The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Forum Poll: The Best Songs of the 00s Results part 2

Just a minor error, but Sufjan's "Chicago" is the 70th highest ranked song of the 2000's on AM.

Nick
Just a minor error, but Sufjan's "Chicago" is the 70th highest ranked song of the 2000's on AM.

Thanks. Fixed.

By the way the gap between those two Sufjan songs is 0,07 points (1367,77 and 1367,84 points)

Now only two songs per post.

Sorry Nassim. You refused to see this in the guessing thread. But that's how the results went (to be sure this isn't what you refused to see - but now you know that you will).
(another song is above his favorite).

# 15

Eminem feat. Dido - Stan

Score: 1408 points

Biggest fans:
Greg #2, Honorio #2, Henrik #3, Harold Wexler #3, Depeche Mode #6, Zorg #6, Midaso #7, nicolas #7

Haters:
Michel #98, Henry #94, Jonah #79/80

Voters:

Comments:
One of the rare "serious" moments from Eminem that I can stomach. (Moonbeam)

It was my favourite song from the 00s for many years until Sufjan's dethroned it, but it's still number two. Probably the best example of storytelling in music, it's more a novel or a movie than a song. Based on a true story and cleverly told as fan mail, the perfectly built dramatic crescendo is astonishingly brilliant, putting a lump in your throat. Amazing. (Honorio)

It really grew on me when I heard it on headphones, totally focused. Cannot count number of times I rapped this. (Depeche Mode)

Place in the 2000 poll: 2

Acclaimed Music 2000s rank: 43

AMF poll of 00's rank: 23

# 14

Arcade Fire - Wake Up

Score: 1415 points

Biggest fans:
Nassim #1, Jonah #1, Schwah #2, Petri #5, Evan #6, Jackson #7, Harold Wexler #10

Haters:
None

Voters:

Comments:
And there it is, my #1 pick for the poll. First of all it is an incredibly moving, intense and galvanizing song I wish could last 10 minute more. Then, it represents my 2 favorite memories of live concerts ever, the slap in the face I received when I discovered it at the first row of Rock en Seine in '05 and when, 4 years later, at the same place, they played it as an acoustic encore when the concert had to stop because of one of the most violent summer rain Paris has seen in the past years. They were wet to the bones, so was the crowd, but it did not keep anybody from singing their hearts out. (Nassim)

My least favorite song on Funeral. (Moonbeam)

Passion, euphoria, the cathartic power of music, that's the speciality of Arcade Fire. And there is no better prove that "Wake Up", a song to sing along with your fist raised high. (Honorio)

Place in the 2004 poll: 2

Acclaimed Music 2000s rank: 51

AMF poll of 00's rank: 12

# 13

OutKast - Ms. Jackson

Score: 1418 points

Biggest fans:
Beefsupreme #4, Schwah #5, Greg #6, Midaso #8

Haters:
None

Voters:

Comments:
Man, there's so much going on here. Piano, funk, that slowly building wooooooooooooooo, while always sounding like it's a about to fall apart. And they made it so damn CATCHY. #16. (Evan)

Aquemini remains my favorite OutKast album, but this is the song that made me decide to buy their material. Hip hop at its finest. (Moonbeam)

Place in the 2000 poll: 3

Acclaimed Music 2000s rank: 26

AMF poll of 00's rank: 7

# 12

LCD Soundsystem - Someone Great

Score: 1441 points

Biggest fans:
Zorg #1, Harold Wexler #2, Petri #4, Henry #6, Nassim #8, Chris #8, Michel #10

Haters:
Honorio #91

Voters:

Comments:
The shrill, sharp feelings of death are captured so well in this, as are the peculiar thought processes that come to the surface. Mr. Murphy showed so much growth with Sound of Silver and this track may exemplify that the best. (Moonbeam)

Place in the 2007 poll: 2

Acclaimed Music 2000s rank: 74

AMF poll of 00's rank: 24

Surprisingly high placement for "Someone Great", without my low vote probably it could have even reached the Top 10...
Fantastic songs in the 16-20 positions
Only two songs from my personal Top 10 with chances to get into the final Top 10.

