Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Suggestions...

first time i visited in your site here i found something interesting and attractive . Mantra to separate son and mother

Entertainment Weekly's 50 greatest love songs

God Only Knows
The Beach Boys (1966)

Paul McCartney called it the greatest song ever written. And, yow, lyrically it opens with a blow: ''I may not always love you.'' Aren't love songs supposed to be full of vague, empty promises? In the tenderest of angel voices, Carl Wilson, after acknowledging the heart's fickle nature, admits his utter dependence, summing up the fearsome power of love: ''God only knows what I'd be without you.'' Big brother Brian, who wrote the tune, knits together French horns and sleigh bells, clip-clop percussion and strings. So fully did he give his obsessive heart over to the recording of the magnificent Pet Sounds, it's not hard to imagine that the world's greatest love song is less about a woman than about music itself.

Can't Help Falling In Love
Elvis Presley (1961)

Guaranteed to get anyone with half a heart all shook up. Beneath the lyrics is the unsettling suggestion that matters of the heart are largely dictated by fate; Presley's placid vocal signals that's fine by him.

Something
The Beatles (1969)

The first part of George Harrison's meditation on an alluring woman is as seductive as its subject, enticing the listener to sink into its languid melody. Then, as doubt sets in (''You're asking me will my love grow? I don't know, I don't know''), the song speeds up — just as one's thoughts will do when contemplating a romance that seems too good to be true.

(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman
Aretha Franklin (1967)

The greatest love of all? When being with someone makes you feel more like yourself than being alone. This Carole King-and Gerry Goffin-penned sing-along spins that warm, safe, happy feeling into one of pop's most beloved anthems.

Let's Stay Together
Al Green (1971)

When Green's grainy tenor first lifts into an ecstatic falsetto, your heart will levitate right along with it. Even better, Green rejects fairy-tale romance in favor of the kind that lasts, ''whether times are good or bad, happy or sad.'' Amen to that.

I Will Always Love You
Whitney Houston (1992)

Boom! goes the drum, followed by a split second of silence. Then, out of thin air: ''And I-I-I-I-I...'' Some prefer Dolly Parton's subtler original, but Houston imbued the song with so much drama and chilling technique — and scored such a massive hit — that hers has become definitive.

Wild Horses
Rolling Stones (1971)

Keith Richards has claimed it's actually aboout the joy and pain of life on the road. Even so, the song perfectly captures what it's like to love anyone or anything against your better judgement.

Sweet Child o' Mine
Guns N' Roses (1988)

It begins with Slash making sweet love to his Les Paul. Then Axl Rose starts rough-rhapsodizing about his baby's blue eyes and pretty smile. The lyrics read like they were written by a high school boy who can't stop carving his grlfriend's name into the bleachers. It's a perfect tribute to the young, messy, all-absorbing feeling that makes youw ant to punch a hole in the wall as you scream out your undying love.

All I Want Is You
U2 (1988)

The only reason to own Rattle and Hum is this plea to a weary longtime lover: Let's both move past all this crazy BS, 'cuz all I want is you. Arguably U2's prettiest moment.

In Your Eyes
Peter Gabriel (1986)

Inextricably linked to the movie Say Anything..., "Eyes" has become a Gen-X anthem. But no matter what age you are, that bass line, those drums, and that ache in Gabriel's voice add up to one gut-wrenching confesional.

Maybe I'm Amazed
Paul McCartny )1970)

Maybe we love it for how beautifully humble it is, as McCatney confesses that being in love can be scary. Or maybe it's just the way those majestic background vocals kinck in and Sir Paul's voice goes all ragged with emotion. Either way, it's amazing.

Ring of Fire
Johnny Cash (1963)

TheMan in Black's mariachi-tinged masterpiece dares to tell the truth; Love doesn't tickle, it burns, burns burns with an exquisite agony most of us--including Cash's wife June Carter who co-wrote the song--couldn't live without.

When a Man Loves a Woman
Percy Sledge (1966)

It may have unjustly lost some gravitas thanks to its association with Michael Bolton, but how could anyone ifnore this glorious original with so poignant a finale, when Sledge's wrenching wail hearalds a romantic surrender amidst a subdued explosion of horns?

At Last
Etta James (1961)

It's not the first rendition of this 1942 tune, but Etta's is the finest, thanks to a strong delivery that says (or is it shouts?) I *deserve* this! No wonder every bride on earth thinks it's written just for her.

You Send Me
Sam Cooke (1957) If heaven exists, this song is playing there. Cooke caresses notes with a voice so smooth and light the song threatens to float away.

These Arms of Mine
Otis Redding (1962) the King of Soul. The Love Man. TheGuy Who Could Control His Yearning and Burning for aproximately 1 min and 43 sec. Partway through this scorcher, he lets loose, resulting in one passionate performance.

Unchained Melody
The Righteous Brothers (1965)

Reportedly covered over 700 times, this version still remains The Ones, thanks to the grand sweep of Boibby Hatfield's vocal. So what if the lyrics are a little gloomy, or the title obscure (the melody was written for the prison movie Unchained--hence the name); It still sounds liek love to us.

Crazy in Love
Beyoncé (2003)

With a killer Chi-lites horn sample and an irresistibly percussive beat, Ms. Knowles uh-oh uh-oh uh-oh-oh-nonos her way into our hearts. Call us loco, but it's the most joyful four minutes of summer lovin' in recent memory. Props go to her boyfriend, Jay-Z, who lays down a blazing rap interlude in the middle. And especially that impressive, tireless set of pipes: Once our girl B. gets to those Woah-oh's at the end, it approaches pure ecstasy.

Ain't No Mountain High Enough
Marvin Gaye/Tammi Terrell (1967)

While the tune's euphoric crest may be burned into our collective musical DNA, it's the flirty valleys that make this Motown classic really kick, with Gaye's effervescent ad-libbing bringing everything to another joyous peak.

If Not for You
Bob Dylan (1970)

In the vast catalog of Dylan tunes about matters of the heart, only a few qualify as unambiguous love songs, with this the loveliest. While George Harrison's guitar gently weeps in the background, Zimmy speaks his heart: ''I'd be sad and blue, if not for you.'' Who says his lyrics are inscrutable?

Time After Time
Cyndi Lauper (1984)

When it first hit radio, Lauper's gorgeous choruses surprised everyone who knew her only as that girl who just wanted to have fun. Listen again to her haunting lament and you'll be reminded why 20 years ago Lauper was considered the Christina Aguilera to Madonna's Britney Spears.

Your Song
Elton John (1970)

The complex chord progression belies Bernie Taupin's straightforward lyrics, but it's John's ability to deliver those simple words with such unassuming (and unjaded) ardor that makes this — his first American hit single — so enduring.

Purple Rain
Prince (1984)

From the moment he strums those jangly opening chords, is it possible to resist this sweet metaphor for redemptive love? For further spine tingles, rewatch his electrifying performance from the titular movie. You'll even believe that he once flipped for Apollonia.

As
Stevie Wonder (1976)

Wonder probably warrants a top-50 list all his own. Forced to pick just one, we had to go with this churchy celebration from Songs in the Key of Life — a giddy declaration of devotion that never hits a cheesy chord.

Just Like Heaven
The Cure (1987)

Turns out guys who wear black eyeliner can be happy. Just ask Robert Smith, who penned this mopey ode to Goth love. One question: Just what is this scream/laugh/hug-inducing trick?

No Ordinary Love
Sade (1992)

You may consider this one of the ultimate boudoir mood-grooves, but Sade's not your ordinary Barry White. Listen closely when she seductively sighs ''I gave you all that I had inside, and you took my love.'' It's that sliver of pain buried in Sade's silky refrain that elevates this from carnal to sublime.

More Than This
Roxy Music (1982)

Say you're at a bar and your crush wants to call it a night. Try punching some Roxy Music into the jukebox. Bryan Ferry's dreamy trilling would melt an ice cube. (For the world-weary, there's Bill Murray's touchingly cracked version in Lost in Translation.)

The Look of Love
Dusty Springfield (1967)

Smooth and dignified, it's the martini of love songs. Though the tune has since been covered by everyone from Joe Cocker to Jem, it's Springfield's husky declaration that leaves us both shaken and stirred.

Cherish
The Association (1966)

This earnest avowal of infatuation packs into three glorious minutes what today's overemotive power balladeers try fitting into six. And that goose-bump-inducing crescendo? An aural peak of '60s pop.

You're Still the One
Shania Twain (1997)

Sappy, perhaps, but also irresistible, as proven by wedding DJs worldwide. As the perfectly processed Nashville-pop chorus points out, Shania's still the one that brides love, the only one they dream of.

Maps
Yeah Yeah Yeahs (2003)

The most affecting (and tortured) love song of whatever we're calling this decade. Singer Karen O's desperate refrain — ''Wait! They don't love you like I love you'' — is supposedly directed at her boyfriend as he prepares to go on tour (hence the maps), but anyone who's said goodbye to a loved one can relate.

Yellow
Coldplay (2000)

That Chris Martin sure can croon. On his band's breakthrough hit single, the charmingly wimpy frontman shows off his swoon-inducing falsetto, while the group works a simple chord progression to propulsive, shimmering effect. Best of all, it was written years before Martin became Mr. Gwyneth Paltrow, making all that romantic gushing somehow a little easier to swallow. Not that we aren't happy for him. Honestly. (Okay, we're a little jealous.)

I Melt With You
Modern English (1983)

What does the absurd lyric ''I'll stop the world and melt with you'' mean, you ask? Who cares! The song's brilliance lies in the humming. And the catchy chorus. And that nagging keyboard line. In any case, there's one thing we're sure ''Melt'' is not about: a flame-broiled Whopper.

You're All I Need to Get By
Method Man feat. Mary J. Blige (1995)

Unorthodox. Gritty. Perhaps a little offensive. Method and Mary's rugged revamp of the Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell duet is nevertheless a classic because it's so ruthlessly frank. It's also quite touching — even without, as Method puts it, ''all that romance crap.''

Midnight Train to Georgia
Gladys Knight & the Pips (1973)

Its loose-limbed Southern-soul groove conceals a plotline about a man's shattered dreams of stardom, but ''Georgia'' is ultimately an ode to selfless love. Uprooting one's life to follow a lover might seem dumb, but even bad choices deserve a transcendent soundtrack.

If I Ain't Got You
Alicia Keys (2003)

Mix the elegant songcraft of Carole King, the earthy wail of Aretha Franklin, and the hip-hop soul of Lauryn Hill, and it might sound something like this. Keys' performance drives home a timeless lesson about life's free treasures.

Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
Bruce Springsteen (1973)

What high school girl wouldn't want to blow off her parents to play some pool and act real cool on the boardwalks of the Jersey shore? ''Señorita come sit by my fire,'' Bruce pleads. Oh, she'd be a fool not to!

Kiss From a Rose
Seal (1994)

Nothing suggests the majesty of love like a grand (if slightly garbled) metaphor; Seal's botany-based poetry will have any potential paramour's petals unfolding.

There Is a Light That Never Goes Out
The Smiths (1986)

''If a 10-ton truck kills the both of us/To die by your side — Well, the pleasure, the privilege is mine.'' Morrissey may be romance's great (often hilarious) cynic, but he's also the most adept at capturing its twisted side: to be so obsessed you don't care if you die.

A Case of You
Joni Mitchell (1971)

If you like your love bitter and sweet, the High Priestess of self-revealing songwriters is your girl. Here, she lays out a still-modern take on addictive love with a dulcimer (!) as backup.

Love Will Keep Us Together
Captain and Tennille (1975)

A tip o' the captain's hat, please, to Daryl Dragon and Toni Tennille, the marvelous marrieds behind this karaoke addict's dream, which remains one of pop's most enchanting paeans to connubial devotion.

Upside Down
Diana Ross (1980)

Lots of you have dated him, and plenty more have been him: the charming cad whose smiling face and slippery vibe keep 'em coming back for more — even if he is seeing plenty of other starry-eyed fools on the side. Ross' infectious confection of late-disco lust (produced by Chic demigod Nile Rodgers) was the biggest hit of her solo career, and one listen proves why: It's hard to find a declaration of love that gets your butt on the dance floor in less time.

La La Means I Love You
The Delfonics (1968)

Though the nonsensical chorus of this perfect slice of symphonic soul was inspired by the babblings of one Delfonic's young son, each perfectly harmonious ''la'' somehow cuts to the core of why love often turns us into, well, a bunch of prattling babies.

You Got Me
The Roots feat. Erykah Badu (1999)

A slow burner exploring the suspicions and conflicts that can puncture love's bubble, with Badu's hypnotic chorus pleading the case for trust. Hip-hop devotion, warts and all.

I Want You Around
The Ramones (1979)

They didn't just write about sniffing glue and shock treatments. Here, they haul out acoustic guitars and wax sappy over some chick. How can you not melt when Joey vows, ''I'm no good/But I'll treat you like I should''?

This Must Be the Place (Naïve Melody)
Talking Heads (1983)

David Byrne sounds like a love-struck newlywed on his celebration of nesting, which is buoyed by a light-stepping disco groove and synthesizers so plush they induce involuntary snuggling.

This Will Be Our Year
The Zombies (1968)

One of the best songs from a great lost album of the '60s (Odessey and Oracle), this piano-driven ballad beautifully captures an emotion few rock bands ever tackle: optimism.

Perfect Day
Lou Reed (1972)

Though likely a tribute to heroin as much as true love, Reed's somnambulant masterpiece remains one of the loveliest expressions of we're-the-only-two-people-in-the-world isolation.

Fade Into You
Mazzy Star (1993)

The song's title is apt; real-life couple David Roback (who wrote the lyrics) and Hope Sandoval (who sings them) blend music and vocals into a dreamy ooze that sounds as close to total cohesion as two people can get.

I Wanna Be Your Dog
The Stooges (1969)

A pithy li'l ditty that at first seems like an ode to S&M. But listen closer: What Iggy Stooge is really fetishizing is the state of being so abjectly, wantonly, madly in love he's willing to prostrate himself before the object of his obsession while barking pure poesy. Bow wow wow!

Re: Lists that don't meet the Acclaimed Music criteria

I have to agree with a lot of those love songs. My personal choice for the best would by "As" by Stevie Wonder. It's exuberance at its best!

Thanks Moonbeam!

No problem Henrik! It's quite a diverse list. There's something to love for everyone in there.

Since We're on the Love Songs Kick...

the link for the 100 Best Love Songs of the 20th Century- as compiled by an expert of amor:

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/02-07-2000/0001133365&EDATE=

Henrik- do you not agree that if a list encompasses outside sources of "experts" related to the genre being discussed(i.e. a couple of the VH-1 lists), then it's not fitting for AM inclusion? I mentioned it, because I don't think we looked at it from that perspective before, just as, "Oh, VH-1 did a dance songs list, and it's not a dance outlet"- but, if it was compiled from input from "experts," then why can't it be included? And this love songs list was compiled by a love doctor- how much better a source can compile that kind of list? haha

Was the EW 'love songs' list included? I have submitted similar lists in the past that were excluded (understandably, as it's hard to know what is considered a love song and what isn't for comparison purposes).

None of the love songs lists will be included, I'm afraid.

