Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tylko Rock's 100 Albums that Shook Polish Rock (rest assured, these aren't Polish albums)

Thanks!

I think I will choose a middle-way here and include this list and the concert album list from Teraz rock, but leave the others out. Does it sound reasonable?

Re: Tylko Rock's 100 Albums that Shook Polish Rock (rest assured, these aren't Polish albums)

Sure, no problem

I just wanted to clarify one thing which might not have been obvious from my original post. As I said in every issue from 1991 on one of Polish rock musicians presented a short list of albums he liked the most or the ones that influenced him the most. These were then used to compile the list I posted. However this means that the albums released after 1991 had a smaller chance of making it than those released before that date. Not surprisingly there are only two post-1991 releases, both in the bottom section. That's why when you include the list, Henrik, you should probably 'blank' it for albums released after 1991 that aren't on it. Just a suggestion.

Thanks Jacek. Are these albums ranked from 1 to 100?

Yup, they are ranked from 1 to 100 the way I posted them. Guess we're the only country in the world that still loves progressive rock.

How could they be ranked if the list was compiled from individual picks?

Over ten years they collected picks from almost 100 musicians and then counted how many times each album was mentioned. I think the winner got over 20 votes.

I see.

Our team can promptly diagnose the problem and restore your truck’s functionality.
mobile auto mechanic