More than 150 views already. So looks like AMers are online.
Do you want I release top 10 tonight (within about 1,5 hours) or is it better to release it tomorrow?

# 11

Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out

Score: 1449 points

Biggest fans:
Henry #3, Nick #4, Dan M #5, Moonbeam #6, Henrik #9, Romain #10, Jonah #10

Haters:
Greg #97

Voters:

Comments:
Franz Ferdinand really caught lightning in a bottle here. The rest of their catalog cannot stand up to this song. #20. (Evan)

Rock and dance music rarely intertwine so seamlessly. That riff is absolutely titanic but it is equalled by the propulsive groove. (Moonbeam)

Place in the 2004 poll: 1

Acclaimed Music 2000s rank: 6

AMF poll of 00's rank: 10

Damn it!
Last Nite and Hurt finished criminalyl low!
I should have voted...

Glad to see this thread come alive again!

I was shocked to see "Maps" so low, but seeing "Someone Great" so high makes up for it!

The rest of the top 10 will be released tomorrow.
But here's #10.

# 10

Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)

Score: 1463 points

Biggest fans:
John #1, Evan #3, Chris K. #3, VanillaFire1000 #4, Midaso #5, Zorg #9

Haters:
None

Voters:

Comments:
I avoided using this word as long as I could, but there's only one way to describe this opener: epic. #3. (Evan)

They certainly found a way into many windows with this, including mine! That six-note refrain is pure gold. (Moonbeam)

Place in the 2004 poll: 4

Acclaimed Music 2000s rank: 136

AMF poll of 00's rank: 25

Rebellion (Lies) finished first out of the Arcade Fire songs? My comment for it won't make as much sense anymore.

And completely deservedly so. Except for In The Backseat which if it had been in the poll would have been #1 for me, Rebellion (Lies) is one of the most anthemic songs I have ever heard. It takes me back to when I saw them live in the O2 Arena (the former Millenium Dome in London), and the last song before the encore, they played this. Everyone sang along, and even when they left the stage to have a rest, everyone carried on singing. So there we were singing the oo-oo-oo-oo-oo part at the end of Rebellion (Lies) for a good 10 minutes. I'm sure my voice went out halfway through without me realising.

Also I'm pretty surprised I put Someone Great 1st! It's similar to All My Friends in that it's part of the emotional core of Sound of Silver but to me, Someone Great is even more emotional, that it pips it and pips most other songs from the decade. Also that bouncy sound in the background.

I'd also put "In the Backseat" and "Rebellion (Lies)" as the 1st and 2nd best on Funeral.

Moonbeam
I'd also put "In the Backseat" and "Rebellion (Lies)" as the 1st and 2nd best on Funeral.

I 100% disagree. I feel that Funeral kinda of falls off after "Wake Up," with the final 3 songs missing something for me. I still won't say they are bad songs, just not as mind-blowing as the "Neighboorhood" suite was to me.

Perfect Tier:

1. Wake Up
2. Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
3. Rebellion (Lies)

Great Tier:

4. Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
5. Crown of Love
6. Neighborhood #2 (Laika)

Good Tier:

7. In the Backseat
8. Une Année Sans Lumière
9. Haiti
10. Neighborhood #4 (7 Kettles)

But this is just like, my opinion, man.

The thing about Stan is, it'd be such a better song without the last verse.

If he hadn't made himself into a tragic hero, the song would be much more meaningful.

I have no idea which Arcade Fire song I think is best. Funeral is an album you listen to as a whole.

Take Me Out is one of those songs that sounded so much better the first time than the twentieth time.