A small update to the exclusion criteria:

* end of year lists from individual critics
* genre-specific lists from non-genre specific sources OR INDIVIDUAL CRITICS
* readers'/listeners' lists
* lists of artists
* lists of collection albums
* lists of classical music
* lists of jazz and world music (will be included in the future)

From the forum at http://www.soundopinions.net
from around 50 voters. [points scored, no votes, no of #1 votes]

ALBUMS
500 Sonic Youth Sister 99 3
499 Super Furry Animals Rings Around the World 99 3
498 Cocteau Twins Heaven or Las Vegas 99 2
497 Cream Disraeli Gears 99 2
496 Husker Du Flip Your Wig 99 2
495 Patty Griffin 1000 Kisses 99 2
494 The Fiery Furnaces Blueberry Boat 99 2
493 Morphine Cure for Pain 100 2
492 Steve Earle Jerrusalem 100 2
491 Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Southern Accents 101 2
490 Neil Young Ragged Glory 102 4
489 Sloan Navy Blues 102 2
488 The Rapture Echoes 103 3
487 Twilight Singers Blackberry Belle 105 2
486 The Rolling Stones Aftermath 106 3
485 The Minutemen Double Nickels on the Dime 107 3
484 Air 10,000 Hz Legend 107 2
483 Elvis Costello Trust 107 2
482 Eminem The Marshall Mathers LP 108 2
481 Motorhead Ace of Spades 108 2
480 Suicide Suicide 108 2
479 The Lemonheads It's a Shame About Ray 108 2
478 Olivia Tremor Control Black Foliage: Animation Music 109 2
477 Sun Kill Moon Ghosts of the Great Highway 110 3
476 Elastica Elastica 110 2
475 Indigo Girls Indigo Girls 110 2
474 Sly and the Family Stone Stand! 110 2
473 Duran Duran Rio 111 3
472 Steve Earle Trancendental Blues 111 3
471 Elvis Presley The Sun Sessions 111 2
470 Gillian Welch Revival 111 2
469 Miles Davis Bitches' Brew 111 2
468 The Pogues Rum, Sodomy and the Lash 111 2
467 Underworld Second Toughest in the Infants 111 2
466 Bob Dylan and the Band The Basement Tapes 112 3
465 Funkadelic One Nation Under a Groove 112 3
464 Jay-Z The Black Album 112 2
463 Lilys In the Presence of Nothing 112 2
462 King Crimson In the the Court of the Crimson King 113 3
461 The Shins Chutes Too Narrow 113 2
460 Graham Parker Squeezing Out Sparks 114 5
459 Pink Floyd Meddle 114 3
458 Beastie Boys Check Your Head 114 2
457 The White Stripes Elephant 114 2
456 The Wrens Secaucus 114 2
455 The Pop Group Y 115 3
454 Manitoba Up in Flames 115 2
453 Basement Jaxx Remedy 116 3
452 Julian Cope Peggy Suicide 116 3
451 The Cars Candy-O 116 3
450 The Eels Daisies of the Galaxy 116 2
449 Go-Betweens Before Hollywood 117 3
448 Big Black Songs About Fucking 117 2
447 Kanye West College Dropout 117 2
446 Megadeath Countdown to Extinction 117 2
445 Underworld Dubnobasswithmyheadman 117 2
444 A Perfect Circle Thirteenth Steps 118 2
443 Lou Reed Transformer 119 4
442 The Hives Veni Vidi Vicious 120 5
441 Jesus Jones Doubt 120 2
440 Lloyd Cole Lloyd Cole 120 2
439 Screeching Weasel My Brain Hurts 120 2
438 Aztec Camera Stray 120 1 1
437 Beat Happening Jamboree 120 1 1
436 Belle and Sebastian The Boy with the Arab Strap 120 1 1
435 Lou Reed Metal Machine Music 120 1 1
434 Six-Finger Satellite Law of Ruins 120 1 1
433 Tool Aenima 120 1 1
432 Michael Jackson Off the Wall 121 3
431 311 311 121 2
430 Sly and the Family Stone Fresh 121 2
429 The Byrds Turn! Turn! Turn! 122 3
428 Tom Waits Heart of Saturday Night 122 2
427 Bjork Debut 123 3
426 Green Day Dookie 123 2
425 Peter Gabriel III 123 2
424 The Beta Band The Three EPs 123 2
423 Creedence Clearwater Revival Willie & The Poor Boys 124 3
422 Dido No Angel 124 2
421 Patty Griffin Living with Ghosts 124 2
420 Elvis Costello Imperial Bedroom 125 4
419 Black Flag First Four Years 125 2
418 Ministry The Land of Rape and Honey 125 2
417 The Reindeer Section Son of Evil Reindeer 125 2
416 Hot Hot Heat Make Up the Breakdown 127 3
415 Estradasphere It's Understood 127 2
414 John Frusciante Nianda Lades and Usually Just a T-Shirt 127 2
413 Todd Rundgeren A Wizard, a True Star 127 2
412 The Smiths Louder Than Bombs 128 3
411 Swervedriver Mezcal Head 128 2
410 The Pretenders The Pretenders 128 2
409 John Hiatt Bring the Family 129 3
408 Kraftwerk Computer World 130 3
407 Peter Gabriel Us 130 2
406 Sonny Rollins Saxaphone Colossus 130 2
405 The Smiths The Smiths 130 2
404 The Zombies Odessey and Oracle 130 2
403 Cocteau Twins Treasure 131 3
402 Metallica …And Justice for All 131 3
401 Disco Inferno DI Go Pop 131 2
400 Frank Sinatra In the Wee Small Hours 132 2
399 Minor Threat Complete Discography 132 2
398 Derek and the Dominoes Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs 133 3
397 John Coltrane Blue Train 133 3
396 Miles Davis Sketches of Spain 133 3
395 Queens of the Stone Age Songs for the Deaf 133 2
394 System of a Down Toxicity 133 2
393 Uncle Tupelo Adonyne 133 2
392 PJ Harvey To Bring You My Love 134 3
391 Jimmy Eat World Bleed American 134 2
390 Ween Pure Guava 134 2
388 Wilco A.M. 134 2
387 Led Zeppelin I 135 4
386 Echo and the Bunnymen Porcupine 135 3
385 The Fall This Nation's Saving Grace 135 3
389 Charles Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus 136 2
384 Al Green Call Me 136 3
383 M83 Dead Cities, Red Seas and Lost Ghosts 136 3
382 Otis Redding Otis Blue 136 3
381 Teenage Fanclub Bandwagonesque 136 3
380 Bob Dylan Time Out of Mind 136 2
379 Raekwon Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 136 2
378 Al Green I'm Still In Love With You 137 3
377 Van Morrison Into the Music 137 3
376 Afghan Whigs 1965 137 2
375 Sigur Ros ()' 137 2
374 Blur 13 138 2
373 The Chemical Bros. Exit Planet Dust 138 2
372 Pavement Wowee Zowee 139 2
371 PJ Harvey Dry 139 2
370 Carole King Tapestry 141 3
369 Basement Jaxx Kish Kash 141 2
368 The Dismemberment Plan Change 142 2
367 Spoon Kill the Moonlight 143 5
366 Collective Soul Collective Soul 144 2
365 Placebo Placebo 144 2
364 Guided By Voices Alien Lanes 145 2
363 Jayhawks Hollywood Town Hall 145 2
362 They Might Be Giants Apollo 18 145 2
361 Talk Talk Spirit of Eden 146 2
360 Digable Planets Reachin' (A New Refutation of Time and Space) 147 3
359 Pet Shop Boys Very 147 2
358 Bruce Springsteen Tunnel of Love 148 4
357 The Breeders Last Splash 148 4
356 Husker Du Candy Apple Grey 148 2
355 Mr.Life I Phantom 148 2
354 Roxy Music Roxy Music 148 2
353 Joy Division Substance 150 3
352 Sly and the Family Stone There's a Riot Goin' On 151 3
351 Stevie Wonder Talking Book 151 3
350 James Brown 20 All-Time Greats 151 2
349 Can Ege Bamyasi 152 3
348 The Kinks Face to Face 152 2
347 A Tribe Called Quest The Low End Theory 153 4
346 Beck Midnite Vultures 153 3
345 311 Grassroots 153 2
344 Living Colour Time's Up 154 2
343 Jay-Z The Blueprint 155 4
342 Oasis (What's the Story) Morning Glory? 156 4
341 TV on the Radio Desperate Youth, Bloodthirsty Babes 156 2
340 Uncle Tupelo Still Feel Gone 157 2
339 Yo La Tengo Painful 158 3
338 Pantera Vulgar Display of Power 158 2
337 Radiohead Amnesiac 160 4
336 Dinosaur Jr. You're Living All Over Me 160 3
335 Big Star Third / Sister Lovers 162 4
334 OutKast Aquemini 162 4
333 Leonard Cohen The Future 162 3
332 Paul Simon Graceland 162 3
331 N.W.A. Straight Outta Compton 162 2
330 Olivia Tremor Control Music from the Unrealized Script, Dusk at Cubist Castle 162 2
329 Black Sabbath Sabotage 163 2
328 Elliot Smith Elliot Smith 164 2
327 John Coltrane My Favorite Things 164 2
326 Lauryn Hill The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill 164 2
325 Andrew W.K. I Get Wet 165 4
324 Mr. Bungle California 166 2
323 Pink Floyd Animals 168 4
322 Jane's Addiction Nothing's Shocking 168 3
321 Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention Hot Rats 168 2
320 Jimi Hendrix Axis: Bold as Love 168 2
319 Pearl Jam Vs. 169 4
318 The Sea and Cake The Biz 169 2
317 David Bowie Station to Statoin 170 3
316 Air Moon Safari 171 2
315 The Deftones White Pony 171 2 1
314 Blondie Parallel Lines 172 4
313 Slayer South of Heaven 172 2
312 The Deftones Around the Fur 172 2
311 The Mekons Fear and Whiskey 174 4
310 Oasis Definitely Maybe 174 3
309 Nine Inch Nails The Fragile 175 2
308 Ween GodWeenSatan: The Oneness 176 2
307 The Feelies Crazy Rhythms 177 4
306 OutKast Speakerboxx / The Love Below 177 3
305 At the Drive In Relationship of Command 178 3
304 Built to Spill Keep it Like a Secret 178 3
303 Thin Lizzy Jailbreak 179 4
302 Richard Buckner Devotion and Doubt 180 2
301 Spoon Girls Can Tell 181 3
300 Jesus Lizard Goat 181 2
299 Rage Against the Machine Rage Against the Machine 181 2
298 Sparklehorse Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissoinplot 182 4
297 Soundgarden Superunkown 182 2
296 Beck Mutations 183 4
295 Steve Earle Elcorazon 183 4
294 Hole Live Through This 186 4
293 Chuck Berry The Great 28 186 2
292 Rush Moving Pictures 187 3
291 Van Halen Van Halen 187 3
290 Warren Zevon Warren Zevon 187 3
289 Pere Ubu The Modern Dance 188 5 1
288 Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Damn the Torpedoes 189 5
287 Metallica Kill 'em All 191 2
286 Unwound Leaves Turn Inside You 192 3
285 Leonard Cohen I'm Your Man 193 4
284 Smashing Pumpkins Gish 193 3
283 The Notwist Neon Golden 193 3
282 The Band Music from Big Pink 194 5
281 Neil Young On the Beach 194 3
280 Run DMC Raising Hell 194 3
279 Fiona Apple When the Pawn… 195 5
278 Iron Maiden Piece of Mind 197 3
277 Husker Du Warehouse: Songs and Stories 198 2
276 Black Flag Damaged 200 3
275 Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention We're Only In It For the Money 200 2
274 The Pixies Trompe Le Monde 201 3
273 Orbital In Sides 203 4
272 Kraftwerk Trans-Europe Express 204 4
271 Charles Mingus Ah Um 205 4
270 Steve Earle Train a Comin' 205 4
269 Pearl Jam Vitalogy 207 4
268 Talking Heads Fear of Music 207 4
267 Spiritualized Ladies and Gentlemen, We are Floating in Space 208 4
266 Belle and Sebastian Dear Catastrophe Waitress 208 3
265 The Avalanches Since I Left You 209 4
264 The Byrds Mr. Tambourine Man 209 4
263 Led Zeppelin III 209 3 1
262 Metallica Ride the Lightning 209 3
261 Sigur Ros Agaetis Byrjun 211 5
260 X Wild Gift 211 4
259 Basement Jaxx Rooty 212 5
258 Los Lobos Kiko 212 5
257 Richard Thompson and Linda Thompson Shoot Out the Lights 212 5
256 R.E.M. Fables of the Reconstruction 212 4
255 Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention Joe's Garage 212 2 1
254 Neil Young Everybody Knows This is Nowhere 213 5
253 Dusty Springfield Dusty in Memphis 214 4
252 Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention Freak Out! 215 4
251 Stevie Wonder Songs in the Key of Life 217 3
250 The Who Live at Leeds 219 5
249 The Beatles Beatles for Sale 221 4
248 Motley Crue Shout at the Devil 221 3
247 Red Hot Chili Peppers Bloodsugarsexmagik 222 3
246 Massive Attack Mezzanine 223 4
245 The Strokes Room on Fire 223 3 1
244 The Stooges Raw Power 224 5
243 Brian Eno Here Come the Warm Jets 227 4
242 Roxy Music Country Life 229 4
241 Bob Dylan The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan 229 3
240 Modest Mouse The Moon and Antarctica 232 5
239 Curtis Mayfield Superfly 232 3
238 The Modern Lovers The Modern Lovers 233 4
237 Portishead Dummy 234 5
236 My Bloody Valentine Isn't Anything 234 4
235 Ryan Adams Heartbreaker 234 4
234 Van Morrison It's Too Late to Stop Now 234 4
233 Moby Everything is Wrong 235 4
232 The Flaming Lips Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots 235 4
231 Mercury Rev Deserter's Songs 235 3
230 Wilco A Ghost is Born 235 3
229 XTC Skylarking 236 6
228 Prefab Sprout Two Wheels Good 239 3
227 De La Soul 3 Feet High and Rising 242 4
226 Aphex Twin Selected Ambient Works '85-'92 242 3
225 Kraftwerk The Man Machine 243 5
224 Pearl Jam Ten 244 6
223 Tori Amos Little Earthquakes 244 4
222 Turbonegro Apocalypse Dudes 245 4
221 The Police Synchronicity 246 4
220 Notorious B.I.G. Ready to Die 246 3
219 Ministry Psalm 69 247 5
218 Talk Talk Laughing Stock 247 4
217 T. Rex Electric Warrior 248 6
216 AC/DC Back in Black 248 5
215 Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band Trout Mask Replica 249 3
214 Fleetwood Mac Rumors 250 8
213 Primal Scream XTRMNTR 250 4
212 Radiohead Hail to the Thief 251 5
211 The Descendants Milo Goes to College 253 4
210 Nine Inch Nails The Downward Spiral 254 5
209 The Chemical Bros. Dig Your Own Hole 256 4
208 Queensryche Operation: Mindcrime 258 3
207 Jimi Hendrix Electric Ladyland 259 5
206 X-Ray Spex Germfree Adolescents 259 4
205 Galaxie 500 On Fire 259 3
204 Elvis Costello Armed Forces 261 5
203 Michael Jackson Thriller 261 5
202 Bob Dylan Desire 261 4
201 The Cars The Cars 262 5
200 Leonard Cohen Songs of Leonard Cohen 266 5
199 Iron Maiden The Number of the Beast 267 4
198 Elvis Costello Get Happy!! 269 5
197 Nick Drake Bryter Layter 269 4
196 Pulp This is Hardcore 269 4
195 Bruce Springsteen The River 270 5
194 The White Stripes White Blood Cells 271 6
193 Ben Folds Five Ben Folds Five 271 4
192 Ben Folds Five Whatever and Ever Amen 272 4
191 The Flaming Lips Clouds Taste Metallic 273 3
190 Queens of the Stone Age Rated R 273 6
189 Dead Kennedys Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables 273 4
188 Iron Maiden Live After Death 281 4
187 DJ Shadow …Endtroducing 283 5
186 John Lennon John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band 284 5
185 The Shins Oh, Inverted World 284 4
184 Black Sabbath Masters of Reality 287 5
183 Boards of Canada Music Has the Right to Children 287 4
182 Guns n Roses Appetite for Destruction 289 5
181 Depeche Mode Violator 290 6
180 Ween The Mollusk 290 3 1
179 OutKast Stankonia 296 5
178 Genesis The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway 296 3
177 Bjork Post 299 5
176 Roxy Music For Your Pleasure 301 7
175 Van Morrison Moondance 305 7
174 Sugar Copper Blue 305 5
173 Matthew Sweet Girlfriend 306 6
172 Nirvana MTV Unplugged in New York 307 5
171 Wire Chairs Missing 310 6
170 The Doors The Doors 311 6
169 Aphex Twin Selected Ambient Works Vol. 2 313 6
168 X Los Angeles 313 6
167 Peter Gabriel Security 314 4
166 David Bowie Heroes 317 6
165 Primal Scream Screamadelica 317 5
164 Sleater-Kinney Dig Me Out 317 5
163 U2 War 321 6
162 Pink Floyd Piper at the Gates of Dawn 323 5
161 The Fall The Wonderful and Frigthening World of The Fall 324 5
160 Aretha Franklin I Never Loved a Man (The Way I Love You) 326 4
159 Slint Spiderland 326 4
158 The Kinks Something Else By the Kinks 330 5
157 Wu-Tang Clan Enter The Wu-Tang: The 36 Chambers 330 5
156 Tom Waits Closing Time 331 5
155 Bruce Springsteen Darkness on the Edge of Town 335 5
154 The Replacements Tim 336 6
153 R.E.M. Document 337 8
152 Tom Waits Swrodfishtrombones 337 6
151 Mission of Burma Vs. 339 6
150 The Rolling Stones Beggar's Banquet 340 5
149 PJ Harvey Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea 343 5
148 The Band The Band 343 5
147 Elliot Smith Figure 8 348 4
146 Elliot Smith X/O 351 7
145 The Magnetic Fields 69 Love Songs 354 6
144 Broken Social Scene You Forgot it in People 359 6
143 Marvin Gaye What's Going On 359 6
142 Ween Chocolate and Cheese 368 6
141 Bob Dylan Bringing it All Back Home 368 5
140 Beastie Boys Paul's Boutique 369 7
139 Lucinda Williams Car Wheels on a Dirt Gravel Road 369 7
138 X More Fun in the New World 375 7
137 New Order Power, Corruption & Lies 376 7
136 Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon 376 7
135 Joy Division Unknown Pleasures 377 5
134 The Rolling Stones Between the Buttons 381 7
133 Fugazi Repeater 381 6
132 Prince Dirty Mind 387 7
131 Pavement Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain 389 7
130 Nick Drake Five Leaves Left 391 6
129 Public Enemy Fear of a Black Planet 397 7
128 The Buzzcocks Singles Going Steady 399 6
127 Slayer Reign in Blood 401 5
126 The Ramones Leave Home 403 6
125 Daft Punk Discovery 405 7
124 The Who The Who Sell Out 410 6
123 Public Image Ltd. Second Edition 414 8
122 Public Enemy It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back 416 7
121 Yo La Tengo I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One 416 7
120 Johnny Cash Live at Folsom 418 8
119 Prince 1999 419 6
118 Pulp Different Class 420 7
117 R.E.M. New Adventures in Hi-Fi 424 7
116 Bruce Springsteen The Wild, The Innocent and the E-Street Shuffle 429 6 1
115 Led Zeppelin II 431 9
114 New Order Substance 432 5 1
113 Sonic Youth Dirty 433 7
112 Bjork Homogenic 435 8 1
111 Big Star #1 Record 438 9
110 The Pixies Surfer Rosa 439 8
109 U2 The Joshua Tree 440 8
108 Led Zeppelin Physical Graffiti 446 7
107 Afghan Whigs Gentlemen 447 6
106 The Flaming Lips Transmissions from the Satellite Heart 448 7
105 Ministry The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste 452 7
104 Belle and Sebastian If You're Feeling Sinister 464 7 1
103 GZA Liquid Swords 471 6
102 Peter Gabriel So 472 6
101 Patti Smith Horses 477 7
100 David Bowie Low 479 9
99 The Replacements Pleased to Meet Me 479 9
98 Big Star Radio City 496 11
97 Weezer Weezer (Blue Album) 501 10
96 Elliot Smith Either / Or 503 6
95 Bruce Springsteen Nebraska 504 7
94 R.E.M. Reckoning 505 11
93 The Beatles Abbey Road 509 7
92 Son Volt Trace 510 8
91 Interpol Turn on the Bright Lights 512 7
90 Tom Waits Rain Dogs 514 7
89 Wire Pink Flag 516 8
88 The Rolling Stones Let it Bleed 518 8
87 Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here 529 8
86 The Ramones Rocket to Russia 529 6
85 Love Forever Changes 532 10
84 Beck Sea Change 538 12
83 Beck Odelay 541 10
82 Television Marquee Moon 541 9
81 Prince Sign O the Times 543 10
80 David Bowie Hunky Dory 544 8
79 The Rolling Stones Sticky Fingers 548 9 1
78 Blur Parklife 549 9
77 Neil Young Rust Never Sleeps 549 7
76 John Coltrane A Love Supreme 557 8 1
75 Bob Dylan Highway 61 Revisited 560 7 2
74 Prince Purple Rain 567 8
73 Joy Division Closer 571 7
72 Neil Young Tonight's the Night 572 10 1
71 Afghan Whigs Black Love 572 8
70 Led Zeppelin Houses of the Holy 573 9
69 Metallica Master of Puppets 583 10 1
68 The Cure Disintegration 583 9 1
67 Smashing Pumpkins Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness 587 9
66 The Who Who's Next 588 9
65 The Strokes Is This It? 590 12
64 The Jesus and Mary Chain Psychocandy 590 9
63 The Beatles Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 594 8
62 The Smiths The Queen is Dead 595 9
61 The Who Quadrophenia 595 8 1
60 Elvis Costello My Aim is True 598 11
59 The Sex Pistols Nevermind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols 607 11
58 Husker Du New Day Rising 613 10
57 The Velvet Underground Loaded 619 10
56 Neutral Milk Hotel In the Aeroplane Over the Sea 630 9 1
55 Joni Mitchell Blue 632 9
54 Black Sabbath Paranoid 633 9
53 U2 Achtung Baby 636 10 2
52 Nas Illmatic 636 7
51 Husker Du Zen Arcade 640 9
50 Nirvana Nevermind 671 10
49 Neil Young After the Gold Rush 679 12
48 Jeff Buckley Grace 685 11 1
47 Led Zeppelin IV 691 9
46 Miles Davis Kind of Blue 695 10
45 The Clash The Clash 700 10 1
44 Jimi Hendrix Are You Experienced? 706 9
43 The Kinks The Kinks Present the Village Green Preservation Society 717 10
42 Stevie Wonder Innervisions 752 12
41 Pink Floyd The Wall 753 11 1
40 Radiohead The Bends 754 14
39 The Velvet Underground White Light / White Heat 761 13
38 Bruce Springsteen Born to Run 761 11
37 Liz Phair Exile in Guyville 762 9 1
36 Elvis Costello This Year's Model 770 11
35 Brian Eno Another Green World 779 11 2
34 The Stone Roses The Stone Roses 786 11
33 Bob Dylan Blonde on Blonde 788 10
32 David Bowie The Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars 794 11
31 Gang of Four Entertainment! 802 13
30 The Stooges Fun House 803 12
29 The Velvet Underground The Velvet Underground 818 11
28 Weezer Pinkerton 829 10
27 The Flaming Lips The Soft Bulletin 858 13
26 Nick Drake Pink Moon 868 13
25 The Beatles The Beatles (The White Album) 870 11
24 Van Morrison Astral Weeks 872 12
23 Bob Dylan Blood on the Tracks 913 11
22 The Pixies Doolittle 915 17
21 R.E.M. Life's Rich Pageant 933 12
20 Nirvana In Utero 936 13
19 Smashing Pumpkins Siamese Dream 978 15
18 Radiohead Kid A 983 15 1
17 Sonic Youth Daydream Nation 1055 14
16 The Ramones The Ramones 1066 14
15 Wilco Summerteeth 1078 17
14 Pavement Slanted and Enchanted 1095 17 1
13 The Beatles Rubber Soul 1102 15
12 Talking Heads Remain in Light 1110 15
11 The Rolling Stones Exile on Main Street 1136 14
10 Wilco Yankee Hotel Foxtrot 1204 18
9 R.E.M. Murmur 1205 15 1
8 R.E.M. Automatic for the People 1246 16 3
7 My Bloody Valentine Loveless 1322 15 1
6 The Velvet Underground Velvet Underground & Nico 1402 19 1
5 The Replacements Let it Be 1517 21 1
4 The Beach Boys Pet Sounds 1520 23 1
3 The Beatles Revolver 1521 22 1
2 The Clash London Calling 2137 24 3
1 Radiohead OK Computer 2146 26 1

