Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Popular songs in France.

All the countries in the world have singers and songs who never cross the boundaries.
When I see the Am top 3000, I see some of them (American essentially because of the huge number of magazine and top in this country).
I don't know if you see what I mean, the kind of songs wich are anchored in the collective memory of a country ; that can be heard on the bus, on the store anywhere you are, wich are considered like classics.
(I found a good example in the last best 60's songs of AM, Glen Campbell, an artist, I think, totally unknown outside U.S.A. but very popular in the USA (I hope)).

I just want to share with you what I consider to popular culture in my country : France.

It's not necessary good songs, the success is sometimes strange.

I take my time, and I will try to update as often as possible when ideas come to me.
I only choose singers or band who are not in AM of course.
And once again, I hope to see the same kind of things for other countries (I'm a little bit tired of seeing and hearing always the same songs here).
Thanks and sorry again for my english.

Re: Popular songs in France.

Something tells me I'm going to love this thread...

In Sweden, Indochine had a hit with "Kao Bang".

May I post too ? I get the picture : very popular songs, not necessarily ones I like (like fucking Louise Attaque)
Je ne veux pas m'imposer, Romain, c'est ton idée...

nicolas
May I post too ? I get the picture : very popular songs, not necessarily ones I like (like fucking Louise Attaque)
Je ne veux pas m'imposer, Romain, c'est ton idée...

I guess everyone can post.
I was going to post something about 00s rock'n'roll (Louise Attaque, Kyo, Luke, Deportivo, Raphaël...) but it's quite hard to find sales figures to see which singles were the most popular.
Maybe something about the great bands of the beginning of the 90s like l'Affaire Louis Trio, Les Négresses Vertes, Les Innocents and all the band around them would be a good idea too !

"Voilà l'été" or "Mobilis In Mobile" are great songs. Don't worry about the sales figures, just post the songs you hear when you go to the supermarket, the ones that play in the general adult oriented radios (nostalgie, rire et chansons and all that s#*@*^t

Sorry, I speak Frenck for Nassim and Nicolas.

Au contraire, vous êtes les bienvenus, à priori, nous n'aimons pas forcément les mêmes choses. J'allais même te demander Nassim de faire des trucs sur le rap, dont je suis totalement ignorant.
Et les choix de groupes donnés me semblent très bien. Moi-même, j'allais plutôt parler de chanteurs/chanteuses/groupes plus anciens. Nicolas, tu as parfaitement saisi l'idée dans ton dernier message.

Après, il faudrait juste conserver une mise en forme en commun.
Du genre :
- Nom du groupe
- Petit historique en anglais (wiki ou autre, si vous avez de meilleurs sources, je suis preneur)
- Liste des chansons classées par ordre chronologique avec lien youtube

Si vous trouvez une superbe mise en forme, je suis preneur également.

Pour le choix des chansons, je pense vraiment mettre celles qui me paraissent être hyper connues, par tous, pas seulement par la frange d'afficionados (par exemple, pour Indochine, je regrette déjà d'avoir mis la dernière qui ne me semble pas très connue alors que les quatre autres le sont énormément). Ce que nous pourrions faire, c'est mettre les très connues (j'ai employé les termes de mémoire collective, ça me semble assez clair comme définition) en avant et mettre celles qui nous paraissent notables en Bonus.

Et enfin, je pensais vraiment éviter les chanteurs qui se trouvent déjà dans le Am top 3000 pour le moment.
Merci en tout cas de votre participation.

Claude Nougaro

WIkipédia :
Claude Nougaro (9 September 1929–4 March 2004) was a French songwriter and singer.

Claude Nougaro was born in Toulouse to a respected French opera singer, Pierre Nougaro, and an Italian piano teacher, Liette Tellini. He was raised by his grandparents in Toulouse where he heard Glenn Miller, Édith Piaf and Louis Armstrong (among others) on the radio. In 1947 he failed his baccalaureat and began a career in journalism, writing for various journals including Le Journal des Curistes at Vichy and L'Echo d'Alger. At the same time he wrote songs for Marcel Amont ("Le barbier de Belleville", "Le balayeur du roi") and Philippe Clay ("Joseph", "La sentinelle"). He met Georges Brassens, who became his friend and mentor.

He sent his lyrics to Marguerite Monnot, Édith Piaf's songwriter, who put them to music. ("Méphisto", "Le Sentier de la guerre"). He started to sing for a livelihood in 1959 in a Parisian cabaret in Montmartre, the Lapin Agile.