I'll play:

10:

1. "In the Backseat"
2. "Rebellion (Lies)"
3. "Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)"

9:

4. "Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)"
5. "Neighborhood #2 (Laika)"

8:

6. "Crown of Love"

7:

7. "Haiti"
8. "Une Année Sans Lumière"

6:

9. "Neighborhood #4 (7 Kettles)"
10. "Wake Up"

Vanillafire1000
Moonbeam

I 100% disagree. I feel that Funeral kinda of falls off after "Wake Up," with the final 3 songs missing something for me. I still won't say they are bad songs, just not as mind-blowing as the "Neighborhood" suite was to me.

Same here. The Neighborhood suite + Wake Up is easily the best part. Rebellion (Lies) is a good song, but overrated as hell.

And btw, totally off topic, but I just listened to Umbrella and I have to say that definitely should have made the cut. Not saying it's one of the very best songs of the decade, but it should have made the top 100 (a hell of a lot better than the Missy songs, at least).

D.A.N.C.E. also should have made it. 2007 was a pretty damn good year for songs.

I just woke up from a funny dream.

I was at a Sufjan Stevens concert, but before the concert started I was eager to see the countdown of this poll so I asked the technician if he could show the forum on the big screen. He refused and said it was time for the special guest on stage. But after the guest performance it suddenly said "#7 Sufjan Stevens - John Wayne Gacy Jr., fans: #1 Henrik". The crowd started mumbling. What was that? Then it moved over to a movie poll with some collage of Brad Pitt and people started yelling. The guy next to me shouted "You say it's your website!? We want Sufjan, you damn fool!!!" But then Sufjan came on stage. He had seen the screen too and began with the words "Number 7...I'm not sure if that's good or bad. But I do know that I have a number one fan, and if you're here tonight, then this song is for you..."

Wow, that was a great dream, Sufjan himself aknowledged that you were his fan #1? And I was not in it? Because I was # too. Go! Sufjan Go!

About Funeral songs, I just read my 2004 list and the 4 songs I voted were:
1. Rebellion (Lies)
2. Wake Up
3. Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
4. Crown of Love (one of the best song probably underated even by themselves, or at least not ussually performed on their live shows).

Crown of love is one of my favorites with Rebellion. Don't understand why it wasn't ranked

What a great dream and story Henrik. It's good to see that these results are so important that they come into dreams. And now there's some extra tension with the countdown.

# 9

The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army

Score: 1473 points

Biggest fans:
Romain #1, beefsupreme #3, Harold Wexler #5, Nick #6, VanillaFire1000 #8, Miguel #10

Haters:
Greg #92

Voters:

Comments:
The seven-beat bassline is so timeless that when I first heard the song in 2003 I thought it was a Classic Rock song from the seventies. A bit repetitive, but that bum...bum-BUM-BUM-bum..bum...bum... will live forever. #43. (Evan)

Even I couldn't deny them at this point, as much as I wanted to. Brilliant stomping raucousness. (Moonbeam)

This song shows that guitar riffs were still relevant in the 00s, or at least in the White Stripes talented hands. Because yes, that was a guitar. That was NOT a bass. (Honorio)

Place in the 2003 poll: 2

Acclaimed Music 2000s rank: 7

AMF poll of 00's rank: 8

nicolas
Crown of love is one of my favorites with Rebellion. Don't understand why it wasn't ranked

I agree completely.

These results have not been all that predictable, which is great. I'm quite excited about the rest of the countdown now. What time is it in Finland? Petri, are you still having your breakfast? (Another great job, by the way, Petri.)

Edit: I dind't notice you posting #9

Dan M
What time is it in Finland? Petri, are you still having your breakfast?

It's AM time +2 hours so it's already noon here. But actually I ate my breakfast after eleven today so it was relevant question.

And now is time for #8...

# 8

Arcade Fire - Rebellion (Lies)

Score: 1477 points

Biggest fans:
Harold Wexler #1, Slick #3, Zorg #5, Dan M #6, Schwah #8, Moonbeam #9

Haters:
Nassim #93, sonofsamiam #92

Voters:

Comments:
The only song I don't enjoy much in Funeral (Nassim)

Not that it's a bad song, but I think it's finally starting to assume its rightful position as the third or fourth best song on Funeral. #47. (Evan)

"In the Backseat" is my favorite on Funeral, but I've probably played this the most. That massive pulse is undeniably powerful. (Moonbeam)

There are many outstanding features here: the pounding rhythm, the vital vocals ("lies! lies!") but let me choose the change from A major to A minor on 3:35. Epic. (Honorio)

Place in the 2004 poll: 3

Acclaimed Music 2000s rank: 29

AMF poll of 00's rank: 9

It's time to see if my dream told the thruth. I hope not...

