Put a Pin on the Map View my Forum Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment

I think the only reason Kayne West is #1 on all the american critics is because he's just soaking up on all the hype of his last record. Kind of like how "Walk the Line" is taking all of "Ray"'s credit with all the critics this year movie wise. Same goes for that disappointing Franz Ferdinand record.

Re: Default

I'm not disappointed with the new FF record at all.

I don't know...I really enjoyed "Late Registration" - I probably prefer it over "The College Dropout", even though history WILL prove otherwise. I think his arrogance helps critics take his music more serious than it would otherwise. Kinda like Noel Gallagher said in Oasis' heyday - "if you tell everyone that you have the greatest band in the world, eventually a few people start believing you" - strongest difference here is that Kanye's been an accomplished producer before he started rapping, so he has a bit more instant cred than most other rappers...I mean, he produced "The Blueprint" dammit! Can't he get some credit!

I'm disappointed with the new FF album. I've not heard the Kanye West album but I read a reviewer yesterday who said his first album was very good and the new one is only average.

I don't think the new Franz album is bad its just not as good as the first one, which to be fair not many album sfrom the last five years are. It still has some great tracks (the two singles, the title track, The Fallen etc.) it just contains 2 or 3 tracks I think of as filler (What You Meant for example) hat they would have been better using as B-Sides instead of that horrible cover of Sexy Boy by Air.

Do You Want To is an aweful track. Most of the song is OK it's just the chorus that falls flat and goes nowhere like Gwen's What U Waiting For.

Yeah I agree about the chorus to Do You Want To, The whole album is a bit weird imo, the week I got it I played it loads of times, hoping it would grow on me, but it just didnt.

"What You Waiting For" is brilliant- perhaps the best thing Gwen has been involved with!

The chorus sounds too forced. Fortunately she was saved by having her strongest songs of the record as singles. Good job Gwen and congrats on the baby!

Tim - How can 'Do You Want To?' be an aweful track if most of it's ok? Surely an aweful track would be bad all the way through?

No I think a good track can be ruined by the chorus quite easily.