and SINGLES

500. The Beta Band - Championship Versions EP (132 points, 2 votes)
499. Little Richard - "Tutti Frutti" (132 points, 2 votes)
498. Iggy Pop - "The Passenger" (132 points, 2 votes)
497. Snoop Dogg - "Gin and Juice" (133 points, 3 votes)
496. The Libertines - "Time for Heroes" (133 points, 2 votes)
495. The Go-Gos - "Head Over Heels" (133 points, 2 votes)
494. The Creation - "Makin' Time" (133 points, 2 votes)
493. Nirvana - "In Bloom" (134 points, 3 votes)
492. Musical Youth - "Pass the Dutchie" (134 points, 2 votes)
491. Michael Jackson - "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" (134 points, 2 votes)
490. Aretha Franklin - "I Say a Little Prayer" (134 points, 2 votes)
489. Spencer Davis Group - "Gimme Some Lovin'" (135 points, 4 votes)
488. Matthew Sweet - "Sick of Myself" (135 points, 3 votes)
487. New Pornographers - "Letter From an Occupant" (135 points, 2 votes)
486. Dolly Parton - "Jolene" (135 points, 2 votes)
485. AC/DC - "Highway to Hell" (135 points, 2 votes)
484. The Soft Boys - "I Wanna Destroy You" (136 points, 3 votes)
483. Sparks - "This Town Ain't Big Enough for Two Of Us" (136 points, 2 votes)
482. Dionne Warwick - "Walk on By" (136 points, 2 votes)
481. The Buzzcocks - "What Do I Get?" (137 points, 4 votes)
480. Refused - "New Noise" (137 points, 2 votes)
479. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - "Are You the One That I've Been Waiting For?" (137 points, 2 votes)
478. A Tribe Called Quest - "Check the Rhime" (137 points, 2 votes)
477. Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Up Around the Bend" (138 points, 3 votes)
476. The Supremes - "You Keep Me Hanging On" (138 points, 2 votes)
475. The Impressions - "People Get Ready" (138 points, 2 votes)
474. The Cranberries - "Zombie" (138 points, 2 votes)
473. Morrissey - "Suedehead" (138 points, 2 votes)
472. The Cure - "Close to Me" (139 points, 2 votes)
471. The Cranberries - "Linger" (139 points, 2 votes)
470. U2 - "Mysterious Ways" (140 points, 2 votes)
469. The Beatles - "Yesterday" (140 points, 2 votes)
468. My Bloody Valentine - "Feed Me With Your Kiss" (140 points, 2 votes)
467. Megadeath - "Peace Sells" (140 points, 2 votes)
466. Elvis Costello - "Oliver's Army" (140 points, 2 votes)
465. The Romantics - "What I Like About You" (141 points, 4 votes)
464. Counting Crows - "Mr. Jones" (141 points, 4 votes)
463. Ministry - "Jesus Built My Hotrod" (141 points, 3 votes)
462. Tom Tom Club - "Genius of Love" (141 points, 2 votes)
461. Prince - "Raspberry Berret" (141 points, 2 votes)
460. George Jones - "He Stopped Loving Her Today" (141 points, 2 votes)
459. Echo and the Bunnymen - "The Cutter" (141 points, 2 votes)
458. Dave Edmunds - "Girls Talk" (141 points, 2 votes)
457. Rob Base and DJ EZ-Rock - "It Takes Two" (142 points, 4 votes)
456. The Beatles - "She Loves You" (142 points, 2 votes)
455. Blur - "For Tomorrow" (142 points, 2 votes)
454. Ben E. King - "Stand By Me" (142 points, 2 votes)
453. ABBA - "Take a Chance on Me" (142 points, 2 votes)
452. The Go-Gos - "Our Lips are Sealed" (143 points, 3 votes)
451. Superchunk - "Slack Motherfucker" (143 points, 2 votes)
450. Smashing Pumpkins - "Zero" (143 points, 2 votes)
449. New Order - "Everything's Gone Green" / "Procession" (143 points, 2 votes)
448. Sugar - "If I Can't Change Your Mind" (144 points, 3 votes)
447. The Primitives - "Crash" (144 points, 2 votes)
446. Duran Duran - "Girls on Film" (144 points, 2 votes)
445. Moby - "Go" (145 points, 3 votes)
444. De La Soul - "Me, Myself and I" (145 points, 2 votes)
443. The Field Mice - "Missing the Moon" / "A Wrong Turn and Raindrops" (146 points, 2 votes)
442. Cream - "Sunshine of Your Love" (146 points, 2 votes)
441. Blur - "Parklife" (146 points, 2 votes)
440. 808 State - "Pacific" (146 points, 2 votes)
439. The Who - "Substitute" (147 points, 2 votes)
438. Stevie Wonder - "Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing" (147 points, 2 votes)
437. Oasis - "Some Might Say" (147 points, 2 votes)
436. Stevie Wonder - "Higher Ground" (148 points, 3 votes)
435. James Brown - "Get Up (I Feel Like Being a) Sex Machine" (148 points, 3 votes)
434. The Beach Boys - "I Can Hear Music" (148 points, 2 votes)
433. Bruce Springsteen - "Thunder Road" (148 points, 2 votes)
432. The Stone Roses - "Fools' Gold" (149 points, 4 votes)
431. Mission of Burma - "That's When I Reach for My Revolver" (149 points, 3 votes)
430. Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Sweet Home Alabama" (149 points, 3 votes)
429. Catherine Wheel - "Black Metallic" (149 points, 2 votes)
428. Elastica - "Connection" (150 points, 4 votes)
427. Toots and the Maytals - "Pressure Drop" (150 points, 3 votes)
426. The Cure - "Lovesong" (150 points, 3 votes)
425. R.E.M. - "(Don't Go Back to) Rockville" (150 points, 2 votes)
424. N.W.A. - "Fuck the Police" (150 points, 2 votes)
423. The Digital Underground - "The Humpty Dance" (151 points, 3 votes)
422. Portishead - "Sour Times (Nobody Loves Me)" (151 points, 3 votes)
421. Fischerspooner - "Emerge" (151 points, 3 votes)
420. The Jags - "Back of My Hand (I've Got Your Number)" (151 points, 2 votes)
419. Sugar - "Helpless" (151 points, 2 votes)
418. Portishead - "Glory Box" (151 points, 2 votes)
417. The Jesus and Mary Chain - "Just Like Honey" (152 points, 3 votes)
416. Rage Against the Machine - "Killing in the Name Of" (152 points, 3 votes)
415. Fatboy Slim - "Praise You" (152 points, 3 votes)
414. The Who - "Pinball Wizard" (152 points, 2 votes)
413. The Supremes - "Stop! In the Name of Love" (152 points, 2 votes)
412. Simon and Garfunkel - "The Boxer" (153 points, 3 votes)
411. Fiona Apple - "Fast as You Can" (153 points, 3 votes)
410. Yo La Tengo - "Autumn Sweater" (153 points, 2 votes)
409. Patsy Cline - "Walkin' After Midnight" (153 points, 2 votes)
408. Bobby Womack - "Across 110th Street" (154 points, 3 votes)
407. Kirsty MacColl - "They Don't Know" (154 points, 2 votes)
406. Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories - "Stay (I Missed You)" (155 points, 3 votes)
405. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - "Free Fallin'" (155 points, 2 votes)
404. The Rolling Stones - "Street Fighting Man" (155 points, 2 votes)
403. Blur - "The Universal" (155 points, 2 votes)
402. Steely Dan - "Reelin' in the Years" (156 points, 3 votes)
401. Simple Minds - "Don't You (Forget About Me)" (156 points, 2 votes)
400. Love and Rockets - "So Alive" (156 points, 2 votes)
399. Veruca Salt - "Seether" (157 points, 3 votes)
398. The Kinks - "Lola" (157 points, 3 votes)
397. Iron Maiden - "Run to the Hills" (158 points, 3 votes)
396. Coldplay - "Clocks" (158 points, 3 votes)
395. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - "The Waitng" (158 points, 2 votes)
394. The Chi-Lites - "Oh Girl" (160 points, 3 votes)
393. Bauhaus - "Bela Lugosi's Dead" (160 points, 3 votes)
392. The Folk Implosion - "Natural One" (160 points, 2 votes)
391. Derek and the Dominoes - "Layla" (160 points, 2 votes)
390. U2 - "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" (161 points, 3 votes)
389. Al Green - "Love and Happiness" (161 points, 3 votes)
388. The Streets - "Weak Become Heroes" / "Weak Become Heroes (Royksopp Remix)" (162 points, 3 votes)
387. Prince - "I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man" (162 points, 3 votes)
386. ABBA - "S.O.S." (162 points, 3 votes)
385. Talking Heads - "Burning Down the House" (162 points, 2 votes)
384. Rod Stewart - "Maggie May" (162 points, 2 votes)
383. Pere Ubu - "Final Solution" (162 points, 2 votes)
382. Squeeze - "Up the Junction" (163 points, 2 votes)
381. Bob Mould - "See a Little Light" (163 points, 2 votes)
380. William de Vaughn - "Be Thankful for What You Got" (164 points, 3 votes)
379. Steve Harley with Cockney Rebel - "Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me)" (164 points, 2 votes)
378. Smashing Pumpkins - "Rocket" (164 points, 2 votes)
377. Mudhoney - "Touch Me I'm Sick" (164 points, 2 votes)
376. Aphex Twin - "On" (164 points, 2 votes)
375. Soundgarden - "Fell on Black Days" (165 points, 3 votes)
374. Modest Mouse - "Float On" (165 points, 3 votes)
373. Beck - "The New Pollution" (166 points, 4 votes)
372. Pearl Jam - "Alive" (166 points, 3 votes)
371. The Buzzcocks - "Ever Fallen in Love (With Someone You Shouldn't Have)" (166 poitns, 2 votes)
370. Curtis Mayfield - "Move on Up" (166 points, 2 votes)
369. Wu-Tang Clan - "Protect Ya Neck" / "Method Man" (167 points, 4 votes)
368. Marshall Crenshaw - "Someday Someway" (167 points, 3 votes)
367. The Orb - "The Blue Room" (167 points, 2 votes)
366. Sugababes - "Freak Like Me" (168 points, 3 votes)
365. The Cardigans - "Lovefool" (168 points, 2 votes)
364. Roxy Music - "Virginia Plain" (168 points, 2 votes)
363. Ash - "A Life Less Ordinary" (168 points, 2 votes)
362. Hum - "Stars" (169 points, 3 votes)
361. Yes - "Roundabout" (170 points, 2 votes)
360. Saint Etienne - "He's on the Phone" (171 points, 3 votes)
359. Elvis Presley - "Hound Dog" (171 points, 3 votes)
358. Dinosaur Jr - "Freak Scene" (171 points, 3 votes)
357. The Cure - "Fascination Street" (171 points, 2 votes)
356. The White Stripes - "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground" (172 points, 3 votes)
355. Chic - "Good Times" (172 points, 3 votes)
354. Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five - "The Message" (173 points, 3 votes)
353. Eddie Cochran - "Summertime Blues" (173 points, 3 votes)
352. Morrissey - "Everyday is Like Sunday" (173 points, 2 votes)
351. The Band - "The Weight" (174 points, 4 votes)
350. Tears for Fears - "Head Over Heels" (174 points, 4 votes)
349. Basement Jaxx - "Romeo" (174 points, 3 votes)
348. R.E.M. - "South Central Rain (I'm Sorry)" (174 points, 2 votes)
347. Michael Jackson - "Beat It" (174 points, 2 votes)
346. Interpol - "PDA" / "NYC" (176 points, 3 votes)
345. T. Rex - "20th Century Boy" (177 points, 4 votes)
344. The Ramones - "Sheena is a Punk Rocker" (177 points, 3 votes)
343. Marvin Gaye - "Let's Get it On" (177 points, 3 votes)
342. Carole King - "It's Too Late" (177 points, 3 votes)
341. Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Proud Mary" (177 points, 2 votes)
340. The Ramones - "Judy is a Punk" (178 points, 4 votes)
339. The Byrds - "All I Really Wanna Do" / "I'll Feel a Whole Lot Better" (178 points, 3 votes)
338. J. Geils Band - "Centerfold" (178 points, 3 votes)
337. Dizzee Rascal - "I Luv U" / "I Luv U (Remix f/ Sharkey and Wiley)" / "Vexed" (179 points, 5 votes)
336. Joy Division - "Transmission" (179 points, 3 votes)
335. Nirvana - "Come As You Are (179 points, 2 votes)
334. Stone Temple Pilots - "Interstate Love Song" (180 points, 3 votes)
333. Blondie - "Rapture" (180 points, 2 votes)
332. !!! - "Me and Giuliani Down By the Schoolyard (A True Story)" (181 points, 6 votes)
331. AR Kane - "A Love From Outer Space" (181 points, 2 votes)
330. Kraftwerk - "Trans-Europe Express" (182 points, 4 votes)
329. R.E.M. - "The One I Love" (182, 2 votes)
328. Jimi Hendrix - "Voodoo Child" (182 points, 2 votes)
327. The Pharcyde - "Passing Me By" (183 points, 3 votes)
326. The Clipse - "Grindin'" (183 points, 3 votes)
325. The Platters - "The Great Pretender" (183 points, 2 votes)
324. The Yeah Yeah Yeahs - "Maps" (184 points, 4 votes)
323. The Police - "Message in a Bottle" (185 points, 4 votes)
322. Nirvana - "Lithium" (185 points, 3 votes)
321. Madonna - "Holiday" (185 points, 3 votes)
320. Frankie Goes to Hollywood - "Relax" (185 points, 3 votes)
319. Sly & The Family Stone - "Hot Fun in the Summertime" (186 points, 3 votes)
318. Roxy Music - "Love is the Drug" (186 points, 2 votes)
317. Don MacLean - "American Pie" (187 points, 3 votes)
316. Alice in Chains - "Man in the Box" (188 points, 2 votes)
315. The Foo Fighters - "Everlong" (189 points, 3 votes)
314. Jackie Wilson - "(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher" (190 points, 4 votes)
313. Basement Jaxx - "Where's Your Head At?" (190 points, 4 votes)
312. Nine Inch Nails - "Wish" (190 points, 2 votes)
311. XTC - "Senses Working Overtime" (191 points, 3 votes)
310. Led Zeppelin - "Immigrant Song" (192 points, 4 votes)
309. Nancy Sinatra - "These Boots Were Made for Walkin'" (192 points, 3 votes)
308. Marvin Gaye - "Sexual Healing" (192 points, 3 votes)
307. The Troggs - "Wild Thing" (192 points, 2 votes)
306. The Clash - "(White Man) In Hammersmith Palais" (192 points, 2 votes)
305. The Hives - "Hate to Say I Told You So" (193 points, 5 votes)
304. Smashing Pumpkins - "Cherub Rock" (193 points, 4 votes)
303. Tori Amos - "Winter" (193 points, 3 votes)