Henrik
It's time to see if my dream told the thruth. I hope not...

Now it's time.
This song got the most #1 votes. And it is...

# 7

Sufjan Stevens - John Wayne Gacy Jr.

Score: 1485 points

Biggest fans:
nicolas #1, Dan M #1, Honorio #1, Henrik #1, Miguel #5, Evan #7 Stephan #8, Henry #9

Haters:
Slick #99, beefsupreme #98, Nick # 93

Voters:

Comments:
Haunting. #7. (Evan)

3min 20sec of some of the most graceful, sensitive and sublimely beautiful music ever recorded. (Dan M)

Sufjan's ability to place me into the worlds he creates is really, really impressive. There are quite a few songs from Illinois I enjoy more than this, but it is still quite powerful. (Moonbeam)

Sufjan tells the scary story of John Wayne Gacy, Jr., a famous serial killer that killed "twenty-seven people / even more". But the most disturbing is the gentle and sweet tone that Sufjan applies to that tremendous story. And its devastating conclusion: "And in my best behaviour / I am really just like him / Look beneath the floorboards / for the secrets I have hid". (Honorio)

"Number 7...I'm not sure if that's good or bad. But I do know that I have a number one fan, and if you're here tonight, then this song is for you..." (Sufjan Stevens in Henrik's dream)

Place in the 2005 poll: 1

Acclaimed Music 2000s rank: 311

AMF poll of 00's rank: 62

Here is what I think about the songs of Funeral :

Perfect song :

Wake Up

Wonderful songs :

In the Backseat
Neighborhood #1
Neighborhood #2

Great songs :

Neighborhood #3
Crown of Love
Neighborhood #4
Haiti

Good songs :

Une Année sans Lumière
Rebellion (Lies)

I have seen also people keeping chanting the end of Rebellion (Lies) at the end of a concert and it sure was great... but it can not compare with an acoustic Wake Up sung by thousands of people under a heavy rain.
The Arcade Fire song which always is incredibly greater live than in album is Keep the Car Running, always a high time of their live shows (Ready to Start is a song made to be played live too)

I can see into the future!

And Dan, I didn't know we had the same favourite song, but I could have easily guessed as I feel that we both search for "the most graceful, sensitive and sublimely beautiful music ever recorded" (and we found it!). That sums up why I took your decision to leave quite hard.

# 6

M.I.A. - Paper Planes

Score: 1518 points

Biggest fans:
Nick #3, Romain #5, Rocky Raccoon #6, Slick #6, beefsupreme #7, Chris #9, Midaso #10, Chris K. #10

Haters:
None

Voters:

Comments:
She's definitely tapping into some righteous anger here. (Moonbeam)

"Straight to Hell", "Rump Shaker", shotguns, cash machines, Bollywood, a global sound without geographical and generic restrictions, the bold sound of M.I.A. (Honorio)

Place in the 2007 poll: 3

Acclaimed Music 2000s rank: 2

AMF poll of 00's rank: 5

# 5

The Knife - Heartbeats

Score: 1542 points

Biggest fans:
Michel #1, Chris #3, Jackson #3, Petri #5, sonofsamiam #5, Stephan #7, Henrik #7

Haters:
None

Voters:

Comments:
I defy anyone who derides synth music as cold and soulless to deny the raw emotion of this gorgeous masterpiece. (Moonbeam)

Such a grower. Took a few listens but this really is THE pop song of the decade. (Depeche Mode)

Place in the 2002 poll: 2

Acclaimed Music 2000s rank: 24

AMF poll of 00's rank: 6

Henrik

And Dan, I didn't know we had the same favourite song, but I could have easily guessed as I feel that we both search for "the most graceful, sensitive and sublimely beautiful music ever recorded" (and we found it!).