In 1962, he decided to sing his works himself: "Une petite fille" and "Cécile ma fille" (dedicated to his daughter, born in 1962, and to his wife Sylvie, whom he met at the Lapin agile). These songs made him immediately known to the larger public, which he had already started to penetrate by participating in the concerts of Dalida. A car accident immobilised him for several months in 1963. The following year he travelled to Brazil, and sang in prestigious halls in Paris: the Olympia, the Palais, the Théâtre de la Ville. The events of May 1968 inspired him to the torrential "Paris Mai", a plea for life, which would be banned from the airwaves. The same year he recorded his first live album at the Olympia: Une soirée avec Claude Nougaro.

His career continued normally, punctuated by success: Le jazz et la java, Tu verras, Île de Ré, Armstrong, Toulouse, Petit taureau. But in 1984, his recording company did not renew his contract. Nougaro left for New York, seeking inspiration, and while there wrote and recorded a self-financed disc, Nougayork, whose resounding success was a surprise. In 1988 Victoires de la musique rewarded him with best album and best artist, and between 1993 and 1997 he released three new albums.

His health deteriorated after 1995, when he underwent a heart operation. In 2003, his condition left him unable to appear at the festival du Verbe at Toulouse. From 1998 to 2004 he devoted himself more to concerts and festivals, apart from an album in aid of children suffering from AIDS. Having undergone further surgery in early 2004, he died of cancer in March, 74 years old.

His music drew inspiration, among other sources, from American jazz, from which he borrowed heavily (Charles Mingus, Louis Armstrong, Dave Brubeck, Sonny Rollins), but also from Brazilian music (Antonio Carlos Jobim, Baden Powell de Aquino, Chico Buarque).

Le Jazz et la Java 1962

Le cinéma 1962

Une petite fille 1962

Cécile, ma fille 1963

A bout de souffle 1965
An hommage to films noirs with this incredible blue rondo à la turk by Brubeck.

Armstrong 1967

Tu verras 1978
Music : Chico Buarque de Holanda (O que sera) but Stunning words.

Nougayork 1985

Nougaro is great

I like Claude Nougaro's jazzy chanson style. I was in fact hoping for posts about popular chanteurs and chanteuses from the 50s and 60s other than Georges Brassens, Serge Gainsbourg, Boris Vian, Françoise Hardy and Édith Piaf. So thanks!

Thanks Dan M, if you understand French, seriously listen the words of "Tu verras, tu verras"...marvelous, so touching.
My other favorite is "A bout de souffle", what strength.

Dan M, do you know Henri Salvador ? I will post about him soon

Jacques Dutronc

Wikipédia :
Jacques Dutronc (born April 28, 1943 in Paris; French pronunciation: [ʒak dytʁɔ̃]) is a French singer, songwriter, guitarist, composer, and actor. He has been married to singer Françoise Hardy since March 30, 1981, and the two have a son (jazz guitarist Thomas Dutronc, born 1973). He also has been a longtime songwriting collaborator with Jacques Lanzmann. Some of Dutronc best known hits include "Il Est Cinq Heures, Paris S'éveille", "Le Responsable", and "Les Cactus".

Dutronc played guitar in the rock group El Toro et les Cyclones. He wrote successful songs for Françoise Hardy in the 1960s before moving on to pursue a successful solo career. His music incorporated traditional French pop and French rock as well as styles such as psychedelic rock and garage rock. He later branched out into film acting, starting in 1973. He earned a Cesar for Best Actor for the leading role in Van Gogh, which was directed by Maurice Pialat. According to the All Music Guide, Dutronc is "one of the most popular performers in the French-speaking world", although he "remains little known in English speaking territories" aside from a cult following in the U.K.

Et moi, et moi, et moi 1966
Les playboys 1966
Hippie hippie hourra 1966
On nous cache tout, on nous dit rien 1966
Mini, mini, mini 1966
La fille du père noël 1966 Personal favorite
Les cactus 1966

J'aime les filles 1967

Fais pas çi, fais pas ça 1968
Il est cinq heures, Paris s'éveille 1968 His most famous song.

L'opportuniste 1969

L'Arsène 1971

Gentleman cambrioleur 1975

Bonus :
Les gens sont fous, les temps sont flous 1966
L'aventurier 1969
Le responsable 1967

I think the French singer-songwriter is a genre that has been missed by the rest of the world, (especially anglophone). I love Vincent Delerm, especially "Fanny Ardant et Moi", his love song to the black and white film actress.

nicolas
Dan M, do you know Henri Salvador ?

