Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Amy Winehouse R.I.P

Terribly sad. Talented, troubled young woman.

Re: Amy Winehouse R.I.P

The phrase R.I.P. seems especially apt in this instance, since she apparently never had any peace in life. Perhaps she'll find it now. I was really, really pulling for her to come out of all this and make it back again. It wasn't to be. Tremendously upsetting news.

yeah, what a waste, she was so talented, I love her album she had a tremendous voice

The world lost one of the greatest voices of all time. Sad day. May she rest in Peace.

Very very sad news,came as a real shock but it shouldn't have given her lifestyle. Another one for the 27 club - Johnson,Jones,Hendrix,Morrison,Joplin,Cobain,Winehouse...

It's a big loss. Huge shame, let's hope people make the most of her music for the right reasons.

It's very sad to see this happen to anyone.

Sad sad news, but not too surprising. Oddly my wife and me was talking about her some days ago while I was listening to “Back in Black” for the 2006 poll (by the way, the album is now comfortably sitting at the top of my list and I doubt that any discover during the next month could dethrone it). My opinion during that conversation was that, apart from a drug habit and a fragile psyche, one of her problems (and not one of the less serious) could be a creative block, an excessive pressure to deliver a worthy follow-up to the acclaimed “Back to Black”. Now you all know what comes now, a flood of posthumous releases that probably Amy would not have approved. R.I.P., Amy.

True, not a surprise, but still sad. Back to Black is a gem. RIP, Amy, and hopefully now she finds peace that eluded her during her brief time on Earth.