Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2011 AMF All-Time Albums Poll Results Thread: The Top 20

At least two votes for New Amerykah Part One: 4th World War. It was a recent find for me.

Great job, Jackson!
And great comments everyone (with a special mention to mon pote Nicolas).
So sad for not being able to see the results live.
It seems that many voters are dissapointed for "OK Computer" wining again for the 4th consecutive time, and even increasing the difference of points, with 10 points of difference in 2005, 298 in 2007, only 9 points in 2009 and... 511 in 2011 (!!). The total points were lower this time because a lower number of voters, with 6020 points instead the 6301 of 2009 (that was our particular peak, comparing with the 2303 points on 2007 and 1271 in 2005)
What can I say about it? This persistence of Radiohead's magnum opus at the top is obviously because we like it and (IMHO) because the album deserves it.

Great work, congratulations!
And it would definitely be cool to have a spreadsheet of it, as nicolas mentioned. I regularly use my spreadsheet of the last poll...

Congratulations Jackson for this fantastic presentation and the results calculation! It really was an incredible journey.

If I have more time in the not so distant future I may well explain why the poll's #2 (whooooooohooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! ) is my personal all-time favorite album, how angry I am for "Funeral"'s placement or that "Pet Sounds", as exceptional as it is, can't hold a single candle to "Revolver", but let's leave this annoying stuff for some other time as I said before

1 2