I've listed to Chambre avec vue because it made a few lists in the albums poll for 2000, and I liked it. I haven't got round to listening to any of his earlier stuff yet.

Dutronc was the most gifted performer of the yéyé era (1960's Freznch pop). "Il est cinq heures" is not only a classic but also a masterpiece in words music and arrangements. I tink Nino Ferrer and Polnareff deserve a post here.
But I'm preparing something about Henri Salvador.

(French aparté for Romain)

Il y a moyen sur Youtube de poster les vidéos sous forme de lecteur (lecture dans cette page et non lien). Pour ça, sur Youtube tu cliques sur Partager, puis sur intégrer, puis tu coches "utiliser l'ancien code d'intégration", et ça marche.

Merci Nicolas, et une fois fait cela, dans Acclaimed Music je colle le lien de la même façon que maintenant ?

tu fais juste copier coller c'est déjà en html

Si tu le fais dans ta présentation de Salvador, je viendrais jeter un oeil, ma présentation est hautement améliorable. Merci.

Henri Salvador (18 July 1917 – 13 February 2008)

(Source :AMG, Wikipedia and myself)

Henri Salvador enjoyed one of the longest careers of any French cabaret artist, debuting professionally in the mid-'30s and recording -- with satisfying results -- all the way into the new millennium. For much of his career, Salvador was known for his jazzy guitar work, his comic talents, and novelty songs, and a distinct Brazilian influence in his brand of chanson. A star in France since the end of World War II, Salvador shifted into children's music for much of the '70s before reclaiming his old audience. He reinvented himself again with 2000's Chambre Avec Vue, a gentle, nostalgic collection of love songs that, thanks in part to the Buena Vista Social Clubphenomenon, was reissued in America by the legendary jazz label Blue Note.

Salvador was born on July 18, 1917, in Cayenne, French Guiana. His parents had been born on the island of Guadeloupe. They moved to France when he was a child. Salvador discovered jazz, studied the guitar and played in jazz bands, making his first gigs in the early thirties at age 16. A great admirer of Django Reinhardt, he even served as accompanist for the gyspy genius for a brief period.

During the war, he joined Ray Ventura’s famous orchestra who played humorous jazz-inspired songs, where he used to sing, dance and even play comedy on stage. The bad fled France and spent the years 1941-45 in South America, playing in numerous clubs and venues, especially in Brazil. It is there that Salvador, who was born in nearby Guiana, incorporated elements of samba to his music, mixed with West indies influences. He also made his first solo gigs there.
When he came back to France after WWII, he started his own group and, in 1947, cut his first solo sides for Polydor, including "Clopin Clopant," "Maladie de l'Amour," and "Ma Doudou."

In 1949, Salvador was awarded the prestigious Grand Prix du Disque de l'Académie Charles Cros on the strength of two hits, "Parce Que Ça Me Donne du Courage" and "Le Portrait de Tante Caroline." He followed them with one of his all-time classics, "Le Loup, la Biche, et le Chevalier (Une Chanson Douce)."

His 50’s recordings are IMO the best. They mix humorous songs, calypso, jazz and sentimental ballads, and also surrealistic spoken word records (especially one in which he’s laughing with his signature laugh for 2 minutes !!)

Salvador made his first appearance in the United States, right in the midst of the rock & roll craze. After appearing on The Ed Sullivan Show, Salvadorreturned to France and hooked up with songwriting partner Boris Vian. Adopting the pseudonym Henri Cording, Salvador began writing rock & roll songs with Vian and recording them with a group dubbed the Original Rock and Roll Boys (infact Michel Legrand’s jazz orchestra). Oddly humorous novelty numbers like "Rock and Roll Mops" and "Le Blues du Dentiste" gave France some of its earliest exposure to the new music. Salvadormoved to the Barclay label in 1958, but unfortunately, Vian passed away the following year, having collaborated on over 400 songs withSalvador in their brief but hugely productive partnership.

Vian, Salvador and Michel Legrand as jazz musicians, dispised rock’n roll and this record is a parody (legend has it that they were all drunk during the recording). In these recordings he reminds me of Screaming Jay Hawkins.

Here is another of his big hits, « Le Blues du dentiste » from 1958, recorded with Quincy Jones Orchestra

He was also famous for being one of the influences of Bossa Nova, according to Jobim himself, especially with this song from 1959 (my favorite of his), « Dans mon île » (In My island). Sadly this is not the original version but one he cut recently (his voice is a little tired).

