The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The 2011 Year-End Songs Poll - Final Stage

No, Dan, I specifically gave those the minimum number of points possible because I don't want to be unfair to the songs I haven't heard.

If I could I would have just given those 5 30 points and not touched anything else.

^ You are messing with me a little, mister. First you submit your list late and not by email, as requested. And then you are also the only one who doesn't stick to the rule of distributing 300 points among 30 songs or 200 points among 20 songs. But I don't want to drag this out any longer, so I'll change your scores back to the way you originally posted it, change my presentation accordingly and hopefully start with the countdown soon.

Sorry to interfere, BillAdama and Dan, but how about this:

25p to the top 5 and 3p to the other 25
25*5+25*3=200

That's an alternative 200 points ballot, a more modest approach which is what BillAdama was going after I think.

Henrik
Sorry to interfere, BillAdama and Dan, but how about this:

25p to the top 5 and 3p to the other 25
25*5+25*3=200

That's an alternative 200 points ballot, a more modest approach which is what BillAdama was going after I think.

That seems reasonable to me, but I'll wait to hear what BillAdama thinks as this will have an effect on the overall results.

I don't think you need to wait, Dan. He is probably asleep and I don't think anyone (including Bill) would like to postpone the results because of this.

You can always blame me if someone objects.

Henrik
I don't think you need to wait, Dan. He is probably asleep and I don't think anyone (including Bill) would like to postpone the results because of this.

You can always blame me if someone objects.

OK then. I'll start the countdown in a few minutes.

Sounds good. Sorry I didn't submit them by email, I pissed that line in the original post.