Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: New update!

One interesting thing I noticed was that this update really broke down a lot of barriers between song artist and album artist.

Radiohead's emergence as a major song artist was very heavy (mostly due to 3 years of lists being added all at once.) Radiohead is now only three song rankings below Nirvana, who is the highest ranked song band of the last 20 years.

Wilco used to have an album to song ratio reserved for Jazz and avant garde artists, something very unusual for a song based pop band. The emergence of "Jesus, Etc" as a legitimate classic greatly helped the band, finally pushing them above several acts who they've been ranked below based on songs (Eminem, LCD Soundsystem, Pavement.) 444 on the songlist is still pretty low, but hopefully the crop of bubblers they have will surface on the top 3000 in future updates.

As far as I can tell, "Idioteque" is the biggest climber, jumping from bubbler to top 250 in one update. Several songs had 1500 spot leaps. Kind of exciting, and shows that anything can happen with this site.