In 2005, Henri Salvador was awarded the Brazilian Order of Cultural Merit, which he received from the acclaimed singer and Minister of Culture, Gilberto Gil, in the presence of President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva for his influence on Brazilian culture, particularly on bossa nova, to whose invention he contributed.

In the 1960’s, he started a more mainstream carreer, starting his own record company, appearing in various radio shows. He got really famous with French covers of American hits, such as « Le Lion est mort ce soir » adaptation of« The Lion sleeps tonight » (1962), or « Zorro est arrivé » (1964), adaptation of the Coaster’s « Along Came Jones ». He appeard in a lot of TV shows, displaying his comic talents. Like in this hilarious vintage clip of « Zorro »

One of his most famous songs, « Syracuse », from 1962, is a sentimental (and maybe too soppy IMO) song ; here is an excellent acoustic version

In the seventies, he turned into a children’s singer, recording French versions of Disney scores, and fell into oblivion in the 80’s and 90’s. At this time he retired to the South of France, recording and playing live occasionaly, and devoted himself to one of his passions, pétanque (he was a high level player).

He made his came back in 2000, as one of the major influences of « nouvelle chanson », a style that relied on tradition. He had discovered the great singer Keren Ann who wrote a few songs for him long with Benjamin Biolay. The album Chambre avec vue, issued on the legendary jazz label Blue Note was a huge success.

He returned with a similar-sounding follow-up, Ma Chère et Tendre, in 2003, and three years later Révérence, an album that was recorded mostly in Brazil and included duets with Caetano Veloso and Gilberto Gil, came out.Henri Salvador died at age 90 from a ruptured aneurysm at his home in Paris on February 13, 2008. On Valentine Day's eve...

Chapeau bas Nicolas !
It's far better and personal than what I make. And you perfectly understand what I want to do.
I'll try to do the same think but I don't know as welle as you the artists.
Pour Salvador, tu aurais pu mettre un enregistrement de son fameux rire légendaire à la fin ;-)
P.S. : just for know, wich artist do you want to do ?

Yes Romain you are right i forgot Salvador's laugh

Don't miss this great clip (can't post here for copyright reasons)

or else this sketch (in the intoduction he says he's too lazy to laugh onstage so he's gonna play a record of himself laughing)

I test something...because I forgot a wonderful song of Dutronc in my bonus.

Thanks Nicolas

Hervé Cristiani

Hervé Cristiani is a French singer of Corsican origin, born November 8, 1947 in Paris.
The one and only hit he did, in 1981, is : "il est libre Max !"

nicolas, which albums by Henri Salvador would you recommend?

Well it's a bit difficult because there are hundreds of compilations especially of the early material that is now in the public domain.
His production is quite uneven, with great carribean/brazilian/creole tunes but also sentimental and comic songs, jazz, blues, etc...
A great album is "Dans mon île" (1958)and the sides he did with Vian; the singles from 1948-50 are also great.
If you want Dan (and the others) I can make a compilation that you can download via yousendit or megafire when I have the time. Give me your email address or RYM or Facebook profile so I can send u the links.

I can also make a spotify or deezer playlist if you can access one of these sites

nicolas
If you want Dan (and the others) I can make a compilation that you can download via yousendit or megafire when I have the time. Give me your email address or RYM or Facebook profile so I can send u the links.

Because I'm a bit silly I don't have a Facebook profile and I don't go on RYM regularly, so it's probably best to give you my email address: daniel_meyer30@hotmail.com. Don't create too much work for yourself though.

ok Dan

Don't worry, it's a pleasure; I'mlistening to a lot of Salvador and I realize how versatile he was. He was an old school cabaret artist; he could sing, play the guitar, and was a great comedian and showman.
He recorded extensively in a lot of different styles from novelty songs to calypso, be bop jazz, sentimental and crooner ballads, comic songs, spoken word.. a lot of songs are dated, but some are really great.
Give me a week or so and I might come up with a good collection.

Hello Nicolas, can you give me a list of artists you want to show here.

Romain
Do what you want. If I find the time, maybe I'll do Bashung this week.

