The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2011 AMF All-Time Albums Poll Results Thread: The Top 20

Well shit...Funeral beat my number 1,2, and 3 albums...

Oh well, at least it'll never beat them with critics.

Couldn't have imagined worse for the White Album, but at least it still keeps in the top 10, higher than its AM rank.
People generally say it would be better if reduced to a simple disc, but I think exact the opposite. The expanse of that album is one of its best qualities. It's the only time you'll have the chance of hearing 30 awesome (well, 29, cause I don't like Julia) Beatles tracks in a row. I remember my first listening; I hadn't looked at how many tracks were there, although knowing it was a double album. Then there came one great little song after the other, all of them sounding so fresh and imediatly pleasant, so in all the tracks I kept wishing it wasn't the last one. By the end I already knew it was the best album I had ever heard. Some years have passed and I still like all those songs and the album keeps as my #1. Listening to the White Album is the vastest travel you can take in the Beatles world, and strangely the one that most keep you still wanting for more good music. It's the only one of their classics where they are not trying to create something influential or grand. They're just letting the music flow.

Moonbeam
No Beatles in the top 3? Hallelujah!

5 Beatles in the top 17: too much