302. Liz Phair - "Never Said" (193 points, 3 votes)
301. Buddy Holly & The Crickets - "Rave On" (193 points, 2 votes)
300. Sly & The Family Stone - "Everday People" (194 points, 5 votes)
299. Led Zeppelin - "Stairway to Heaven" (195 points, 2 votes)
298. Chuck Berry - "Johnnie B. Goode" (196 points, 3 votes)
297. Cracker - "Low" (197 points, 3 votes)
296. Stevie Wonder - "Living for the City" (198 points, 3 votes)
295. Elvis Costello - "Watching the Detectives" (198 points, 3 votes)
294. Kate Bush - "Running Up That Hill" (199 points, 3 votes)
293. Devo - "Jocko Homo" / "Mongoloid" (200 points, 3 votes)
292. Tommy James and the Shandells - "Crimson and Clover" (201 points, 3 votes)
291. The Shins - "New Slang" (201 points, 3 votes)
290. T. Rex - "Jeepster" (201 points, 3 votes)
289. R.E.M. - "What's the Frequency, Kenneth?" (201 points, 3 votes)
288. The Smiths - "Hand in Glove" (201 points, 2 votes)
287. Pearl Jam - "Black" (203 points, 3 votes)
286. Martha Reeves & the Vandells - "Heatwave" (203 points, 3 votes)
285. The Orb - "Little Fluffy Clouds" (204 points, 5 votes)
284. Missy Elliott - "Get Ur Freak On" (204 points, 5 votes)
283. Aaliyah - "Try Again" (204 points, 4 votes)
282. The Rolling Stones - "You Can't Always Get What You Want" (205 points, 4 votes)
281. Eminem - "Lose Yourself" (206 points, 4 votes)
280. The Hollies - "Bus Stop" (206 points, 3 votes)
279. Smashing Pumpkins - "Mayonnaise" (207 points, 4 votes)
278. Elvis Costello - "Pump It Up" (209 points, 4 votes)
277. The Monkees - "I'm a Believer" (209 points, 3 votes)
276. The Bee Gees - "Staying Alive" (209 points, 3 votes)
275. Marvin Gaye - "I Heard it Through the Grapevine" (209 points, 3 votes)
274. Earth, Wind and Fire - "Let's Groove" (209 points, 3 votes)
273. Oasis - "Champagne Supernova" (210 points, 4 votes)
272. Johnny Cash - "I Walk the Line" (211 points, 4 votes)
271. David Bowie - "Space Oddity" (211 points, 3 votes)
270. Grandaddy - "Crystal Lake" (212 points, 4 votes)
269. David Bowie - "Life on Mars" (212 points, 4 votes)
268. The Who - "My Generation" (212 points, 3 votes)
267. The Beatles - "Help / I'm Down" (212 points, 3 votes)
266. The Pretenders - "Brass in Pocket" (213 points, 5 votes)
265. Bob Dylan - "Positively 4th Street" (213 points, 3 votes)
264. Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Lookin' Out My Back Door" (214 points, 4 votes)
263. Kylie Minogue - "Can't Get You Out of My Head" (215 points, 5 votes)
262. Archers of Loaf - "Web in Front" (215 points, 3 votes)
261. Chic - "I Want Your Love" (216 points, 2 votes)
260. The KLF - "Last Train to Trancentral" (217 points, 3 votes)
259. Roy Orbison - "Only the Lonely" (218 points, 4 votes)
258. Metallica - "One" (218 points, 4 votes)
257. Kylie Minogue - "Love at First Sight" (218 points, 4 votes)
256. Black Sabbath - "Paranoid" (218 points, 4 votes)
255. Dr. Dre f/ Snoop Doggy Dogg - "Nuthin' But a "G" Thang" (220 points, 4 votes)
254. The Shirelles - "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?" (220 points, 3 votes)
253. Radiohead - "High and Dry" / "Black Star" (221 points, 4 votes)
252. Bob Marley - "No Woman, No Cry" (221 points, 4 votes)
251. Orbital - "Halcyon & On + On" (221 points, 3 votes)
250. INXS - "Need You Tonight" (221 points, 3 votes)
249. Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Lodi" (222 points, 3 votes)
248. 10cc - "I'm Not in Love" (225 points, 5 votes)
247. Public Enemy - "Welcome to the Terrordome" (225 points, 4 votes)
246. Gary Numan - "Cars" (225 points, 4 votes)
245. Prong - "Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck" (225 points, 2 votes)
244. Sir Mix-a-Lot - "Baby Got Back" (226 points, 5 votes)
243. The Kinks - "Sunny Afternoon" / "I'm Not Like Everybody Else" (226 points, 3 votes)
242. U2 - "One" (227 points, 6 votes)
241. Daft Punk - "Harder, Better, Faster Stronger" (227 points, 3 votes)
240. Aphex Twin - "Girl / Boy Song" (227 points, 3 votes)
239. R.E.M. - "Drive" (232 points, 5 votes)
238. Blur - "Coffee and TV" (232 points, 4 votes)
237. Machine - "There But for the Grace of God Go I" (232 points, 3 votes)
236. Gladys Knight & The Pips - "Midnight Train to Georgia" (233 points, 5 votes)
235. The Ramones - "I Wanna Be Sedated" (234 points, 3 votes)
234. Marshall Jefferson - "Move Your Body" (234 points, 3 votes)
233. Wire - "Outdoor Miner" (235 points, 3 votes)
232. The Byrds - "Eight Miles High" (236 points, 4 votes)
231. Chuck Berry - "Maybelline" (236 points, 4 votes)
230. Beastie Boys - "Sabotage" (237 points, 5 votes)
229. Otis Redding - "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay" (237 points, 4 votes)
228. Depeche Mode - "Personal Jesus" (239 points, 5 votes)
227. R.E.M. - "Man on the Moon" (239 points, 4 votes)
226. Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Who'll Stop the Rain?" (239 points, 3 votes)
225. Geto Boys - "Mind Playin' Tricks on Me" (241 points, 4 votes)
224. Blur - "Song 2" (242 points, 6 votes)
223. The Who - "I Can See for Miles" (242 points, 4 votes)
222. The Stone Roses - "I Wanna Be Adored" (242 points, 4 votes)
221. Jerry Lee Lewis - "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On" (242 points, 3 votes)
220. The Clash - "Should I Stay or Should I Go" / "Straight to Hell" (243 points, 3 votes)
219. The Beatles - "Ticket to Ride" (244 points, 5 votes)
218. Jay-Z - "Big Pimpin'" (244 points, 4 votes)
217. Weezer - "Say it Ain't So" (246 points, 8 votes)
216. The Replacements - "Bastards of Young" (246 points, 4 votes)
215. Blind Mellon - "No Rain" (246 points, 3 votes)
214. Crowded House - "Don't Dream It's Over" (247 points, 4 votes)
213. U2 - "Bad" (248 points, 4 votes)
212. The Replacements - "Alex Chilton" (249 points, 3 votes)
211. Chic - "Everybody Dance" (249 points, 3 votes)
210. Prince - "Let's Go Crazy" (250 points, 4 votes)
209. New Order - "The Perfect Kiss" (250 points, 4 votes)
208. Johnny Cash - "Folsom Prison Blues" (250 points, 4 votes)
207. Pavement - "Cut Your Hair" (251 points, 3 votes)
206. The Pixies - "Here Comes Your Man" (252 points, 5 votes)
205. The Rolling Stones - "Paint it Black" (253 points, 6 votes)
204. David Bowie - "Rebel Rebel" (253 points, 4 votes)
203. The Stone Roses - "She Bangs the Drums" (254 points, 4 votes)
202. King's X - "Dogman" (254 points, 3 votes)
201. The Stooges - "Search and Destroy" (255 points, 4 votes)
200. Spoon - "The Way We Get By" (255 points, 4 votes)
199. Weezer - "Buddy Holly" (257 points, 6 votes)
198. ? And the Mysterians - "96 Tears" (257 points, 5 votes)
197. Primal Scream - "Loaded" (257 points, 4 votes)
196. The Records - "Starry Eyes" (258 points, 4 votes)
195. Rush - "Tom Sawyer" (258 points, 4 votes)
194. Jimi Hendrix - "Purple Haze" (258 points, 4 votes)
193. David Banner - "Like a Pimp" (259 points, 3 votes)
192. The Rolling Stones - "Ruby Tuesday" / "Let's Spend the Night Together" (260 points, 4 votes)
191. R. Kelly - "Ignition (Remix)" (260 points, 3 votes)
190. The Pixies - "Where Is My Mind?" (261 points, 4 votes)
189. Peter Gabriel - "In Your Eyes" (261 points, 4 votes)
188. Al Green - "Tired of Being Alone" (261 points, 3 votes)
187. Smashing Pumpkins - "Disarm" (262 points, 4 votes)
186. Sinnead O'Connor - "Nothing Compares 2 U" (262 points, 3 votes)
185. The Cure - "Boys Don't Cry" (265 points, 6 votes)
184. The Smiths - "This Charming Man" (266 points, 3 votes)
183. The Kinks - "Waterloo Sunset" (266 points, 3 votes)
182. Pearl Jam - "Jeremy" (267 points, 3 votes)
181. OutKast - "Ms. Jackson" (269 points, 4 votes)
180. Notorious B.I.G. - "Juicy" / "Unbelievable" (269 points, 4 votes)
179. Basement Jaxx - "Red Alert" / "Miracles Keep on Happenin'" (270 points, 5 votes)
178. Jeff Buckley - "Last Goodbye" (271 points, 4 votes)
177. U2 - "Where the Streets Have No Name" (272 points, 4 votes)
176. The Count Five - "Psychotic Reaction" (273 points, 4 votes)
175. U2 - "New Years' Day" (274 points, 4 votes)
174. Ray Charles - "What'd I Say?" (274 points, 4 votes)
173. Dusty Springfield - "Son of a Preacher Man" (275 points, 5 votes)
172. The Flamingoes - "I Only Have Eyes for You" (276 points, 5 votes)
171. R.E.M. - "Radio Free Europe" (276 points, 4 votes)
170. Gang of Four - "Damaged Goods" (276 points, 4 votes)
169. The Beatles - "A Hard Day's Night" / "I Should've Known Better" (277 points, 5 votes)
168. Justin Timberlake - "Cry Me a River" (277 points, 5 votes)
167. Neutral Milk Hotel - "Holland 1945" (277 points, 3 votes)
166. The Who - "Won't Get Fooled Again" (278 points, 5 votes)
165. The Buzzcocks - "Everybody's Happy Nowadays" / "Why Can't I Touch It" (279 points, 3 votes)
164. Nas - "The World is Yours" (280 points, 4 votes)
163. David Bowie - "Changes" (280 points, 4 votes)
162. The Beatles - "Something" (281 points, 4 votes)
161. Orbital - "Chime" (284 points, 3 votes)
160. The Cars - "Let's Go" (285 points, 5 votes)
159. Procol Harum - "Whiter Shade of Pale" (286 points, 5 votes)
158. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - "American Girl" (288 points, 5 votes)
157. Modern English - "I Melt With You" (288 points, 4 votes)
156. The Chemical Bros. - "Setting Sun" (290 points, 4 votes)
155. The Beatles - "Paperback Writer" / "Rain" (290 points, 3 votes)
154. Elvis Costello - "Radio, Radio" / "Tiny Steps" (290 points, 3 votes)
153. Saint Etienne - "Like a Motorway" (291 points, 4 votes)
152. Matthew Sweet - "Girlfriend" (291 points, 4 votes)
151. Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - "Tears of a Clown" (292 points, 5 votes)
150. The Beatles - "I Feel Fine" / "She's a Woman" (296 points, 4 votes)
149. Todd Rundgeren - "I Saw the Light" (297 points, 4 votes)
148. The Rapture - "House of Jealous Lovers" (298 points, 7 votes)
147. Radiohead - "Street Spirit (Fade Out)" (298 points, 4 votes)
146. Prince - "Kiss" (300 points, 6 votes)
145. The Church - "Under the Milky Way" (300 points, 4 votes)
144. Pink Floyd - "Comfortably Numb" (302 points, 5 votes)
143. The Specials - "Ghost Town" (303 points, 5 votes)
142. David Bowie - "Young Americans" (304 points, 5 votes)
141. The Beach Boys - "Don't Worry Baby" (306 points, 4 votes)
140. Swervedriver - "Never Lose That Feeling / Never Learn" (306 points, 4 votes)
139. Stardust - "Music Sounds Better With You" (307 points, 5 votes)
138. Living Colour - "Cult of Personality" (307 points, 5 votes)
137. Elvis Costello - "(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding" (308 points, 4 votes)
136. Annie - "Heartbeat" (310 points, 6 votes)
135. David Bowie - "Heroes" (311 points, 5 votes)
134. Radiohead - "Just" (312 points, 6 votes)
133. New Order - "True Faith" / "1963" (314 points, 5 votes)
132. Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - "Tracks of My Tears" (314 points, 4 votes)
131. Guns n' Roses - "Welcome to the Jungle" (315 points, 7 votes)
130. Aretha Franklin - "Respect" (315 points, 6 votes)
129. The Breeders - "Cannonball" (318 points, 7 votes)
128. The Rolling Stones - "Honky Tonk Women" (319 points, 5 votes)
127. Thin Lizzy - "The Boys are Back in Town" (320 points, 6 votes)
126. The Flaming Lips - "Race for the Prize" (322 points, 4 votes)
125. Blondie - "Heart of Glass" (324 points, 5 votes)
124. Disco Inferno - "The Last Dance" / "DI Go Pop" (324 points, 4 votes)
123. The White Stripes - "Seven Naiton Army" (325 points, 5 votes)
122. Devo - "Whip It" (326 points, 5 votes)
121. The Smiths - "There is a Light That Never Goes Out" (327 points, 5 votes)
120. Radiohead - "Creep" (329 points, 5 votes)
119. Weezer - "El Scorcho" (330 points, 5 votes)
118. U2 - "With or Without You" (332 points, 4 votes)
117. Elvis Presley - "Suspicious Minds" (334 points, 6 votes)
116. Radiohead - "Karma Police" (334 points, 5 votes)
115. The Kinks - "All Day and All of the Night" (335 points, 6 votes)
114. Nirvana - "Heart-Shaped Box" (336 points, 8 votes)
113. R.E.M. - "Fall on Me" (338 points, 5 votes)
112. The Modern Lovers - "Roadrunner" (339 points, 4 votes)
111. Nine Inch Nails - "Closer" (340 points, 6 votes)
110. Marvin Gaye - "What's Goin' On?" (343 points, 6 votes)
109. King's X - "It's Love" (345 points, 3 votes)
108. Underworld - "Born Slippy (Nuxx)" (347 points, 6 votes)
107. James - "Laid" (347 points, 4 votes)
106. The Flaming Lips - "Do You Realize?" (354 points, 7 votes)
105. The Left Banke - "Walk Away Renee" (355 points, 5 votes)
104. John Lennon - "Imagine" (355 points, 4 votes)
103. Motorhead - "Ace of Spades" (357 points, 7 votes)
102. Bjork - "Hyperballad" (358 points, 5 votes)
101. Iggy Pop - "Lust for Life" (360 points, 7 votes)

