The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Greil Marcus' "Treasure Island" lists from STRANDED: Albums

This list is absolutely awful. Even "Rolling Stone" lists aren't this bad. No progressive, electronic or avantgarde music of any kind, barely any hard rock, punk or new wave but the Rolling Stones' or Van Morrison get half of their entire discographies in.
Critics like these make me sick. They pretend to be open-minded, but in fact they only like two or three genres and think everything else is rubbish.

Um, exactly how much punk and new wave are you expecting in a list that was compiled in _1979_?!? Considering its vintage, I would say that Marcus does a pretty good job of including a lot of the best of the then-current punk: the Pistols, Clash, Adverts, Wire, X-Ray Spex, etc.

The Ramones and Television are two criminal omissions in the punk department, but punk is just one of many genres which is underrepresented/not represented, presumably to make space for every album the Rolling Stones released to that point.

We’ll take care of everything, so you can get back on the road as quickly as possible.

semi truck engine repair

So, if you’re experiencing any issues with your semi-truck, city truck, or farm equipment, give us a call.

Westfield Towing Professionals

Nice blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog jump out. Please let me know where you got your theme. Appreciate it. pgslot168 login