The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Recommendation Thread: The Best Albums and Songs of the 90s

Well, it seems you're right, I always though it was released in 1990 but it's not. But I'm not sure if it was released on 1988 or 1989. According to Rateyourmusic it was released in 1988 but according to Goran official page it was released in 1989. Giving the fact that the movie was premiered on December 21, 1988 both dates are possible. The thing that confused me is that the album Le temps des gitans released in 1990 was in fact a compilation with 8 of the 10 songs of the original soundtrack plus 2 other songs from the soundtrack of the movie "Kuduz".

For how popularish the Modern Lovers are it always surprises me how unknown Jonathan Richman's solo work is despite it being pretty much a continuation of the Lovers a decade later. I think my favorite album of his (including all Modern Lovers albums) is Jonathan Goes Country, eligible in 1990. Here are a couple tracks...

Since She Started To Ride

The Neighbors

Pascal Comelade: 4 roses pour Marie

From the album Cent regards

"Pascal Paul Vincent Comelade (born June 30, 1955), is a French Catalan musician. Comelade was born in Montpellier, France. After living for several years in Barcelona, he made his first album, 'Fluences', influenced by electronic music and by the group Heldon. Subsequently, his music has become more acoustic and is characterised by the sounds of toy instruments, used as solo-instruments and as an integral part of the sound of his group, the Bel Canto Orquestra. In 2007 he did a Take-Away Show acoustic video session shot by Vincent Moon. He has collaborated with many singers and musicians from diverse genres of music including Robert Wyatt, Dani, Faust, Christophe Miossec, Toti Soler, Jac Berrocal, Pierre Bastien and P.J. Harvey to mention just a few."
(scribd.com)