100. Prince - "Controversy" / "When You Were Mine" (360 points, 5 votes)
99. Smashing Pumpkins - "Tonight, Tonight" (361 points, 5 votes)
98. Violent Femmes - "Blister in the Sun" (362 points, 5 votes)
97. Bonnie Tyler - "Total Eclipse of the Heart" (367 points, 6 votes)
96. The Pixies - "Monkey Gone to Heaven" (368 points, 5 votes)
95. Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Under the Bridge" (376 points, 6 votes)
94. Daft Punk - "One More Time" (377 points, 6 votes)
93. The Temptations - "Just My Imagination" (378 points, 5 votes)
92. Pulp - "Disco 2000" (380 points, 4 votes)
91. Michael Jackson - "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough" (381 points, 7 votes)
90. Otis Redding - "Try a Little Tenderness" (381 points, 5 votes)
89. My Bloody Valentine - "Soon" (383 points, 5 votes)
88. Prince - "Little Red Corvette" (384 points, 6 votes)
87. Joy Division - "Atmosphere" / "She's Lost Control" (386 points, 7 votes)
86. The Mamas and the Papas - "California Dreamin'" (390 points, 6 votes)
85. The Strokes - "Hard to Explain" / "New York City Cops" (392 points, 7 votes)
84. R.E.M. - "It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)" (394 points, 6 votes)
83. The Undertones - "Teenage Kicks" (394 points, 4 votes)
82. Big Star - "September Gurls" (397 points, 7 votes)
81. Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth - "T.R.O.Y. (They Reminisce Over You)" (399 points, 6 votes)
80. Franz Ferdinand - "Take Me Out" (400 points, 10 votes)
79. Cheap Trick - "Surrender" (400 points, 7 votes)
78. The Sex Pistols - "Anarchy in the UK" (401 points, 6 votes)
77. Smashing Pumpkins - "Today" (405 points, 7 votes)
76. The Five Stairsteps - "Oooh Child" (407 points, 6 votes)
75. Deee-Lite - "Groove is in the Heart" (411 points, 6 votes)
74. The Crystals - "Then He Kissed Me" (412 points, 6 votes)
73. Jimi Hendrix - "All Along the Watchtower" (414 points, 7 votes)
72. The Beatles - "I Want to Hold Your Hand" / "I Saw Her Standing There" (419 points, 6 votes)
71. The Beatles - "Eleanor Rigby" (419 points, 5 votes)
70. Gin Blossoms - "Hey Jealousy" (420 points, 6 votes)
69. The Rolling Stones - "Sympathy for the Devil" (421 points, 5 votes)
68. The Who - "I Can't Explain" (424 points, 6 votes)
67. Stevie Wonder - "Superstition" (424 points, 5 votes)
66. Sonic Youth - "Teenage Riot" (426 points, 7 votes)
65. The Sex Pistols - "God Save the Queen" (430 points, 6 votes)
64. Neil Young - "Rockin' in the Free World" (431 points, 6 votes)
63. Faith No More - "Epic" (436 points, 8 votes)
62. The Rolling Stones - "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" (438 points, 7 votes)
61. The Cure - "Pictures of You" (440 pictures, 6 votes)
60. New Radicals - "You Get What You Give" (443 points, 7 votes)
59. Public Enemy - "Fight the Power" (451 points, 7 votes)
58. Pink Floyd - "Wish You Were Here" (459 points, 6 votes)
57. Pavement - "Summer Babe" (460 points, 7 votes)
56. David Bowie and Queen - "Under Pressure" (464 points, 6 votes)
55. The Jackson Five - "I Want You Back" (465 points, 6 votes)
54. The Beatles - "Day Tripper" / "We Can Work it Out" (482 points, 5 votes)
53. Husker Du - "Eight Miles High" (486 points, 6 votes)
52. Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Fortunate Son" (490 points, 8 votes)
51. The Only Ones - "Another Girl, Another Planet" (494 points, 6 votes)
50. The Rolling Stones - "Gimme Shelter" (497 points, 7 votes)
49. ABBA - "Dancing Queen" (504 points, 9 votes)
48. The Verve - "Bittersweet Symphony" (504 points, 8 votes)
47. Wu-Tang Clan - "C.R.E.A.M." (520 points, 9 votes)
46. The Kinks - "You Really Got Me" (523 points, 9 votes)
45. Beck - "Loser" (524 points, 9 votes)
44. Oasis - "Live Forever" (530 points, 10 votes)
43. The Ramones - "Blitzkrieg Bop" (530 points, 9 votes)
42. The Clash - "Rock the Casbah" (542 points, 8 votes)
41. Donna Summer - "I Feel Love" (549 points, 8 votes)
40. Bob Dylan - "Tangled Up in Blue" (557 points, 7 votes)
39. The Velvet Underground - "Sweet Jane" / "Rock and Roll" (560 points, 10 votes)
38. Michael Jackson - "Billie Jean" (561 points, 9 votes)
37. Talking Heads - "Once in a Lifetime" / "Seen and Not Seen" (567 points, 8 votes)
36. Soft Cell - "Tainted Love / Where Did Our Love Go?" (571 points, 8 votes)
35. Blur - "Girls and Boys" (573 points, 11 votes)
34. The Beatles - "Hey Jude" / "Revolution" (577 points, 8 votes)
33. The Cars - "Just What I Needed" (579 points, 8 votes)
32. Cheap Trick - "I Want You to Want Me" (581 points, 11 votes)
31. Daft Punk - "Digital Love" (586 points, 9 votes)
30. Oasis - "Wonderwall" (589 points, 11 votes)
29. Radiohead - "Fake Plastic Trees" / "The Bends" (621 points, 13 votes)
28. Sam Cooke - "Shake" / "A Change is Gonna Come" (622 points, 8 votes)
27. Al Green - "Let's Stay Together" (643 points, 11 votes)
26. The White Stripes - "Fell in Love With a Girl" (663 points, 10 votes)
25. The Ronettes - "Be My Baby" (681 points, 10 votes)
24. R.E.M. - "Losing My Religion" (702 points, 8 votes)
23. Dexy's Midnight Runners - "Come On Eileen" (703 points, 10 votes)
22. Radiohead - "Paranoid Android" (709 points, 11 votes)
21. The Cure - "Just Like Heaven" (722 points, 10 votes)
20. OutKast - "B.O.B. (Bombs Over Baghdad)" (727 points, 12 votes)
19. OutKast - "Hey Ya!" (729 points, 14 votes)
18. Smashing Pumpkins - "1979" (731 points, 13 votes)
17. New Order - "Blue Monday" (742 points, 11 votes)
16. Johnny Cash - "Ring of Fire" (751 points, 11 votes)
15. The Clash - "Train in Vain (Stand By Me)" (783 points, 12 votes)
14. The Beatles - "Strawberry Fields Forever" / "Penny Lane" (796 points, 9 votes)
13. The Clash - "London Calling" (804 points, 13 votes)
12. Prince - "When Doves Cry" / "17 Days" (811 points, 14 votes)
11. Queen - "Bohemian Rhapsody" (852 points, 11 votes)
10. The Smiths - "How Soon is Now?" (856 points, 13 votes)
9. The Beach Boys - "Good Vibrations" (915 points, 14 votes)
8. Bruce Springsteen - "Born to Run" (934 points, 12 votes)
7. Bob Dylan - "Like a Rolling Stone" (1045 points, 14 votes)
6. Pulp - "Common People" (1066 points, 14 votes)
5. New Order - "Temptation" (1087 points, 12 votes)
4. Nirvana - "Smells Like Teen Spirit" (1194 points, 17 votes)
3. Joy Division - "Love Will Tear Us Apart" (1235 points, 16 votes)
2. New Order - "Bizarre Love Triangle" (1235 points, 15 votes)
1. The Beach Boys - "God Only Knows" / "Wouldn't it Be Nice" (1366 points, 20 votes)

Amazing lists! And Acclaimed Music is referenced for each album and single! I am overwhelmingly grateful to The Good Dr Bill!

Thanks Mitchell for posting these lists here!

Just stumbled on the Soundopinions lists -- very cool!

Here are the AtEaseweb Top 500 albums, as posted in 5/2005:

http://www.ateaseweb.com/mb/index.php?showtopic=49502

85 people voted for up to 200 albums apiece. This is a Radiohead message board, so the votes are skewed in their direction, but otherwise these are interesting results. I included some point totals for frame of reference. Later I'll post the compilations and song poll results....

