Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Referendum on the AMWT

For those of you following the AMWT, you may have noticed that the AMWT has taken a two-week hiatus as I move to university. Well, as it turns out, I'm discovering that my school, social and other commitments are going to leave next to no time for participation on the AMF, which obviously places the AMWT in doubt. Hence, I have a few ideas about the future of the game:

- A watered-down version of the game where I only post the city for the week, without any of the artist/songs lists, venue information, or comments about the results;
- A full version of the game that I will work on when I can, with rounds held irregularly every few weeks or so;
- Indefinite hiatus until I have more time;
- Someone else takes over running the game for the time being or personally.

Post your preferences, and depending on how things go, I'll make a decision on what to do within the next week.

Re: Referendum on the AMWT

Alex D

- A full version of the game that I will work on when I can, with rounds held irregularly every few weeks or so
- gets my vote.

Thanks for this notice. I have not participated in recent weeks, so you can discount my vote if you choose. I think that the game has been well run to date and would be fully supportive of any of the options you proposed.

Hi Alex

Good luck for your university year !

I think I'll go for the same option as Henry

Alex D, I'll go with the same as Henry and nicolas. Of course, your social life and academic commitments are the priority now that you're at university. You've obviously been doing a great job with the World Tour, so a full version of the game whenever you get a chance to run it would be much appreciated. Having more time than just a week to explore the music of each of the regions would be better anyway.

Have fun!

Option 2 again.

Well, that settles it. AMWT updates will come in their full form when I have the time