Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Forum Poll: The Best Albums and Songs of 2007

Honorio
A note for Henrik about alphabetical order for Spanish bands: in Spain the articles (el/la/los/las, all of them equivalent to the English "the") should be excluded from the alphabetical order, so "Los Planetas" should be filed under P as "Planetas, Los" and not under L. Same for "Guincho, El", "Del Río, Los" and even non-Spanish bands with Spanish names as "Campesinos!, Los".
Yes, I know. I should probably change these for the next update. What about The El Dorados?

Petri

11. Burial – Archangel - 142 ( 8,17,75 )

Alright, I voted for most of the top ten songs, but this is ridiculous. This song is so good!

But great showing for "The Past Is a Grotesque Animal," and Panda Bear>Wilco was an excellent result.

BillAdama
I don't think it's being 'Pitchforkly correct' that's important so much as 'Critically correct'. Keep in mind the White Stripes easily got two albums through, and Pitchfork hates them.

But, the ones near the top of the AM list have a huge advantage, because people start their exploration from the top and go down rather than a more directed search to the sort of music more fitting their individual tastes.

True and true.
This final list is our lowest common denominator. I think the individual lists are somtimes more interesting.
Our differences .

Maybe Dorados, El, The?