[001] Radiohead / OK Computer [72 votes; 12,895 points]
[002] Radiohead / Kid A
[003] The Beach Boys / Pet Sounds
[004] My Bloody Valentine / Loveless
[005] Velvet Underground and Nico / The Velvet Underground and Nico
[006] The Beatles / The Beatles
[007] The Beatles / Revolver
[008] Radiohead / The Bends
[009] Joy Division / Unknown Pleasures
[010] The Smiths / The Queen is Dead [42 votes; 6,600 points]
[011] Sonic Youth / Daydream Nation
[012] The Flaming Lips / The Soft Bulletin
[013] The Beatles / Abbey Road
[014] Blur / 13
[015] Sigur Rós / Ágætis Byrjun
[016] Joy Division / Closer
[017] Bob Dylan / Highway 61 Revisited
[018] Television / Marquee Moon
[019] Pixies / Doolittle
[020] Interpol / Turn on the Bright Lights
[021] Bob Dylan / Bringing It All Back Home
[022] David Bowie / Low
[023] Nick Drake / Pink Moon
[024] The Stooges / Fun House
[025] The Clash / London Calling
[026] Radiohead / Amnesiac
[027] The Beatles / Rubber Soul
[028] R.E.M. / Automatic for the People
[029] The Beatles / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
[030] Can / Tago Mago
[031] Talking Heads / Remain in Light
[032] Pavement / Slanted and Enchanted
[033] Pulp / Different Class
[034] David Bowie / The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
[035] Pavement / Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain
[036] Neutral Milk Hotel / In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
[037] Wilco / Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
[038] Pink Floyd / Dark Side of the Moon
[039] Tom Waits / Rain Dogs
[040] British Sea Power / The Decline of British Sea Power
[041] Bob Dylan / Blonde on Blonde
[042] Bob Dylan / Blood on the Tracks
[043] The Velvet Underground / The Velvet Underground
[044] Jeff Buckley / Grace
[045] Blur / Parklife
[046] The Velvet Underground / White Light/White Heat
[047] Beck / Odelay
[048] Talk Talk / Spirit of Eden
[049] Slint / Spiderland
[050] Blur / Blur [33 votes; 4,300 points]

[051] Sigur Rós / ( )
[052] Pixies / Surfer Rosa
[053] Gang of Four / Entertainment!
[054] The Stone Roses / The Stone Roses
[055] The Arcade Fire / Funeral
[056] Led Zeppelin / Led Zeppelin IV
[057] Slowdive / Souvlaki
[058] Stevie Wonder / Innervisions
[059] Mogwai / Come on Die Young
[060] Nirvana / In Utero
[061] Godspeed You Black Emperor! / Lift Yr Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven
[062] Can / Ege Bamyasi
[063] Brian Eno / Another Green World
[064] David Bowie / Station To Station
[065] Scott Walker / Scott 4
[066] Leonard Cohen / Songs of Love and Hate
[067] Manic Street Preachers / The Holy Bible
[068] Smashing Pumpkins / Siamese Dream
[069] Neil Young / On the Beach
[070] Neil Young / After the Gold Rush
[071] John Coltrane / A Love Supreme
[072] Björk / Homogenic
[073] Pink Floyd / Wish You Were Here
[074] Miles Davis / Kind of Blue
[075] Nirvana / Nevermind
[076] The Kinks / The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society
[077] R.E.M. / Murmur
[078] DJ Shadow / Endtroducing...
[079] David Bowie / Hunky Dory
[080] Leonard Cohen / The Songs of Leonard Cohen
[081] Portishead / Dummy
[082] Belle and Sebastian / If You're Feeling Sinister
[083] The Beatles / Magical Mystery Tour
[084] The Flaming Lips / Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
[085] Brian Eno / Here Come the Warm Jets
[086] Weezer / Pinkerton
[087] Pulp / This Is Hardcore
[088] The Rolling Stones / Let it Bleed
[089] The Rolling Stones / Sticky Fingers
[090] Charles Mingus / The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady
[091] The Jimi Hendrix Experience / Electric Ladyland
[092] Brian Wilson / Smile
[093] Talk Talk / Laughing Stock
[094] The Zombies / Odessey and Oracle
[095] Oasis / Definitely Maybe
[096] Radiohead / Hail To The Thief
[097] Primal Scream / XTRMNTR
[098] The Jesus and Mary Chain / Psychocandy
[099] Tom Waits / Alice
[100] R.E.M. / New Adventures in Hi-Fi [22 votes; 3,017 points]

[101] Sonic Youth / Sister
[102] Spiritualized / Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
[103] Marvin Gaye / What's Going On
[104] Eels / Electro Shock Blues
[105] Joni Mitchell / Blue
[106] Love / Forever Changes
[107] Pulp / We Love Life
[108] Weezer / Weezer
[109] Patti Smith / Horses
[110] Autechre / Tri Repetae++
[111] Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band / Trout Mask Replica
[112] The Avalanches / Since I Left You
[113] The Strokes / Is This It
[114] Wire / Pink Flag
[115] The Rolling Stones / Exile on Main Street
[116] Curtis Mayfield / Superfly
[117] Pink Floyd / Animals
[118] Modest Mouse / The Moon and Antarctica
[119] The Band / The Band
[120] Public Enemy / It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold us Back
[121] Talking Heads / Fear of Music
[122] Nick Drake / Five Leaves Left
[123] The Jimi Hendrix Experience / Are You Experienced?
[124] Aphex Twin / Selected Ambient Works Vol II
[125] Pink Floyd / Meddle
[126] Broken Social Scene / You Forgot It In People
[127] Godspeed You Black Emperor! / F# A# 8
[128] Funkadelic / Maggot Brain
[129] New Order / Power, Corruption & Lies
[130] Oasis / (What's the Story) Morning Glory?
[131] Massive Attack / Mezzanine
[132] Boards of Canada / Music Has the Right to Children
[133] Björk / Post
[134] Air / Moon Safari
[135] The Stooges / Raw Power
[136] The Smiths / Strangeways, Here We Come
[137] The Fall / Hex Enduction Hour
[138] Mogwai / Young Team
[139] Wilco / Summerteeth
[140] The Smiths / The Smiths
[141] Can / Future Days
[142] The Cure / Disintegration
[143] Nas / Illmatic
[144] A Tribe Called Quest / The Low End Theory
[145] Pink Floyd / The Piper at the Gates of Dawn
[146] Mogwai / Rock Action
[147] Mercury Rev / Deserter's Songs
[148] Mogwai / Happy Songs for Happy People
[149] Sonic Youth / EVOL
[150] The Who / Who's Next
[151] Manic Street Preachers / Everything Must Go
[152] Grandaddy / The Sophtware Slump
[153] The Clash / The Clash
[154] The Fall / This Nation's Saving Grace
[155] Bob Dylan / The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan
[156] Public Enemy / Fear of a Black Planet
[157] Fennesz / Endless Summer
[158] Os Mutantes / Os Mutantes
[159] Coldplay / Parachutes
[160] Lou Reed / Transformer
[161] The Smashing Pumpkins / Mellon Collie and The Infinite Sadness
[162] The Verve / Urban Hymns
[163] The Sex Pistols / Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols
[164] Public Image Ltd. / Metal Box
[165] And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead / Source Tags and Codes
[166] U2 / The Joshua Tree
[167] Do Make Say Think / Winter Hymn Country Hymn Secret Hymn
[168] Primal Scream / Screamadelica
[169] Van Morrison / Astral Weeks
[170] Neu! / Neu!
[171] Cocteau Twins / Treasure
[172] Suicide / Suicide
[173] U2 / Achtung Baby
[174] Charles Mingus / Mingus Ah Um
[175] British Sea Power / Open Season
[176] Faust / So Far
[177] Iggy Pop / The Idiot
[178] Fairport Convention / Unhalfbricking
[179] Super Furry Animals / Radiator
[180] Modest Mouse / The Lonesome Crowded West
[181] Super Furry Animals / Guerrilla
[182] Aphex Twin / Richard D. James Album
[183] GZA/Genius / Liquid Swords
[184] My Bloody Valentine / Isn't Anything
[185] The Shins / Chutes Too Narrow
[186] The United States of America / The United States of America
[187] Nine Inch Nails / The Downward Spiral
[188] Elvis Costello and the Attractions / This Year's Model
[189] Sonic Youth / Confusion Is Sex
[190] R.E.M. / Up
[191] Autechre / Confield
[192] The Fiery Furnaces / Blueberry Boat
[193] The Beta Band / The Three EPs
[194] Suede / Dog Man Star
[195] The Kinks / Something Else by The Kinks
[196] De La Soul / Three Feet High and Rising
[197] Aphex Twin / Selected Ambient Works 85-92
[198] The Smiths / Meat is Murder
[199] Wu-Tang Clan / Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
[200] Miles Davis / In a Silent Way [13 votes, 1,621 points]

[201] Scott Walker / Scott 2
[202] Elliott Smith / Either/Or
[203] Glenn Branca / The Ascension
[204] Cat Power / Moon Pix
[205] Blur / Modern Life Is Rubbish
[206] Roxy Music / For Your Pleasure
[207] Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band / Safe As Milk
[208] The Smashing Pumpkins / Adore
[209] The Future Sound Of London / Lifeforms
[210] Animal Collective / Sung Tongs
[211] Coldplay / A Rush of Blood to the Head
[212] The Fall / Grotesque (After the Gramme)
[213] Led Zeppelin / Physical Graffiti
[214] David Bowie / "Heroes"
[215] The Who / Live at Leeds
[216] Miles Davis / Bitches Brew
[217] Neil Young / Rust Never Sleeps
[218] Led Zeppelin / Houses of the Holy
[219] Pink Floyd / The Wall
[220] Led Zeppelin / Led Zeppelin II
[221] Pixies / Bossanova
[222] Neil Young / Tonight's the Night
[223] Squarepusher / Ultravisitor
[224] Miles Davis / Sketches of Spain
[225] Wire / Chairs Missing
[226] Bonnie "Prince" Billy / I See a Darkness
[227] Neil Young / Harvest
[228] The Boredoms / Super Æ
[229] Sly and the Family Stone / There's a Riot Goin' On
[230] The Velvet Underground / Loaded
[231] Kate Bush / Hounds of Love
[232] Super Furry Animals / Phantom Power
[233] Kraftwerk / Trans-Europe Express
[234] Nirvana / Unplugged in New York
[235] Belle and Sebastian / Tigermilk
[236] M83 / Dead Cities, Red Seas and Lost Ghosts
[237] Pere Ubu / The Modern Dance
[238] The Strokes / Room on Fire
[239] Divine Comedy / Casanova
[240] Squarepusher / Music Is Rotted One Note
[241] Guns N' Roses / Appetite for Destruction
[242] Talking Heads / Talking Heads 77
[243] Beastie Boys / Paul's Boutique
[244] Faust / Faust
[245] David Bowie / Diamond Dogs
[246] Tom Waits / Bone Machine
[247] Faust / Faust IV
[248] Sonic Youth / Washing Machine
[249] Interpol / Antics
[250] Stevie Wonder / Songs in the Key of Life
[251] Serge Gainsbourg / Histoire de Melody Nelson
[252] The Minutemen / Double Nickels On The Dime
[253] Doves / The Last Broadcast
[254] Michael Jackson / Thriller
[255] Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds / Tender Prey
[256] Pere Ubu / Dub Housing
[257] Tom Waits / Swordfishtrombones
[258] Cannibal Ox / The Cold Vein
[259] Daft Punk / Homework
[260] The Rolling Stones / Beggars Banquet
[261] Madvillain / Madvillainy
[262] Led Zeppelin / Led Zeppelin
[263] Underworld / Dubnobasswithmyheadman
[264] OutKast / Speakerboxxx/The Love Below
[265] Frank Zappa / Hot Rats
[266] The Go! Team / Thunder, Lightning, Strike
[267] T. Rex / Electric Warrior
[268] Depeche Mode / Violator
[269] Nick Drake / Bryter Layter
[270] Johnny Cash / At Folsom Prison
[271] Orbital / In Sides
[272] Neu! / Neu! 75
[273] David Bowie / Scary Monsters
[274] Blondie / Parallel Lines
[275] Beck / Sea Change
[276] Bark Psychosis / Hex
[277] Neil Young / Everybody Knows This is Nowhere
[278] John Lennon / Plastic Ono Band
[279] Brian Eno / Ambient 1: Music for Airports
[280] Led Zeppelin / Led Zeppelin III
[281] U2 / War
[282] Blur / Think Tank
[283] Franz Ferdinand / Franz Ferdinand
[284] The Doors / The Doors
[285] Prince / Sign 'O' the Times
[286] Dizzee Rascal / Boy in Da Corner
[287] At the Drive-In / Relationship of Command
[288] Pan Sonic / Kesto (234.48:4)
[289] Björk / Vespertine
[290] Boards of Canada / Geogaddi
[291] Lightning Bolt / Wonderful Rainbow
[292] Sonic Youth / Goo
[293] Aphex Twin / I Care Because You Do
[294] The Modern Lovers / The Modern Lovers
[295] Prince and the Revolution / Purple Rain
[296] Four Tet / Rounds
[297] Gang of Four / Solid Gold
[298] The White Stripes / White Blood Cells
[299] Ulrich Schnauss / A Strangely Isolated Place
[300] Slowdive / Pygmalion [9 votes; 1,094 points]

[301] Talking Heads / More Songs About Buildings and Food
[302] Aesop Rock / Labor Days
[303] Red Hot Chili Peppers / Blood Sugar Sex Magik
[304] Stereolab / Emperor Tomato Ketchup
[305] Pavement / Wowee Zowee
[306] Divine Comedy / Promenade
[307] Cinematic Orchestra / Every Day
[308] R.E.M. / Reckoning
[309] The Who / The Who Sell Out
[310] Disco Inferno / D.I. Go Pop
[311] The Boredoms / Vision Creation Newsun
[312] The Flaming Lips / Transmissions from the Satellite Heart
[313] Big Black / Songs About Fucking
[314] Blur / The Great Escape
[315] Dinosaur Jr. / You're Living All over Me
[316] The Streets / Original Pirate Material
[317] Manitoba / Up in Flames
[318] Elliott Smith / XO
[319] The MC5 / Kick Out the Jams
[320] The Prodigy / Music for the Jilted Generation
[321] Kraftwerk / Autobahn
[322] Michael Jackson / Off the Wall
[323] The Stooges / The Stooges
[324] OutKast / Stankonia
[325] Eric B and Rakim / Paid in Full
[326] Simon and Garfunkel / Bridge Over Troubled Water
[327] Fleetwood Mac / Rumours
[328] Ride / Nowhere
[329] Stevie Wonder / Talking Book
[330] Funkadelic / One Nation Under a Groove
[331] XTC / Skylarking
[332] The Divine Comedy / Absent Friends
[333] The Pop Group / Y
[334] Supergrass / In It for the Money
[335] Queens of the Stone Age / Songs for the Deaf
[336] Gram Parsons / Grievous Angel
[337] Deftones / White Pony
[338] The Notwist / Neon Golden
[339] The Beatles / A Hard Day's Night
[340] R.E.M. / Lifes Rich Pageant
[341] Aphex Twin / Drukqs
[342] The Beach Boys / Surf's Up
[343] Cortijo and His Time Machine / Cortijo and His Time Machine
[344] The Streets / A Grand Don't Come for Free
[345] Daft Punk / Discovery
[346] The Beach Boys / The Beach Boys Today!
[347] Beck / Midnite Vultures
[348] Portishead / Portishead
[349] Eels / Daisies of the Galaxy
[350] Elvis Costello / My Aim is True
[351] Polmo Polpo / Like Hearts Swelling
[352] The Who / Tommy
[353] Wilco / A Ghost is Born
[354] David Bowie / Aladdin Sane
[355] The Roots / Things Fall Apart
[356] Beck / Mutations
[357] Pavement / Brighten the Corners
[358] Tortoise / Millions Now Living Will Never Die
[359] Bloc Party / Silent Alarm
[360] Autechre / Amber
[361] Air / Talkie Walkie
[362] Bruce Springsteen / Nebraska
[363] The Decemberists / Her Majesty, The Decemberists
[364] The Notorious B.I.G. / Ready to Die
[365] Sonic Youth / Murray Street
[366] Genesis / The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
[367] Red Hot Chili Peppers / By the Way
[368] The Ramones / Rocket to Russia
[369] Brian Eno / Ambient 4: On Land
[370] Björk / Medulla
[371] Animal Collective / Here Comes the Indian
[372] Doves / Lost Souls
[373] Dusty Springfield / Dusty in Memphis
[374] Chapterhouse / Whirlpool
[375] Tom Waits / Real Gone
[376] The Beatles / Help!
[377] John Lennon / Imagine
[378] Low / Things We Lost In The Fire
[379] Flying Burrito Brothers / The Gilded Palace of Sin
[380] Rage Against the Machine / Rage Against the Machine
[381] Mercury Rev / All Is Dream
[382] Iggy Pop / Lust for Life
[383] Yo La Tengo / I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One
[384] Modest Mouse / Good News for People Who Love Bad News
[385] Roxy Music / Roxy Music
[386] OutKast / Aquemini
[387] Spiritualized / Let It Come Down
[388] Brian Eno / Before and After Science
[389] The Microphones / The Glow, pt. 2
[390] OutKast / ATLiens
[391] The Allman Brothers Band / At Fillmore East
[392] Elbow / Asleep in the Back
[393] Genesis / Selling England by the Pound
[394] Metallica / Master of Puppets
[395] A Silver Mt. Zion / He Has Left Us Alone...
[396] Simon and Garfunkel / Bookends
[397] The Replacements / Tim
[398] Parliament / Mothership Connection
[399] Beck / Mellow Gold
[400] Cluster / Zuckerzeit [7 votes; 800 points]