I've always thought you had exquisite taste in music. And just so you know, I have had numerous hours of fun with your playlists on Spotify, from your favourite songs of 1900-1949 all the way through to your Swedish favourites.

Go Sufjan! Great result!

Petri
Arcade Fire - Wake Up

Biggest fans:
Nassim #1, Jonah #1
, Schwah #2, Petri #5, Evan #6, Jackson #7, Harold Wexler #10

This was actually my #3 (I didn't have two #5's). The score is correct again.

The gap between #5 and #4 was 69,35 points. Only gap between #3 and #2 is bigger.

# 4

OutKast - B.O.B.

Score: 1611 points

Biggest fans:
Schwah #1, sonofsamiam #1, Zorg #2, beefsupreme #2, Dan M #2, Nassim #2, VanillaFire1000 #6, Jackson #6, Nick #8, Harold Wexler #9

Haters:
None

Voters:

Comments:
Close 2nd, might be the most innocuous song ever. I usually put it of the end of my mix when I go running, how heavy your legs can be you can not stop running during those verses (Nassim)

Thrilling rapping and a vigorous fusion of funk, hip-hop beats, metal and electro propel this song forward with the speed and energy of a hurricane. For me, no other song in the 00s felt more alive. (Dan M)

This song takes absolutely no prisoners in its frantic assault. Hot damn! (Moonbeam)

Place in the 2000 poll: 1

Acclaimed Music 2000s rank: 14

AMF poll of 00's rank: 3

No haters in a while now, but I've actually got one left. Anyone else?

Yes, one of these is badly overrated imo.

Henrik
No haters in a while now, but I've actually got one left. Anyone else?

Depeche Mode
Yes, one of these is badly overrated imo.

Actually you hated different songs. And well both of them are in top 2.

# 3

Gnarls Barkley - Crazy

Score: 1628 points

Biggest fans:
Stephan #3, Rocky Raccoon #3, Dan M #4, Henrik #5, VanillaFire1000 #5, Henry #5, Harold Wexler #6, Nick #7, nicolas #9

Haters:
Chris K. #93

Voters:

Comments:
Cee-Lo's vocal acrobatics and the punchy guitar get all the credit, but it is the eerie background vocals that really sell this to me. (Moonbeam)

In a decade where mainstream and indie audiences travelled paths each time more divergent there was a song in the middle of the 00s that appeared to please everyone. It was not exactly pop or rap but it found the link between both styles (soul, you know), it sounded both retro and contemporary (neo-soul, that's it) but it succeeded mainly because it was GREAT. (Honorio)

Place in the 2006 poll: 1

Acclaimed Music 2000s rank: 3

AMF poll of 00's rank: 4

Damn I messed up those predictions.

It's time to reveal the winner of the poll.

# 2

LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends

Score: 1715 points

Biggest fans:
Nick #1, Moonbeam #2, VanillaFire1000 #3, Nassim #3, Chris K. #5, Midaso #6, Zorg #7, Michel #7, Jackson #8, Stephan #9, Jonah #9

Haters:
Henrik #93

Voters:

Comments:
This song hits me like a sustained lightning bolt. I remember the exact moment I first heard it driving to work at a new job to start a new life in a new country, but ever mindful of everything that I had left behind. As time has gone on, I've had less and less opportunity to communicate with (much less see) my loved ones, and I'll be damned if this song doesn't capture that longing ache. (Moonbeam)

Place in the 2007 poll: 1

Acclaimed Music 2000s rank: 9

AMF poll of 00's rank: 1

# 1

OutKast - Hey Ya!

