Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Where will 'The Suburbs' and 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' rank on update?

Evan
I actually don't think MBDTF will rank higher than College Dropout when the 2010 albums are included. #217 is a tall task for an album that finished third in its own year's year-end lists and hasn't appeared on a decade list yet. The College Dropout has appeared on, like, 50 decade lists, so it's got quite the head start. By mid-decade we may see a shift as critics make 2010-2014 lists and possibly decide it's time to weigh in on their top albums of all time.

There's no way The Suburbs ever touches Funeral. Not just any old album reaches the top 50. I'd expect to see it start out somewhere around Neon Bible, maybe a little higher. This may be more of a personal wish than an honest prognostication, but I think its highest position will be in the next update and then it will fall as the decade continues.

Both spot on. I think Dark Fantasy will rank right between College Dropout and Late Registration, but then will gain position over the years, and eventually be recognized as his top album.

The Suburbs is a great album, but I don't think we'll be viewing it as a major work in 10 years. It's probably going to wind up with "Other great album" status, and like In Utero, White Blood Cells, and Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, will rank 100 spots below their masterwork.

Re: Where will 'The Suburbs' and 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' rank on update?

Thanks so much for this information. I have to let you know I concur on several of the points you make here and others may require some further review.kamdev vashikaran mantra for husband

I really appreciate your work work as it is really amazing ,for maintenance visit. mayong assam tantrik