[401] Clinic / Internal Wrangler
[402] Morrissey / Your Arsenal
[403] Super Furry Animals / Rings Around The World
[404] Jay-Z / The Blueprint
[405] Bright Eyes / I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning
[406] Ulrich Schnauss / Far Away Trains Passing By
[407] The Jesus Lizard / Goat
[408] Björk / Debut
[409] Funkadelic / Funkadelic
[410] Richard and Linda Thompson / I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight
[411] Verve / A Storm in Heaven
[412] The Replacements / Let It Be
[413] George Harrison / All Things Must Pass
[414] Queens of the Stone Age / Rated R
[415] Underworld / Second Toughest in the Infants
[416] Steve Reich / Music For 18 Musicians
[417] The Mars Volta / De-loused in the Comatorium
[418] Pearl Jam / Ten
[419] Belle and Sebastian / The Boy With The Arab Strap
[420] Yes / Close to the Edge
[421] New Order / Technique
[422] Leonard Cohen / Songs from a Room
[423] The Jam / All Mod Cons
[424] The Shins / Oh, Inverted World
[425] Yes / Fragile
[426] Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention / We're Only In It For The Money
[427] Paul Simon / Graceland
[428] Neil Young / Zuma
[429] Mercury Rev / Boces
[430] Wire / 154
[431] The Rapture / Echoes
[432] Talk Talk / The Colour of Spring
[433] Decemberists / Castaways and Cutouts
[434] The Jimi Hendrix Experience / Axis: Bold as Love
[435] Bright Eyes / Lifted, or the Story is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground
[436] Current 93 / Of Ruine Or Some Blazing Starre
[437] Ornette Coleman / The Shape of Jazz to Come
[438] Tortoise / TNT
[439] Manual / Ascend
[440] Set Fire To Flames / Sings Reign Rebuilder
[441] Teenage Fanclub / Bandwagonesque
[442] King Crimson / Red
[443] The Who / Quadrophenia
[444] The Future Sound of London / Dead Cities
[445] Muse / Origin of Symmetry
[446] Graham Coxon / Happiness in Magazines
[447] Supergrass / I Should Coco
[448] The White Stripes / Elephant
[449] The Olivia Tremor Control / Dusk at Cubist Castle
[450] Mercury Rev / Yerself Is Steam
[451] Suede / Suede
[452] Fugazi / The Argument
[453] Miles Davis / On the Corner
[454] The Incredible String Band / The Hangman's Beautiful Daughter
[455] Foo Fighters / The Colour and the Shape
[456] Current 93 / Soft Black Stars
[457] Autechre / Chiastic Slide
[458] Flipper / Generic Flipper
[459] Mansun / Six
[460] Mu / Afro Finger and Gel
[461] Happy Mondays / Pills 'n' Thrills and Bellyaches
[462] Sufjan Stevens / Greetings from Michigan: The Great Lakes State
[463] Cat Power / The Covers Record
[464] Scott Walker / Scott 3
[465] The Unicorns / Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone?
[466] The Constantines / Shine a Light
[467] Pavement / Terror Twilight
[468] Sparklehorse / It's a Wonderful Life
[469] Tom Waits / The Heart of Saturday Night
[470] Ennio Morricone / The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
[471] Elbow / Cast of Thousands
[472] Hüsker Dü / Zen Arcade
[473] Morrissey / Vauxhall and I
[474] Cinematic Orchestra / The Man with the Movie Camera
[475] Kraftwerk / The Man Machine
[476] Soundgarden / Superunknown
[477] Magnetic Fields / 69 Love Songs
[478] Robert Wyatt / Rock Bottom
[479] Eminem / The Marshall Mathers LP
[480] King Crimson / In the Court of the Crimson King
[481] Echo and the Bunnymen / Ocean Rain
[482] Red Hot Chili Peppers / Californication
[483] The Band / Music from Big Pink
[484] Tim Buckley / Happy Sad
[485] A Silver Mt. Zion / Born Into Trouble As The Sparks Fly Upwards
[486] Godspeed You! Black Emperor / Yanqui U.X.O.
[487] Super Furry Animals / Mwng
[488] Black Star / Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Black Star
[489] Roxy Music / Country Life
[490] Joni Mitchell / Court and Spark
[491] Tim Buckley / Starsailor
[492] The Dead Kennedys / Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables
[493] The Divine Comedy / A Short Album About Love
[494] Eric Dolphy / Out to Lunch
[495] Devendra Banhart / Rejoicing in the Hands
[496] Black Dice / Beaches and Canyons
[497] Cat Power / You Are Free
[498] The Ramones / Ramones
[499] The Byrds / Sweetheart of the Rodeo
[500] The Beatles / Let It Be [6 votes; 631 points]

I've got some album polls, that are not featured on this site. I thought I'd just post them on.

ROCK'S 30 GREATEST CONCEPT ALBUMS
Taken from 'Classic Rock' magazine (Issue 51, March 2003)

1) PINK FLOYD Dark side of the moon (1973)
2) QUEENSRYCHE Operation: Mindcrime (1988)
3) THE WHO Tommy (1969)
4) MARILLION Misplaced childhood (1985)
5) MARILYN MANSON Antichrist superstar (1996)
6) GENESIS The lamb lies down on Broadway (1974)
7) YES Tales from Topographic oceans (1973)
8) DAVID BOWIE The rise and fall of Ziggy Stardust and the spiders from Mars (1972)
9) RUSH 2112 (1976)
10) PINK FLOYD The Wall (1979)

11) JETHRO TULL Thick as a brick (1972)
12) THE WHO Quadrophenia (1973)
13) NINE INCH NAILS The downward spiral (1994)
14) GENESIS Duke (1980)
15) DREAM THEATER Metropolis pt.2: Scenes from a memory (1999)
16) ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Tales of mystery and imagination (1975)
17) RADIOHEAD OK computer (1997)
18) THE KINKS The Kinks are the Village green preservation society (1968)
19) RUSH Hemispheres (1978)
20) FRANK ZAPPA Joe's garage (1979)

21) PINK FLOYD The final cut (1983)
22) THE PRETTY THINGS S.F. Sorrow (1968)
23) MARILLION Brave (1994)
24) ROGER WATERS Radio K.A.O.S. (1987)
25) RICK WAKEMAN Journey to the centre of the earth (1974)
26) FEAR FACTORY Obsolete (1998)
27) GENTLE GIANT Three friends (1972)
28) STYX Kilroy was here (1983)
29) SPOCKS BEARD Snow (2002)
30) IRON MAIDEN Seventh son of a seventh son (1988)

THE 20 GREATEST GUITAR ALBUMS As voted by the MOJO writers
(featured as a companion booklet for Issue 117 of MOJO magazine from August 2003)

1) THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE Are you experienced? (1967)
2) THE WHO My generation (1965)
3) HOWLIN' WOLF Howlin' Wolf (1962)
4) FUNKADELIC Maggot Brain (1971)
5) MY BLOODY VALENTINE Loveless (1991)
6) RADIOHEAD The Bends (1995)
7) RAMONES Ramones (1976)
8) CHARLIE CHRISTAIN Genius of the electric guitar (1939)
9) SNOOKS EAGLIN New Orleans street singer (1958)
10) JOHNNY BURNETTE & THE ROCK'N'ROLL TRIO The Rock'n'roll trio (1956)

11) THE ROLLING STONES Exile on main street (1972)
12) CHUCK BERRY Chuck Berry is on top (1959)
13) THE BYRDS Mr Tambourine man (1965)
14) RICHARD THOMPSON Henry the human fly (1972)
15) WES MONTGOMERY Incredible Jazz guitar (1960)
16) ELVIS PRESLEY Elvis Presley (1956)
17) LINK WRAY Link Wray and the Wraymen (1960)
18) MUDDY WATERS The best of Muddy Waters (1959)
19) BLACK SABBATH Paranoid (1970)
20) SISTER ROSETTA THARPE The original soul sister (1938)

40 COSMIC ROCKS ALBUMS
Taken from Pink Floyd & the story of Prog rock. An exclusive book from Q magazine (released July 15th 2005)

1) PINK FLOYD Dark side of the moon (1973)
2) GENESIS Foxtrot (1972)
3) YES Close to the edge (1972)
4) KING CRIMSON In the court of the Crimson King (1969)
5) EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER Brain salad surgery (1973)
6) RUSH A farwell to kings (1977)
7) JETHRO TULL Aqualung (1971)
8) HAWKWIND Space ritual (1973)
9) MIKE OLDFIELD Tubular Bells (1973)
10) RADIOHEAD OK computer (1997)

11) PINK FLOYD Wish you were here (1975)
12) YES The Yes album (1975)
13) FRANK ZAPPA Hot rats (1969)
14) GENESIS The lamb lies down on Broadway (1974)
15) VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR The least we can do is wave to each other (1970)
16) GENTLE GIANT Octopus (1973)
17) MARILLION Misplaced childhood (1985)
18) THE MARS VOLTA Frances the Mute (2005)
19) CARAVAN In the land of grey and pink (1971)
20) SOFT MACHINE Third (1970)

21) TOOL Lateralus (2001)
22) KING CRIMSON Lark's tongues in aspic (1973)
23) CAMEL Moonmadness (1976)
24) FOCUS Moving waves (1971)
25) QUEEN A night at the opera (1975)
26) PAVLOV'S DOG Pampered menial (1975)
27) SIGUR ROS Agaetis byrjun (1999)
28) STEVE HILLAGE L (1976)
29) THE NICE Five bridges (1970)
30) FAMILY Music in a doll's house (1968)

31) ROXY MUSIC Roxy Music (1972)
32) GOLDEN EARRING Moontan (1973)
33) ARGENT All together now (1973)
34) HATFIELD AND THE NORTH Hatfield and the north (1974)
35) GONG Flying teapot: Radio Gnome invisible part 1 (1973)
36) AMON DUUL II Tanz der Lemminge (1971)
37) THE MOODY BLUES In search of the lost chord (1968)
38) TANGERINE DREAM Phaedra (1974)
39) BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST Once again (1971)
40) APHRODITE'S CHILD 666 (1972)

Thanks Dexternico!

Would a genre-specific list from a genre-specific website that is formulated through genre-knowledgable readers votes count on this website? For example, this prog-rock website's list:

http://www.progarchives.com/top-prog-albums.asp

Here is a list of the best Norwegian songs since 1980, voted by readers of Norwegian mag Spirit and Norwegian radio listeners.

Not a lot of relevant songs for non-Norwegians here, but thought it would be fun to post it anyway:

1. Jokke & Valentinerne: To fulle menn
2. Dumdum Boys: Splitter pine
3. Turboneger: Get It On
4. Jokke & Valentinerne: Her kommer vinteren
5. a-ha: Take On Me
6. Turboneger: The Age Of Pamparius
7. Seigmen: Metropolis
8. Jokke & Valentinerne: Sola skinner
9. Raga Rockers: Noen å hate
10. Turboneger: I Got Erection
11. Motorpsycho: The Nerve Tattoo
12. Madrugada: Majesty
13. BigBang: Wild Bird
14. TNT: 10.000 Lovers
15. Kaizers Orchestra: Ompa til du dør
16. Marius Müller: Den du veit
17. Raga Rockers: Hun er fri
18. De Lillos: Kokken Tor
19. Jokke & Valentinerne: Jeg er redd
20. Dumdum Boys: Tyven
21. Dumdum Boys: Englefjes
22. Dumdum Boys: En vill en
23. a-ha: The Sun Always Shines On TV
24. Thomas Dybdahl: From Grace
25. Stage Dolls: Soldier?s Gun
26. De Lillos: Min beibi dro avsted
27. a-ha: Hunting High And Low
28. Raga Rockers: Slakt
29. BigBang: Girl In Oslo
30. Motorpsycho: Nothing To Say
31. Åge Aleksandersen: Levva livet
32. CC Cowboys: Harry
33. Madrugada: The Kids Are On High Street
34. Tommy Tee: Takin’ Ova
35. Raga Rockers: Fritt liv
36. a-ha: I’ve Been Losing You
37. Jaa9 & Onkl P: Hvem faen
38. Gluecifer: Easy Living
39. De Lillos: Neste sommer
40. The National Bank: Tolerate
41. Satyricon: Fuel For Hatred
42. Savoy: Velvet
43. De Lillos: Tøff i pyjamas
44. Kings Of Convenience: I’d Rather Dance
45. Röyksopp: Eple
46. Gåte: Sjå attende
47. Ralph Myerz & The Jack Herren Band: Nikita
48. The Kids: Forelska i lærer’n
49. a-ha: Stay On These Roads
50. Knutsen & Ludvigsen: Dum og deilig
51. Barbie Bones: Captain Nemo
52. Morten Abel + Prepple Houmb: Hodet over vannet
53. Ane Brun: My Lover Will Go
54. Warlocks: Flashbacks
55. Ephemera: Girls Keep Secrets In The Strangest Ways
56. Kings Of Convenience: Toxic Girl
57. The September When: Bullet Me
58. Tungtvann: Ubudne gjæsta
59. Racer: Bønda fra nord
60. Kåre & The Cavemen: Filadelfia
61. Lene Marlin: Unforgiveable Sinner
62. Motorpsycho: Slow Phase Out
63. Magnet: Where Happiness Lives
64. Morten Harket: A Kind Of Christmas Card
65. The Margarets: Alain Delon
66. Röyksopp: Poor Leno
67. Philip + Sandra: Sommerflørt
68. Paperboys: Barcelona
69. Bel Canto: Shimmering
70. Jim Stärk: Morning Song
71. Briskeby: Propaganda
72. Kjøtt: Jeg gleder meg til år 2000
73. Morten Abel: Tulipz
74. Karin Park: Superworldunknown
75. Röyksopp: Only This Moment
76. De Press: Kalhoz
77. Morten Abel: I’ll Come Back And Love You Forever
78. Euroboys: One Way Street
79. Annie: The Greatest Hit
80. Beranek: Dra til hælvete
81. Bertine Zetlitz: Adore Me
82. Röyksopp: So Easy
83. Kung Fu Girls: Maria Is Beautiful
84. Equicez: Barnslig
85. Folk & Røvere: Utadæsjælopplevelse
86. Equicez: Live From Pass It
87. Sondre Lerche: You Know So Well
88. Fra Lippo Lippi: Shouldn’t Have To Be Like That
89. M2M: Don’t Say You Love Me
90. Bel Canto: Rumour
91. Maria Mena: You’re The Only One
92. Biosphere: Novelty Waves
93. Rune Lindbæk: OK
94. Jannicke: Svake mennesker
95. Frost: Endless Love (Røyksopp remiks)
96. Moonflowers: Where Are You?
97. Anneli Drecker: All I Know
98. Erot: Song For Annie
99. Bertine Zetlitz: Girl Like You
100. Ravi: E-Ore

No Innocent Bystanders: Not the Best Albums of 2004

Interesting little blurb about lists in general at http://www.noinnocentbystanders.com/story/2004/12/14/154357/33

Do these lists meet the requirements?

http://home.rhein-zeitung.de/~tommi.s/rs500.htm

Angel,. those German ROLLING STONE lists from last year have already been included on Acclaimed Music.

To let everyone know, STYLUS is going a 100 Videos of All-Time list. So far they have announced 100-61.

