Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Best Moderate Acclaimed Album 2 Championship: Initials B.B. vs Seventeen Seconds

Guess what? My vote goes to Seventeen Seconds.

Great final.

Re: Best Moderate Acclaimed Album 2 Championship: Initials B.B. vs Seventeen Seconds

The Cure - Seventeen Seconds

Seventeen Seconds

Also, Brad is officially the winner of Predict It, meaning he's won any CD from the draw that is attainable for a reasonable price.

So, send your pick and mailing address to AMModeratePoll@gmail.com.

Furthermore, I got a Software Developer job offer today. So, this will be the last game I run on the forum. After this is over I officially release the 'Best Moderately Acclaimed Album' franchise if anybody else wants to run one.

Bill- congrats on the job offer... Best of luck to you!

If no-one else minds, I could certainly take over the franchise starting in 2012. It's about time I earned my keep around here.

Nice job throughout the tournament!

BillAdama
Also, Brad is officially the winner of Predict It, meaning he's won any CD from the draw that is attainable for a reasonable price.

So, send your pick and mailing address to AMModeratePoll@gmail.com.

Furthermore, I got a Software Developer job offer today. So, this will be the last game I run on the forum. After this is over I officially release the 'Best Moderately Acclaimed Album' franchise if anybody else wants to run one.

Congratulations on the job - so this means your 'reasonable price' increases from what it was...

One more day to vote. After this there will be a 'Most discovered album' poll where people vote on their favorite albums they hadn't heard before the game started.

Congratulations on the new job BillAdama!

The final result:

The Cure - Seventeen Seconds defeats Serge Gainsbourg - Initials B.B. by a score of 6-4.

After a lot of close votes toward the end, the victor is the album that came the closest to qualifying for the first game without doing so. Good year, and I hope Brad or somebody else will continue the game next year.

Stephan
Congratulations on the new job BillAdama!

Let me echo this! Woo hoo!

And hooray to the victor! Seventeen Seconds is amazing.

Awesome job, billadama... Much fun. Count me in for taking over. As for winning the predict it bracket, no need to buy a cd... The discoveries were a reward in themselves! Best of luck in your job!

What ever happened to the "Moderately Acclaimed Songs" idea? I think that would draw a larger crowd than the albums game (which I loved, by the way), simply because it's easier to listen to.

Brad
Awesome job, billadama... Much fun. Count me in for taking over. As for winning the predict it bracket, no need to buy a cd... The discoveries were a reward in themselves! Best of luck in your job!

I appreciate you letting me off the hook, but don't feel any pressure to.

I think the reason a Moderately Acclaimed Songs didn't happen is that songs are well known further down the list than albums. I think we talked about a contest for 1025-3000 songs near the start of Bracketology but nobody ever claimed it.

I would be up for that, or something focused on new less well known songs.

Listyguy
What ever happened to the "Moderately Acclaimed Songs" idea? I think that would draw a larger crowd than the albums game (which I loved, by the way), simply because it's easier to listen to.

I think that unacclaimed songs simply works better than moderately acclaimed just because of the nature of songs lists (they focus on singles, overlooking some of our forum favorites).

However, I agree it would be a good idea for the next unacclaimed songs game to include the songs ranked below 1024, instead of excluding songs with any acclaim whatsoever.