Alain SOUCHON

PART I

All Music Guide
Biography by Jason Ankeny

Widely considered the godfather of contemporary French pop, singer/songwriter Alain Souchon captured the precarious masculinity of postmodern man with uncommon tenderness and whimsy. Often working in partnership with composer Laurent Voulzy, his music explored themes both personal and political with poetic grace, firmly establishing its creator as the spiritual heir to the traditions of Jacques Brel and Georges Brassens. Born Alain Kienast on May 27, 1944, in Casablanca, Morocco, he was raised in Paris from the age of six months onward. A shy, deeply introspective child, he retreated further into his shell in 1959, when the family suffered an automobile accident that left his father dead. While their mother published pulp romance novels to keep the family afloat, Alain and his siblings moved in with their grandmother, whose habitual radio listening introduced him to the great artists of France's chanson past. In 1961, he was sent to London to study at the Lycée Français but fared poorly, writing poetry and prose while ignoring his academic workload. Souchon nevertheless remained in London, working as a bartender before returning to Paris, where he began learning guitar and writing songs influenced by Britain's new generation of rock & roll bands. After years playing small clubs on Paris' Left Bank, Souchon finally landed a record deal in 1971, issuing his debut single, "Je Suis un Voyageur," on the Pathé Marconi label. Two additional releases followed, both of them meeting the same grim commercial fate that befell their predecessor, and the contract was swiftly terminated.

Souchon's songs nevertheless captured the attention of RCA A&R director Bob Socquet, who in 1973 encouraged him to submit "L'Amour 1830," a song he'd written for Italian singer Frédéric François, to Antibes' annual Rose d'Or competition. Souchon performed the composition himself and won the critic's prize and a special press prize. Even more significantly, by year's end he began working with composer Laurent Voulzy, like Souchon a frustrated singer/songwriter whose gifts as a composer perfectly complemented his new partner's skills as a lyricist. In 1974 Souchon and Voulzy issued their debut LP, J'ai 10 Ans, scoring their breakthrough hit with the title cut.

"J'ai 10 ans" - 1974 One of my favourite

A year later, Bidon cemented their new star status, earning widespread critical acclaim as well.

"Bidon" - 1976 One of my favourite

While 1977's Jamais Content launched Souchon's signature song, "Allô Maman Bobo," the duo also scored with the Voulzy solo single "Rockcollection," and in the years to follow their solo careers both flourished, each collaborator balancing the strengths and weaknesses of the other.

"Jamais content" - 1977

"J'ai perdu tout c'que j'aimais" - 1977

Alain Souchon:"J'ai perdu tout ce que... par RolandMathieu

"Y'a d'la rumba dans l'air" - 1977

"Allo maman bobo !" - 1977 One of my favourite

Souchon's 1978 effort Toto 30 Ans proved his darkest, most disillusioned collection to date, but the singles "Le Bagad de Lann Bihoue" and "Papa Mambo" were nevertheless massive chart hits. The album also contained "L'Amour en Fuite," commissioned by filmmaker François Truffaut as the title theme for his feature of the same name.

"Le Bagad de Lann Bihoue" - 1978

"Le dégoût" - 1978

"Papa Mambo" - 1978

"L'amour en fuite" - 1978 One of my favourite

Following 1980's Rame, Souchon made his debut in front of the camera, co-starring in the Claude Berri film Je Vous Aime and playing the same kind of fragile, haunted character he first introduced with his music.

"On s'aime pas" - 1980

ALAIN SOUCHON " ON NE S 'AIME PAS " par cannelle72

"Manivelle" - 1980 One of my favourite

"Somerset Maugham" - 1980 One of my favourite

Souchon continued his infatuation with cinema throughout the early '80s, co-starring opposite Yves Montand and Catherine Deneuve in the 1981 Jean-Paul Rappeneau hit Tout Feu Tout Flame and earning critical raves for his work alongside Isabelle Adjani in 1983's L'Eté Meurtrier. Only in the autumn of 1983 did Souchon release a new LP, On Avance :

"On avance" - 1983

Alain SOUCHON

Part II

They nevertheless resumed their collaboration in full soon after, retreating to Brittany and Saint-Tropez to co-write Souchon's 1985 follow-up, C'est Comme Vous Voulez, which scored the hit "La Ballade de Jim."

"C'est comme vous voulez" - 1985

"La ballade de jim" - 1985

"J'veux du cuir" - 1985

After a double-bill tour with Véronique Sanson, he returned to film with 1987's Jacques Doillon-directed Comédie, co-starring Jane Birkin. In the summer of 1989, Souchon headlined a month-long stint at Paris' prestigious Théâtre des Champs-Elysées in support of his newest LP, Ultra Moderne Solitude. "Quand Je Serrais KO," written in tandem with Voulzy, later earned Victoires de la Musique honors as song of the year.

