The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Albums of 2012

Grimes's Visions might be my new favorite album of year.

Anyone getting a "minimalist Spiritualized" vibe from Gonjasufi?

@HRS

New Anais Mitchell? Sweet. I still haven't looked into her back catalog yet, but I want to.

The new album of "Stuck in the Sound" is good.
Brother :

Pursuit (excellent video

If you like world music, try the El Gusto album. They're a North African Buena Vista Social Club, old musicians (Jewish and Muslims alike). It's a great record. 4 stars

I was a bit disappointed by the Leonard Cohen; this guy is always acclaimed by the critics whatever he does, and here It's decent but I was never impressed. His voice is in a bad shape, but the words and the instrumentation are good. 3.5 stars

I liked First Aid Kit's debut, so I'm gonna try them.

I've also heard a couple tracks by Django Django and Stuck In The Sound + the new Air and they sounded good.

Nicolas, in case Rocky's post didn't scream to you "Nicolas, listen to Bhi Bhiman",

NICOLAS, LISTEN TO BHI BHIMAN! :)

thanks Bill I hadn't seen his post.
I've heard tracks from Cloud Nothing and although it's far from my alley I liked some of it (good guitars). Husker Du then Cloud Nothing, am I becoming a post hardcore fan

About the El Gusto Orchestra of ALgiers, it was produced by Damon Albarn and here's a sample

Edit : Bhi Bhiman sounds great indeed

nicolas

I've heard tracks from Cloud Nothing and although it's far from my alley I liked some of it (good guitars).
I've heard 'Attack on Memory' today and I had exactly the same feeling as you describe here. Nice surprise, actually.