I think Time Magazine's Century issue should be included. It's the June, 8th, 1998 issue - "Artists and Entertainers of The Century".

It listed five rock songs. Only five. One for each decade of the fifties through the nineties. They are:

50s: "Roll Over, Beethoven" - Chuck Berry
60s: "My Generation" - The Who
70s: "Stayin' Alive" - The Bee Gees
80s: "Material Girl" - Madonna
90s: "Smells Like Teen Spirit" - Nirvana

Are the lists of nothing but Beatles songs included in determining the rankings? For example, "All You Need is Love" is only on two non-exclusive lists: The 7,500 Most Important Songs of 1944-2000 (2005) and Rolling Stone (USA) - The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time (2004). The other four lists are lists of nothing but Beatles songs.

By contrast, "Pictures of Lilly", for example, is on four non-exclusive lists: The 7,500 Most Important Songs of 1944-2000 (2005), New Musical Express (UK) - The Top 100 Singles of All Time (1976), Q (UK) - The 1001 Best Songs Ever (2003) and Spex (Germany) - The Best Singles of the Century (1999). None of those lists are lists of nothing but Who songs.

Yet, "All You Need is Love" is ranked at #1048 while "Pictures of Lilly" is ranked at #1473. This makes no sense to me. Can someone please explain the logic?

Are the lists of nothing but Beatles songs included in determining the rankings?
Yes

For example, "All You Need is Love" is only on two non-exclusive lists: The 7,500 Most Important Songs of 1944-2000 (2005) and Rolling Stone (USA) - The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time (2004). The other four lists are lists of nothing but Beatles songs.

By contrast, "Pictures of Lilly", for example, is on four non-exclusive lists: The 7,500 Most Important Songs of 1944-2000 (2005), New Musical Express (UK) - The Top 100 Singles of All Time (1976), Q (UK) - The 1001 Best Songs Ever (2003) and Spex (Germany) - The Best Singles of the Century (1999). None of those lists are lists of nothing but Who songs.

Yet, "All You Need is Love" is ranked at #1048 while "Pictures of Lilly" is ranked at #1473. This makes no sense to me. Can someone please explain the logic?

1. "All You Need Is Love" is included on Rolling Stone's 500 greatest songs, which has a high weight. "Pictures of Lily" is included on lists with lower weights, except for the NME list from 1976.

2. Based on not-Beatles-only lists alone, "Pictures of Lily" would be ahead of "All You Need Is Love", but "All You Need Is Love" has been ranked higher in the Beatles lists than most other Beatles songs with only two not-Beatles-only entries, and this moves the song up the AM list.

Other Beatles songs are found further down the AM list as they haven't been included in many Beatles-only lists. For example "Twist and Shout", which is at no. 1946 although it appears on three not-Beatles-only lists.

Huh, in that case, I have a 50 Best Rolling Stones Songs list from The New Book of Rock Lists, edited by Dave Marsh, and a 25 Best Who Songs list from Q Magazine. Would you like them?

why are lists of songs by the same artist counted? they can't be compared to songs by other artists at that point, so it seems odd.

I think it's very odd, myself. Adding lists of nothing but Beatles songs makes it seem like the Beatles are getting an unfair advantage. But if he thinks it's legitimate for the Beatles, then it should be legitimate for the Rolling Stones and The Who, too. I offered two lists from reputable published sources, but he has yet to acknowledge me.

Sorry Tim, I didn't see your previous reply.

I have had a discussion before about Dave Marsh's book of rock lists. There are a lot of lists in that book that could be included. In fact they are too many to deal with, and rather than including one or two lists from the book, I leave it out completely.

Also, I wrote further up in this thread (posted March 10, 2005):
A small update to the exclusion criteria:

* genre-specific lists from non-genre specific sources OR INDIVIDUAL CRITICS
* lists of artists

I think artist-specific lists should also fall under the genre-specific rule that I will not include individual critics lists. Although I will probably include an artist-specific list if someone writes a book entirely devoted to this matter.

Adding lists of nothing but Beatles songs makes it seem like the Beatles are getting an unfair advantage.
Nothing-but-Beatles lists only adjust the Beatles-songs' positions. Some move up and others move down. They do not give Beatles an advantage.

"Adding lists of nothing but Beatles songs makes it seem like the Beatles are getting an unfair advantage.
Nothing-but-Beatles lists only adjust the Beatles-songs' positions. Some move up and others move down. They do not give Beatles an advantage."

But still they get points don't they? It seems to me that older releases, especially popular ones will always stay on top because of artist specific lists and that a lot of the songs will always be acclaimed "just because". Does a new release have any chance of cracking the top 50? Maybe, since everyone puts out lists these days, but if the older music keeps showing up on those lists do new albums and songs really stand a chance of catching up? I guess there are a lot of 90's albums in the top 50 so maybe acclaim is gradual. But, why can't critics realize a great album when they hear it and realize the influence it will have? It shouldn't take 10 years to realize the brilliance of an album... but then again you get the Arctic Monkeys debut being ranked as one of the greatest albums of all time by some, so maybe 10 years is a deserved digestion time!

Hi Henrik -
Interesting list and I know that much time & effort goes into something like this.
I've had this thought of the most underrated songs of all time.
Here's a quick sample:
What Cha Gonna Do - Chaka Khan
Seven Years of Good Luck - Joe Sample
Real Thing - Bobby Caldwell
I Want You - Marvin Gaye
Never Gonna Give You Up - Jerry Butler
The Caves Of Altamira - Steely Dan
Since You've Been Gone - Aretha Franklin
Night and Day - Frank Sinatra
It Keeps You Runnin' - Doobie Brothers
Big Noise New York - Donald Fagen
If You Don't Want My Love - Robert John
Circle of One - Oleta Adams
Beggin' - 4 Seasons
Black Cow - Steely Dan
Yellow Moon - Neville Brothers
Giant Steps - John Coltrane
A Girl Like You - Rascals
Don't Do It - The Band (from Rock of Ages album)
Don't Keep Me Wonderin' - Allman Brothers
Please Let Me Wonder - Beach Boys
God Bless The Child - Blood, Sweat & Tears
Walk Away From Love- David Ruffin

New lists

I'm not quite sure where to post those, so I'm just gonna post them in here:

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/pauldrach/basis_diskothek_rock_und_pop

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/pauldrach/rororo_rock_lexikon

pauldrach, great books! Is the rororo list some kind of "most recommended" list? If so, I think both books can be included at AM.

Yes, it is a "most recommended" list.

Great! Thanks!

Henrik
Because of time limitations, I cannot include all critics lists in the world. I have to prioritise and therefore I have set up some rules. The following types of lists are not included in the calculation of Acclaimed Music's top 2000 albums and singles of all time.

Henrik,

I just discovered your site, in the process of researching a book, and it has been fabulously informative! Many thanks,

There is one list I've used for reference which I haven't seen mentioned, either in the official lists or this "don't meet criteria" forum, but which seems to me like it would be well worth using: The
Jun 25th, 2009 - 9:18 PM

Henrik
Because of time limitations, I cannot include all critics lists in the world. I have to prioritise and therefore I have set up some rules. The following types of lists are not included in the calculation of Acclaimed Music's top 2000 albums and singles of all time.

Henrik,

I just discovered your site, in the process of researching a book, and it has been fabulously informative! Many thanks,

There is one list I've used for reference which I haven't seen mentioned, either in the official lists or this "don't meet criteria" forum, but which seems to me like it would be well worth using: The National Recording Registry of the Library of Congress.

Freddy, the first selections from 2002 are included, but I wasn't aware of the later selections. So thanks for noticing me!

What makes a someone a music critic? Do they have to write a book? For example, I just found this list http://www.squidoo.com/200songs
Is that a critic's list? He took the time to rank the songs.
Also, let's say rolling stone revisted their greatest songs list (not just add in songs like they did, but actually have new voters vote on a new list completly). Would you rank both lists of just the new one?

Hands down, this is one of the best music ranking sites I have ever come across. Keep up the superb work here at Acclaimed Music.

I have a question about an album list I recently discovered. I'm not sure if it meets your criteria. It is entitled, "1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die" - edited by Robert Dimery and published by Quintessence Editions Ltd. This album list currently draws from the 1955 - 2009 time-frame. You can see this diverse list for yourself at: http://1001beforeyoudie.com

Just click on view albums list and sort it by release date. Enjoy!

Ryan, this list is already included. I'm glad you like the site.

Thanks for the update. I had a feeling that you included it, but wasn't sure. If you ever need any help with anything on here, I would volunteer myself for this cause. Great stuff!

Ryan, perhaps you want to be the first true newcomer to play the "welcome to newcomers" game?

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3172289350&frmid=10&msgid=1141000&cmd=show

I would love to play this game. Although, I have to say that I haven't even begun to officially rank my all-time favorite albums. I listen to music from every era and (nearly) every genre / sub-genre. Should I give it a go anyways? Or should I do my list from a specific year or genre? (:

Ryan
I would love to play this game. Although, I have to say that I haven't even begun to officially rank my all-time favorite albums. I listen to music from every era and (nearly) every genre / sub-genre. Should I give it a go anyways? Or should I do my list from a specific year or genre? (:
Whatever feels best for you.

Question...

Henrik- hope all is well. :)

Obviously reader/listener lists are not part of the site. What about lists that incorporate readers/listeners, but also with the input of editors and writers. I came across this Gibson.com 80s list. While it says "most importantly- readers"- which probably is to make readers feel "special"- you can compare the final list with the readers' top 25:

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/top-songs-80s-0815-2011/

Doesn't look like reader input was that strong- I count 11 of the readers' top 25 that ended up in the top 50 (with only four songs appearing in both top 20 lists). But, I'll leave it to your further examination. :)

And, yes, I obviously think it's very cool that a guitar-oriented company/site would have two Madonna songs in a top 50.

Re: Question...

JR
Henrik- hope all is well. :)

Obviously reader/listener lists are not part of the site. What about lists that incorporate readers/listeners, but also with the input of editors and writers. I came across this Gibson.com 80s list. While it says "most importantly- readers"- which probably is to make readers feel "special"- you can compare the final list with the readers' top 25:

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/top-songs-80s-0815-2011/

Doesn't look like reader input was that strong- I count 11 of the readers' top 25 that ended up in the top 50 (with only four songs appearing in both top 20 lists). But, I'll leave it to your further examination. :)

And, yes, I obviously think it's very cool that a guitar-oriented company/site would have two Madonna songs in a top 50.
I don't think I have ever included a list before where they state that the readers poll was reflected in the overall list, so I think I will have to deem this one ineligible. Sorry, JR.

How about the VH1 decade lists such as the 2000's as provided at http://www.gossipcop.com/vh1-100-greatest-songs-2000s-full-list-complete-rankings/

Henry
How about the VH1 decade lists such as the 2000's as provided at http://www.gossipcop.com/vh1-100-greatest-songs-2000s-full-list-complete-rankings/
I really hope that list isn't eligible (for obvious reasons). I managed to watch a little of it yesterday (and I ended up heckling the commentators on the TV), and a lot fo the commentators (who I think were also the voters) were non-critics like people from Jersey Shore, Mob Wives and comedians.

How about the following lists from Rolling Stone Magazine for 2011:

Top 50 songs:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/50-best-singles-of-2011-20111207?utm_source=dailynewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter

and

Top 50 albums
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/50-best-albums-of-2011-20111207?utm_source=dailynewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter

Can this list be used? I see that Christgau's best of the 70s and 80s have been used...

http://www.robertchristgau.com/xg/list/rs00.php

I respect people like you so much! Wish you all the best

Black magic removal in Fremont

Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog.Extremely useful information.Thank you and best of luck.

Black magic spells love

“Really Thanks for the article.! Fantastic
White magic love spell

A couple of those would definitely appear on my list but a few I also just consider good songs, like Pardon Me. I suppose anything associated with that late 90s post-post grunge area would potentially be considered embarrassing.

Vashikaran Specialist Near me

Nice Info.....black magic removal specialist

I think spoken introductions and audience noise shouldn't be a problem, because they aren't part of the composition.

Voodoo priest in Atlanta

It is really nice post.... some helpful information in your blog

How to cast spells

Truly admire your efforts , thanks for sharing this amazing list.
aghori tantrik in ujjain

this post is very interesting . and very useful all of us. vashikaran symptoms

Great Post. your blog is very informative information share
Breaking a curse

Excellent effort to make this thread more wonderful and attractive
Best Black Magic Specialist in India

I really like your article. It’s evident that you have a lot of knowledge on this topic. Your points are well made and relatable..
Best Black Magic Specialist in Bhopal

Thanks for sharing such a good thought, piece of writing is nice.
how to remove curse of vanishing

I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post.
Dua to remove jinn

Very Nice Work Keep It up And I love this Post evil eye symptoms in baby

Great Information sharing . I am very happy to read this article .
How to cast a spell on someone for revenge

Thanks for the best blog. it was very useful for me.keep sharing such ideas in the future as well.

istikhara dua for love marriage

I like write up very much. I bookmarked it will revisit this website. It was also excellent like it. dua to make someone love you madly

I have read your posts and the article has good and very useful content. Thank you for sharing.
How to take revenge on your ex

Thanks a lot for sharing a piece of wonderful information. This is really an amazing article. Keep it up posting.
voodoo spells to hurt someone

This kind of music looks like it's surely exceptional. These kind of small facts are developed employing big selection . best tantrik in Bengaluru

It is a really useful and knowledgeable post. Thanks for sharing .
Vinegar spells for enemies

I needed to thank you for this excellent info. I certainly enjoyed every bit of it.
best tantrik in Hyderabad

I have read your article couple of times because your views are on my own for the most part. It is great content for every reader. surah to get love back

Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.

Full moon love spell no ingredients

This post is really informative . i am searching it thanks for posting such knowledgeable topic. surah taha for marriage

i have read this topic many times thanks for sharing . Flats and Apartments To Rent in UK

Excellent article plus its information and I positively bookmark to this site because here I always get an amazing knowledge as I expect. Spell To Make Someone Love You Deeply Without Ingredients

Henrik

* genre-specific lists from non-genre specific sources
* lists of artists

However, I will create a new page on the site, with lists that didn't meet the criteria for inclusion. I thought that maybe you would like to help me get going with this, by adding lists here. Please list here any lists you think should be mentioned.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Henrik
i love listen music . thanks for creating such types of post . Dua to make someone fall in love with you

Thanks for the best blog. it was very useful for me.keep sharing such ideas in the future as well

Dua to make someone love you

I think this web site contains some really superb info for us.I just stumbled upon this site. Keep up the good writing.
make him love me spell

Thank You For This Information… Nice Blog..You are Awesome. best tantrik in Coimbatore

Thank you for helping people get the information they need. spell to make him want me

There are so many places where I write weird information no matter what I search these days, but you have all the information I'm looking for, so I'll visit often again. Thank you.메이저안전놀이터

Thank you for sharing your details and experience. I think it very good for me. spell to make someone do what you want

Interesting. It's cool to included artists songs list but I think benefits mostly anglo artists.

naam se vashikaran

I expect an answer about this, I bring more proof it could be eligible.. sihr of separation cure

Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share... Marriage spell

Very Nice Blog Thanks for sharing This Useful information. aghori baba contact number

You re in point of fact a just right webmaster...

spell for love marriage

that is amazing to see such informative and interesting article . पति पत्नी को अलग करने की विधि

I believe I already pointed Shane to this but it looks like it hasn't been added yet:

love spells for marriage

This is truly an practical and pleasant information for all. Mohini vashikaran mantra for boyfriend

Thanks for sharing informative blog with us!!! best tantrik in Bhubaneshwar

thanks for taking time to sharing such valuable post with us . Mayong tantrik contact number

I read this article. I think You put a lot of effort to make this article. I like your work Easy break up spells

Very good article, Its really wonderful post, Thanks for sharing with us.

Make someone call you spell

i am searching it after along time thanks you have take time and shared this with us . kamakhya aghori baba contact number

I am glad to read this informative blog!! wazifa for love on photo

1 2 3