Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Greil Marcus' STRANDED: List of contributors and their albums

For completeness' sake, here's a list of the contributors to Greil Marcus' 1979 desert-island-albums anthology STRANDED and the albums they chose to write about:

Nick Tosches: No album listed; he chooses Sticky Fingers for his desert island, but in typical Tosches style he barely touches on it
M. Mark: “It’s Too Late to Stop Now”
Simon Frith: Beggars Banquet
Jim Miller: Presenting the Fabulous Ronettes Featuring Veronica
Ariel Swartley: The Wild, the Innocent and the E Street Shuffle
Langdon Winner: Trout Mask Replica
Ellen Willis: Velvet Underground (a 1970 MGM anthology, not the 1969 album)
Grace Lichtenstein: Desperado
Joe McEwen: Little Willie John (1977 anthology)
Janet Maslin: Something Else by the Kinks
Tom Carson: Rocket to Russia
Paul Nelson: The Pretender
Robert Christgau: New York Dolls (1977 compilation of both albums)
Jay Cocks: Huey “Piano” Smith’s Rock ‘n’ Roll Revival! (1972 anthology)
Tom Smucker: Precious Lord: New Recordings of the Great Gospel Songs of Thomas A. Dorsey (1973)
Kit Rachlis: Neil Young, Decade
Lester Bangs: Astral Weeks
John Rockwell: Linda Ronstadt, Living in the U.S.A.
Dave Marsh: Onan’s Greatest Hits [a nonexistent album -- a mix tape of songs about, um, a favored solo desert-island activity; it's probably the funniest essay in the book]
Ed Ward: The “5” Royales, Dedicated to You

Re: Greil Marcus' STRANDED: List of contributors and their albums

Thousand thanks Harold!

Harold sent me these lists a long time ago, but instead of posting them here myself, I was lazy and asked him to do the job again...

Pauline

The beneficial information is posted by the author. I want to say a good job for spreading the good things in society. in the same way, I want to actually have good detail of an online homework service. This service has many qualities. I have full confidence this will make you happy with its facilities. No, any service can complete with help with c++ homework This is really amazing. Everyone can use this without a doubt.

Re: Pauline

Writing a term paper is one of the most difficult tasks in college or university, especially if you are a student who has never written a single paragraph before. Luckily with us you don't have to worry about that. You can complete the term paper writing process in less time and get an A grade for it. Therefore, we need a few minutes to help https://www.smallfarminstitute.com/ our customers to share their views with us. In this article we will tell you what are the most useful tips that should be used while writing your term paper on literature assignment.

We are experienced in all aspects of diesel engine repair, and we’re dedicated to providing you with the highest quality service possible.

fleet repair

Every now and then, you need to take a break from the daily grind. Corporate retreats are great best place for a weekend corporate getaway strategies to help your team get away and rejuvenate. If you're looking for a relaxing weekend away with your colleagues, this list should help make it easier: