Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AM Meeting in Paris

Anyone has Photoshop ? I'd love to add a black background.

Re: AM Meeting in Paris

Great.
Now you need to do the original cover of "Electric Ladyland".

Thanks Nicolas for a great week in Paris! You have a wonderful family. Hanna and Melker had a great time with your kids and all the things we did during the days. And thanks for the evenings with excellent food and music.

PS. Votes for both Depeche Mode and Kraftwerk! This is the fruit of f-2-f meetings!
PS2. Honorio, it was (of course) also great to meet you and your family again!!!

Email me the pic at ackattackx@hotmail.com and I'll do something with it.

The facial expressions are hilarious!!

Oh and Rocky Raccoon, you can just "right click" on the photo and go to "save image as".

Here's a more conventional pic (with from left to right Honorio, yours truly, my son Basile and Henrik)taken on top of the mandatory Eiffel tower.

BTW Henrik and Honorio, any of you guys has the Men In Black pic ?

Listyguy

Great.
Now you need to do the original cover of "Electric Ladyland".

Well, that was our first idea but I don't know why our wives didn't agree

It's been a great week, with lots of walks in the city, and of course countless conversations on music and (even) other subjects !! We even saw Daniel Darc in the subway !!

Let me finish with this photo of Animal Collective

I just got this from nj

Have you been to the exhibition around Brassens in the "cité de la musique" ?

Finally we didn't have time to. We went to La Villette but watched a crappy movie at La Géode instead

Nicolas, you ARE Jimi. And then on the collective pic you merged into Sly (who really scares poor Melker). Everyone is great on that picture but special mention to Mar the hippie.

Yes, Melker was really scared by my wig !! i noticed that

And no one got scared of Basile? He looks like he's about to start his own serial slasher franchise.

And why is dj Hon wearing a hat?

nj
And no one got scared of Basile? He looks like he's about to start his own serial slasher franchise.

If his sword was real, we'd all be dead for the 1254th time !!
Maybe I shouldn't have shown him Lord Of The Rings

nj
And why is dj Hon wearing a hat?

Well, nj, you know that there were no bald people during the hippie days. Since there was no other afro available I chose instead the hat.
But maybe you wizards of Photoshop could turn it into an afro!!

And yes, Nico, many thanks for the wonderful week at your home, many thanks for a week full of:
- Delicious food (boeuf bourguignon, fondue savoyarde, quiche lorraine, cous-cous). Sophie, you're cooking was excellent (and so was Malin's last year).
- Great music on Nicolas' computer (Henri Salvador, Tony Joe White, Dick Annegarn, Doc Watson, Jacques Brel, JJ Cale, Toumani Diabaté, Anouar Brahem).
- Pleasant walks across beautiful places (quartier de Montmartre, canal Saint Martin, Parc des Plantes, Île de France, Châtillon). Nico, I forgot the name of that beautiful quartier we went on Tuesday.
- Interesting conversations about many things, including (of course) music, lists and... the others Amers.
- And the best company, the wonderful Franzon and Lejeune families.
Many thanks Henrik and Nicolas. I just hope our continuous presence in your homes don't bother you too much.

nj you made me laugh to tears with the cave troll pic

no hon you didn't bother us; and the quartier we went to on tuesday was Montsouris/La Butte aux Cailles

This makes me very, very happy! If I ever make it to Europe, I'd love to visit some of you.

Honorio

Well, nj, you know that there were no bald people during the hippie days. Since there was no other afro available I chose instead the hat.

ta-dah..

try Spirit next time.

Looks like the guy on the left (the drummer, Ed Cassidy, also Randy California's stepfather) has walked through a time gate

Zorg
The facial expressions are hilarious!!

Oh and Rocky Raccoon, you can just "right click" on the photo and go to "save image as".

Yeah, just hoping for a higher rez version.

This one is from Rocky Raccoon

Moonbeam
This makes me very, very happy! If I ever make it to Europe, I'd love to visit some of you.

You'll HAVE to visit us

AM Spanish meeting

Sorry Miguel for lasting too long on posting some comments about our meeting. I seized the opportunity of an Ophthalmology Congress in Oviedo to meet another member of AM Forum. The experience was throughly satisfying, just like the previous meetings, but (Miguel and me agreed in that) too short. We meet during a coffee break during the Congress and the next day I went to his home to meet his family, to have a delicious dinner and then some drinks of excellent homemade liquors, a much shorter meeting that the ones I enjoyed with Henrik or Nicolas.
Anyway we had some time to talk about many different themes including, of course, music and our attitudes toward it. Of course we had a lot in common (as anyone else at the Forum we are music obsessives) but I realized that our approaches are very different (something that everyone could guess seeing our lists). Miguel is more individual, more personal in his tastes (just like a “pop” Nicolas) while me (and probably Henrik) are more ecclectic.
He writes (very well) for some Spanish webzines about music and movies, he sent me some of his articles and to my surprise I have read some of them without knowing that Miguel was the writer. I particularly remembered an article because I fully disagreed with him when I read it. It was about "horrible songs in excellent albums" and I could not understand why he didn't like "Bodas de sangre" by Pata Negra, a long time favourite of mine. I'm going to post the link to the articles about international and Spanish songs, you are not going to understand the words but you will recognize for sure the international songs. My favourite article talks about Miguel particular theory about "music of order", about the music that tries to find order, harmony, consonance (or whatever you may call it). This sense of inevitability, that a particular song could have not been any other way, is what it makes a song great. And I agree.
The only thing I regret about our meeting is that we didn't finally reproduce the photo of the cover art of Pet Shop Boys' "Actually" as we previously planned. Anyway here's a picture of our meeting.

Happy new year Miguel, Pilar and Carolina. Many thanks for your hospitality. I just hope we will meet again.

Re: AM Spanish meeting

That's great, Honorio and Miguel!

I still really would like to do the "serious" AM conference one day. Without kids and wives.

Happy New Year everyone!

Thank you very much for your kind words, Honorio. It was really great to have shared with you a few hours (too few). The "acclaimers" who have been fortunate to meet him in person (Henrik and Nicolas) know this well. I just hope the rest of our community have in the future the same fate as us three.

BTW: I'm not really a nerd as it looks in the picture!!

Miguel
The "acclaimers" who have been fortunate to meet him in person (Henrik and Nicolas) know this well.
Indeed yes. I'm not exaggerating when I say that both Honorio and Nicolas are two of the nicest people I have ever met.

Henrik
Indeed yes. I'm not exaggerating when I say that both Honorio and Nicolas are two of the nicest people I have ever met.

Compliment returned

Hey, Miguel, Henrik and Nicolas, many many thanks for the compliments. I think the same about you, you were really nice people.
And yes, Henrik, it could be great an Acclaimed Music Annual Meeting changing the city every year (or at least a big meeting once). But too expensive... unless we can find an sponsor.