The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bruckmaiers 101 Most Important Albums Of Pop History

Well, it's alright to list your personal favourites, but claiming they're the most important albums in pop music history is rubbish. They're not.

It's weird enough to be not just odd but downright wonderful in its all-out oddity. And there ARE plenty of fine albums in there. Thanks a lot, Netjade :-)

OK, just to put things right due to the immediate yet appropriate question marks that’ve emerged considering someone elegantly called Karl Bruckmaier who stated a questionable if wonderful in its all-out oddity (you’re welcome, Snusmumrik) “most important albums list“, let me quote some lines from that book to make his prior ambition clear:
“To prevent any misunderstanding: This is not a book about the 101 BEST albums of pop history, no compendium of commonly appreciated and objective merits and achievements some Professor Pop has impressed his approval stamp on. This is just a commented record collection, a subjectively compiled sample case. Each entry, each nomination stands there as a hyperlink: click on and search further. Find. Discover. Record collecting is a game that shouldn’t be played on the basis of best of lists and for the sake of some completeness’ fetish but merely with an almost erotic attitude toward music, with the tendency to amazing solutions, with aesthetical venture, even with bigmouthed self production on my account. A game always means as well: MY game, MY world, MY point of view.“
Pretentious words to qualify a pretentious title, so to say, and while being somewhat unsuitable for your AM evaluation, Henrik, according to its insisting subjectivety nonetheless the whole book is wittily and circumspectly written (in its “conciliable“ appendix it provides the (German) Rolling Stone All Time Top 100 from ’97 to relate to) - I really enjoyed reading and getting inspiration from it back in ‘98. Otherwise I STILL condemn old Brucky for making me buy the Golden Smog album (sarcastically on the spot, Rocky, and yes - that guy obviously IS a combating Stones guy, even emphasizing Surf’s Up (not Smile) as the true artistical achievement that eventually neutralized the Sgt. Pepper halo...)

jeezzz, come on, a list that’s embedding james chance, mayo thompson, peter blegvad, robert fripp, mark linkous, van zandt, van vliet, robert wyatt, tav falco, jon spencer, “cubist blues“ & “viva last blues“ SIMPLY CAN’T BE THAT SELF POSSESSED. asking for the usual indulgent cast like springsteen, lennon/mccartney, hendrix or bowie is wholly out of place if not pesky!! not that these latters are not worth being memorably mentioned but spotting a list WITHOUT them is pretty thumping - and refreshlingly varied. i'd really like to study that brucky book

yeah, it sounds like a terrific book :-)

All Songs are amazing as I love your voice very much how to make your boyfriend obsessed with you

That’s where Chesapeake Concrete Driveway Company comes in.

concrete leveling

IBSOL offers comprehensive payroll outsourcing services and taxation services in Delhi to help businesses streamline their operations and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. From employee tax withholding to payroll administration and reporting, our team of experts provides reliable and efficient solutions tailored to your specific needs. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help your business thrive.