Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
R.E.M. break up

First The White Stripes and LCD Soundsystem earlier this year, and now R.E.M. !? That's 3 bands all in my top 30 artists. This is not okay.

Full story here-
http://remhq.com/news_story.php?id=1446

Re: R.E.M. break up

Now this was sudden.

Good for them, they obviously know that the time is right. Thanks for all great the music.

Wow, that's terrible! I can't believe th...wait, it's 1986, right? No, it's 2011?

That's fine then. I'll just be over here listening to their half dozen classic records.

A sad year in music indeed.
I couldn't imagine what would be more depressing than Winehouse's death, and now here it is.

Sad, but not the end of the world (as we know it). I feel fine.

Since the first time I heard R.E.M. in '84, they have been my favourite all time band. After New Adventures only mediocre studio albums were released, but I really thought of a kind of comeback after 2009's live album Live in the Olympia. Wishful thinking, I suppose.

In 2012 Stipe's ultimate solo album???

It seems pointless for them to break up 31 years into their career. After all, they've been releasing records that don't really live up to the lofty standards they previously set for over a decade now and it's not like they tour very often. They might as well pull a Pink Floyd and just exist.

Maybe I'm just sad to lose a band with one of the best great album streaks in history.

My favourite all time band have released one last single: "We All Go Back To Where We Belong".

Don't have that song yet, but here it is performed by somebody else.

Here's one with the original manic pixie dream girl to also entertain your eyes.

Stephan
Here's one with the original manic pixie dream girl to also entertain your eyes.

... does not play in Germany ...

This is a very interesting post and all the details are in this post are awesome.
love spell with her clothes