The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Discovery

Not a new discovery, but a rediscovery. Amy Rigby's Diary of a Mod Housewife.

An alternative country masterpiece that gave a different insight of the love of mid-90s women. This is in stark contrast to the angst females that ruled the mid 90s. Rigby is witty, honest and playful. There's a strong commitment to the material by her that's is rare to see. She spill her thoughts and deliver them with a incredible amount of conviction. A terrific insight in love, divorce and relationships. This is female psych at its peak and free of any feminism, vagina music tag or Ani DiFranco-isms.

Re: New Discovery

Me again.

I'm not shy to give credit where credit is due.

I'm currently working on my all-time songs list. As usual, I will explore previously posted lists by ALL active AMers (because we are one big fabulous community, regardless of differences in tastes), but I decided to start with the lists of the rest of the "Four Horsemen". At the moment I'm focusing on the 50s, and these new discoveries will likely make my all-time top 200. So...

Thanks Honorio:

Thanks nicolas:

And thanks Henrik (I've never really paid close attention to this song. But then I noticed that it's pretty high up on your list of favourite songs, so I listened to it more attentively. And I agree with you... it's absolutely gorgeous):