Score: 1763 points

Biggest fans:
Rocky Raccoon #1, beefsupreme #1, Henrik #2, Slick #2, Nick #2, Evan #4, Dan M #8, Henry #10

Haters:
Depeche Mode #94

Voters:

Comments:
This one's going to last forever. #4. (Evan)

I should like this a heck of a lot more than I do. It is wildly vibrant, but my favorite from The Love Below will always be "Prototype". (Moonbeam)

Blender tried to describe "Hey Ya!" like "electro/folk-rock/funk/power pop/hip-hop/neo-soul/kitchen sink rave-up". But the thing it was basically was pure fun. (Honorio)

So overrated, I liked it as a child but now? (Depeche Mode)

Place in the 2003 poll: 1

Acclaimed Music 2000s rank: 1

AMF poll of 00's rank: 2

So that was it.

I want to thank all who participated for the final or any year poll (albums or songs). Big thanks for those who wrote comments. The presentation looks much better with wise words. Also big thanks for people who commented in threads.

Excellent presentation Petri, and great (somewhat unexpected) results!

Great results, generally speaking. I find the song results more interesting because not as much consensus has developed around the songs, so the results are more unpredictable.

The most unpredictable results ever? Nevertheless, I think we are all generally happy with the results. I had a great time following this. Thank you, Petri!

Well, I'm glad somethings on this forum aren't predictable.
Now we enter the 90's poll, where the winners are as predictable as the phases of the moon (Automatic for the People....duh!)

Excellent job Petri. I learn more about my musical preferences with each of the polls and enjoy reading the perspectives of others, especially when I initially don't share the views of the person providing the comment.

Excellent job Petri. I learn more about my musical preferences with each of the polls and enjoy reading the perspectives of others, especially when I initially don't share the views of the person providing the comment.

Nice work as usual. I think this is the first time my No. 1 actually won.

Thanks Petri !

what I love is : nicolas, henrik, honorio, danM with the same #1

Great job, Petri! I really enjoyed this.

Thanks for a great two polls! I think this might be the first time we've gone an entire two polls without an error.

Moonbeam
I'll play:

10:

1. "In the Backseat"
2. "Rebellion (Lies)"
3. "Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)"

9:

4. "Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)"
5. "Neighborhood #2 (Laika)"

8:

6. "Crown of Love"

7:

7. "Haiti"
8. "Une Année Sans Lumière"

6:

9. "Neighborhood #4 (7 Kettles)"
10. "Wake Up"

I think I agree entire with this, except I would probably bump Haiti up into 8 category. It's rare that an album contains such perfect individual songs but it all feels better together. It really is like a greatest hits, but it actually works.

Shocked with the results, I have to say! I would never have thought Hey Ya, never. Thanks very much for the quick turnaround of results! Now I must go back to listening to Sleater-Kinney...

Edit: continuing the I Agree With Moonbeam theme, "Sufjan's ability to place me into the worlds he creates is really, really impressive. There are quite a few songs from Illinois I enjoy more than this, but it is still quite powerful." While thing is probably the most powerful song on the album, there are other songs that feel so expansive and kid-in-a-sweetshop that I can't help but go back to those: Come on! Feel The Illinoise!, Casimir Pulaski Day, Chicago, The Predatory Wasp..., The Tallest Man The Broadest Shoulders. They all are right up there.

Great top 10. Pleasant surprise to see two Outkast in the top four.

Heartbeats at number 5 is really unexpected but really cool. John Wayne Gacy grabbing 4 number ones is a shocker.

Congratulations Petri for the great presentation. Could it be possible to post the Excels sheets? I would like to have especially the Excel sheets of every year (I keep a copy of every year Excel file of the other polls).
I like a lot the final results, although the final list was quite different to mine, 14 song of the Top 25 were outside my Top 25, including 3 of the Top 5. The obvious winners were: Outkast (#1, #4 and #13), Arcade Fire (#8, #10 and #14), LCD Soundsystem (#2 and #12) and Sufjan Stevens (#7, #18 and #19).
The opinions were widely divided in this Songs Poll, with only 18 songs with no haters. Even some songs on the Top 10 got a significant amount of haters, like "John Wayne Gacy, Jr." that three voters put on their bottom 10 (why oh why??), without these low votes probably could have reached the Top 5. And, talking about "John Wayne Gacy, Jr."...

