the CHOCOLATE STARFISH album) and P.O.D. if they would be considered that. (I'm guessing they would)