The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Forum Poll: The Best Songs of the 00s Results part 2

Here are the lowest and highest correlations with the overall results, from most unique to clan leader...

Albums poll

0.008 Tim E
0.011 Moonbeam
0.04 Brad
0.10 Miguel
0.15 Greg

0.55 Honorio
0.56 Sonofsamiam (!)
0.57 Harold Wexler
0.61 Nick
0.63 Dan M

Songs poll

0.12 Greg
0.16 John
0.17 Beefsupreme
0.18 Depeche Mode
0.22 Miguel

0.51 Honorio
0.52 Harold Wexler
0.54 Romain
0.55 VanillaFire1000
0.63 Midaso

In conclusion, everyone was at least a little bit more happy than unhappy about the overall lists!

Vanillafire1000
Moonbeam
I'd also put "In the Backseat" and "Rebellion (Lies)" as the 1st and 2nd best on Funeral.

I 100% disagree. I feel that Funeral kinda of falls off after "Wake Up," with the final 3 songs missing something for me. I still won't say they are bad songs, just not as mind-blowing as the "Neighborhood" suite was to me.

Same here. The Neighborhood suite + Wake Up is easily the best part. Rebellion (Lies) is a good song, but overrated as hell.

And btw, totally off topic, but I just listened to Umbrella and I have to say that definitely should have made the cut. Not saying it's one of the very best songs of the decade, but it should have made the top 100 (a hell of a lot better than the Missy songs, at least).

D.A.N.C.E. also should have made it. 2007 was a pretty damn good year for songs.

Petri
Arcade Fire - Wake Up

Biggest fans:
Nassim #1, Jonah #1
, Schwah #2, Petri #5, Evan #6, Jackson #7, Harold Wexler #10

This was actually my #3 (I didn't have two #5's). The score is correct again.

The gap between #5 and #4 was 69,35 points. Only gap between #3 and #2 is bigger.

# 4

OutKast - B.O.B.

Score: 1611 points

Biggest fans:
Schwah #1, sonofsamiam #1, Zorg #2, beefsupreme #2, Dan M #2, Nassim #2, VanillaFire1000 #6, Jackson #6, Nick #8, Harold Wexler #9

Haters:
None

Voters:

Comments:
Close 2nd, might be the most innocuous song ever. I usually put it of the end of my mix when I go running, how heavy your legs can be you can not stop running during those verses (Nassim)

Thrilling rapping and a vigorous fusion of funk, hip-hop beats, metal and electro propel this song forward with the speed and energy of a hurricane. For me, no other song in the 00s felt more alive. (Dan M)

This song takes absolutely no prisoners in its frantic assault. Hot damn! (Moonbeam)

Place in the 2000 poll: 1

Acclaimed Music 2000s rank: 14

AMF poll of 00's rank: 3

No haters in a while now, but I've actually got one left. Anyone else?

Yes, one of these is badly overrated imo.

Henrik
No haters in a while now, but I've actually got one left. Anyone else?

Depeche Mode
Yes, one of these is badly overrated imo.

Actually you hated different songs. And well both of them are in top 2.

# 3

Gnarls Barkley - Crazy

Score: 1628 points

Biggest fans:
Stephan #3, Rocky Raccoon #3, Dan M #4, Henrik #5, VanillaFire1000 #5, Henry #5, Harold Wexler #6, Nick #7, nicolas #9

Haters:
Chris K. #93

Voters:

Comments:
Cee-Lo's vocal acrobatics and the punchy guitar get all the credit, but it is the eerie background vocals that really sell this to me. (Moonbeam)

In a decade where mainstream and indie audiences travelled paths each time more divergent there was a song in the middle of the 00s that appeared to please everyone. It was not exactly pop or rap but it found the link between both styles (soul, you know), it sounded both retro and contemporary (neo-soul, that's it) but it succeeded mainly because it was GREAT. (Honorio)

Place in the 2006 poll: 1

Acclaimed Music 2000s rank: 3

AMF poll of 00's rank: 4

Damn I messed up those predictions.

It's time to reveal the winner of the poll.

# 2

LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends

Score: 1715 points

Biggest fans:
Nick #1, Moonbeam #2, VanillaFire1000 #3, Nassim #3, Chris K. #5, Midaso #6, Zorg #7, Michel #7, Jackson #8, Stephan #9, Jonah #9

Haters:
Henrik #93

Voters:

Comments:
This song hits me like a sustained lightning bolt. I remember the exact moment I first heard it driving to work at a new job to start a new life in a new country, but ever mindful of everything that I had left behind. As time has gone on, I've had less and less opportunity to communicate with (much less see) my loved ones, and I'll be damned if this song doesn't capture that longing ache. (Moonbeam)

Place in the 2007 poll: 1

Acclaimed Music 2000s rank: 9

AMF poll of 00's rank: 1

# 1

OutKast - Hey Ya!

Score: 1763 points

Biggest fans:
Rocky Raccoon #1, beefsupreme #1, Henrik #2, Slick #2, Nick #2, Evan #4, Dan M #8, Henry #10

Haters:
Depeche Mode #94

Voters:

Comments:
This one's going to last forever. #4. (Evan)

I should like this a heck of a lot more than I do. It is wildly vibrant, but my favorite from The Love Below will always be "Prototype". (Moonbeam)

Blender tried to describe "Hey Ya!" like "electro/folk-rock/funk/power pop/hip-hop/neo-soul/kitchen sink rave-up". But the thing it was basically was pure fun. (Honorio)

So overrated, I liked it as a child but now? (Depeche Mode)

Place in the 2003 poll: 1

Acclaimed Music 2000s rank: 1

AMF poll of 00's rank: 2

So that was it.

I want to thank all who participated for the final or any year poll (albums or songs). Big thanks for those who wrote comments. The presentation looks much better with wise words. Also big thanks for people who commented in threads.

Excellent presentation Petri, and great (somewhat unexpected) results!

Great results, generally speaking. I find the song results more interesting because not as much consensus has developed around the songs, so the results are more unpredictable.

The most unpredictable results ever? Nevertheless, I think we are all generally happy with the results. I had a great time following this. Thank you, Petri!

Well, I'm glad somethings on this forum aren't predictable.
Now we enter the 90's poll, where the winners are as predictable as the phases of the moon (Automatic for the People....duh!)

Excellent job Petri. I learn more about my musical preferences with each of the polls and enjoy reading the perspectives of others, especially when I initially don't share the views of the person providing the comment.

Excellent job Petri. I learn more about my musical preferences with each of the polls and enjoy reading the perspectives of others, especially when I initially don't share the views of the person providing the comment.

Nice work as usual. I think this is the first time my No. 1 actually won.

Thanks Petri !

what I love is : nicolas, henrik, honorio, danM with the same #1

Great job, Petri! I really enjoyed this.

Thanks for a great two polls! I think this might be the first time we've gone an entire two polls without an error.

Yeah, Nic & Hon strike again!! And a high correlation with Dan M too!
And a suprising high level of agreement with the overall results for sonofsamiam (even higher than mine!). I don't know how to explain it, I don't know if sonofsamiam got closer to us or it was the rest that followed sonofsamiam.

Honorio, as in previous polls you are my best friend in the albums poll but you betray me and team up with Dan, Nicolas and Harold...

So sorry Henrik, you know I love you

I realised I have also Dropbox (although I never use it).
So here's the results of the final.