Henrik
I can see into the future!
And Dan, I didn't know we had the same favourite song, but I could have easily guessed as I feel that we both search for "the most graceful, sensitive and sublimely beautiful music ever recorded" (and we found it!)

nicolas
what I love is : nicolas, henrik, honorio, danM with the same #1

The #7 for Sufjan proved the divinatory abilities of Henrik (please, Henrik, don’t dream about the end of the world!) and the four simultaneous #1 established a solid new link. So say goodbye to the H-Duo, to Nic & Hon and to the Paris Three and say hello to The Four Horsemen!!!

Honorio
And, talking about "John Wayne Gacy, Jr."...the four simultaneous #1 established a solid new link. So say goodbye to the H-Duo, to Nic & Hon and to the Paris Three and say hello to The Four Horsemen!!!

Whoo-hooh! I feel honoured to be allowed into such a great club.

And thanks again, Petri!

Dan M
Honorio
And, talking about "John Wayne Gacy, Jr."...the four simultaneous #1 established a solid new link. So say goodbye to the H-Duo, to Nic & Hon and to the Paris Three and say hello to The Four Horsemen!!!

Whoo-hooh! I feel honoured to be allowed into such a great club.

And thanks again, Petri!

Argh... the cool guys form a clan, just like in high school...
Is there any file with the correlation values ?

Jonah, we have the same number 1 ! Schwah, same top 2 and you hate Do You Realize too ! Guys, let's create our home clan, we will be like the AM version of the chess club !

Naaah, Nassim, we are all part already of the coolest clan in the world: the Acclaimed Music Forum posters

Petri, how are the spreadsheets with complete lists and clan statistics coming along? Let me know if you need any assistance.

Henrik
Petri, how are the spreadsheets with complete lists and clan statistics coming along? Let me know if you need any assistance.

Sorry for the delay Henrik and others who have waited those sheets. I just sent (minutes ago) results of the final to Henrik. I'll also send the year lists later (today).

Thanks Petri!

I will upload the spreadsheet tonight, but here are some brief clan stats...

Albums poll

Highest correlations:
Nick & Jonathon, 0.65
Nick & Dan M, 0.59
Petri & Gillingham, 0.57
Harold Wexler & Rocky Raccoon, 0.54
Rocky Raccoon & Dan M, 0.53
Michel & Gillingham, 0.51
Honorio & Dan M, 0.50

Lowest correlation:
Gillingham & Tim E, -0,34

Songs poll

Highest correlations:
Miguel & Romain, 0.52
Stephan & Midaso, 0.49
Nicolas & Honorio, 0.45
Nick & Dan M, 0.45

Lowest correlation:
Miguel & Nassim, -0.31

Here are the lowest and highest correlations with the overall results, from most unique to clan leader...

Albums poll

0.008 Tim E
0.011 Moonbeam
0.04 Brad
0.10 Miguel
0.15 Greg

0.55 Honorio
0.56 Sonofsamiam (!)
0.57 Harold Wexler
0.61 Nick
0.63 Dan M

Songs poll

0.12 Greg
0.16 John
0.17 Beefsupreme
0.18 Depeche Mode
0.22 Miguel

0.51 Honorio
0.52 Harold Wexler
0.54 Romain
0.55 VanillaFire1000
0.63 Midaso

In conclusion, everyone was at least a little bit more happy than unhappy about the overall lists!

Yeah, Nic & Hon strike again!! And a high correlation with Dan M too!
And a suprising high level of agreement with the overall results for sonofsamiam (even higher than mine!). I don't know how to explain it, I don't know if sonofsamiam got closer to us or it was the rest that followed sonofsamiam.

Honorio, as in previous polls you are my best friend in the albums poll but you betray me and team up with Dan, Nicolas and Harold...

So sorry Henrik, you know I love you

I realised I have also Dropbox (although I never use it).
So here's the results of the final.