The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Coming updates

Like Snusmumrik said, great work Henrik. This makes me wait all the more impatiently for the world/jazz update. Do you think any jazz records have a chance of making the top 10? Or maybe even overtaking Pet Sounds at number 1?

Great work!

I'm very impressed with the classification of list inclusions!

Could we perhaps hope for an update of the 2004 album list as well? :-)
If I understood you right at the end of last year, it is not SO much work to do a partial update like the one's you "published" here in the forum. I am very interested to see how last years list evolves, there tends to be quite a few changes in that one.

Robban,

I published "quick updates" of the 2004 albums in the forum around Christmas, because it takes me a long time to update the whole site. So far, this site is run without database solutions (ASP, PHP) so I need to produce and upload every page for every site update.

However, a quick update is only easy given that some new lists have been added. I included all "best of the new millennium" lists in an update a couple of months ago, but with the huge number of best-of-2004 lists in the database, these end-of-year lists have been given a low weight. Therefore, adding the end of 2004 lists would not make a major change and is therefore of low priority to me, although I promise to add them eventually.

I hope this is OK with you.

Jacek,

I haven't added the jazz albums to the "production database" yet, so I haven't seen any results.

I am however sure that at least a couple of jazz albums will make it into the top 100, although none of them will threat Pet Sounds by any means.

Do you want me to post any preliminary lists here in the forum? I think it would be more fun to keep things secret until the site update, but maybe that would be too hard for you?