"ultra moderne solitude" - 1988

"Les cadors" - 1988

"Quand j'serais KO" - 1988 One of my favourite

"La beauté d'Ava Gardner" - 1988 One of my favourite

Souchon next resurfaced in 1993 with the critical and commercial smash C'est Déjà Ça, an album highlighted by its lead single, "Foule Sentimentale," which quickly emerged as something of a contemporary French standard. The following February, he earned Victoires de la Musique awards in the categories of Best Song of the Year and Best Male Artist, and that fall headlined three sold-out performances at the Zenith, the subject of the live release Défoule Sentimentale.

"Foule Sentimale" - 1993 One of my favourite

"L'amour à la machine" - 1993

"Sous les jupes des filles" - 1993 One of my favourite

"Les regrets" - 1993

"C'est déjà ça" - 1993 One of my favourite

Souchon and Voulzy next teamed with their respective sons Pierre and Julien (who previously collaborated in the pop group Les Cherche Midi) to contribute material to a 1994 benefit album assembled for the children's AIDS charity Solidarité Enfants Sida. Souchon also toured in honor of the charity, additionally performing at two benefit gigs for the organization Restaurants de Coeur. His next official album, Aux Ras des Pâquerettes, appeared in 1999, and a year later he launched a 140-date tour that extended into 2001, quickly followed by a brief acoustic trek.

"Rive gauche" - 1999

"Caterpillar" - 1999

"Un baiser" - 1999 One of my favourite

"Pardon" - 1999

"C'était menti" - 1999

"Au ras des paquerettes" - 1999

In February 2005, upon the 20th anniversary of the Victoires de la Musique awards, he received a special Victoire honor celebrating the continued popularity and influence of "Foule Sentimentale, and that autumn released La Vie Theodore, a concept album inspired in part by French geographer Théodore Monod.

"Et si en plus y'a personne" - 2005

Souchon turned 60 in 2008, and his pace seemed to slow in the months and years to follow.
In 2008, the album Ecoutez d'où ma peine vient is released

"La vie ne vaut rien" - 2008 One of my favourite

Jeanne MOREAU

23/01/1928 - .....

Fabulous Jeanne Moreau

All Music Guide
by Jason Birchmeier

Jeanne Moreau is an icon of the French cinema who also experienced a streak of success as a vocalist during the 1960s. Born on January 23, 1928, in Paris, she broke into the film industry during the 1950s, appearing most notably in a pair of 1958 films by Louis Malle, Ascenseur Pour l'Échafaud and Les Amants. Following her breakthrough success in these films, she appeared in a long line of others by prominent directors, most notably François Truffaut, who immortalized her in his classic Jules et Jim (1962), as well as Jean-Luc Godard (A Woman Is a Woman, 1961), Michelangelo Antonioni (La Notte, 1961), Orson Welles (The Trial, 1962), Luis Buñuel (Diary of a Chambermaid, 1964), Rainer Werner Fassbinder (Querelle, 1982), and Wim Wenders (Until the End of the World, 1991). Moreau's recording career as a vocalist was sparked by her memorable performance of the song "Le Tourbillon" in Jules et Jim. Released as a 45-rpm single by Philips in 1962, "Le Tourbillon" was written by Cyrus Bassiak (born Serge Rezvani).

"Le tourbillon" - 1962

The full-length album Jeanne Moreau (1963), comprised of a dozen songs by Rezvani, was released on the Disques Jacques Canetti label in the wake of "Le Tourbillon." Subsequent silver-screen singing performances of note include the songs "Embrasse-Moi," a Bassiak song from the film Peau de Banane (1963), and "Ah les P'tites Femmes de Paris," a duet with Brigitte Bardot from the film Viva Maria (1965). There was also another full-length album of Bassiak songs released on Disques Jacques Canetti, 12 Chansons (1966). Moreau's two full-lengths were later compiled by the British label Él on The Immortal Jeanne Moreau (200 . Numerous other best-of collections were compiled over the years, most of them featuring soundtrack recordings such as "Le Tourbillon" alongside material from her full-lengths.

"J'ai la mémoire qui flanche"

"Je suis à prendre ou à laisser"

And an fantastic song, one of my all time favourite :
"India Song" - 1975

Yodelice

2009-...

All music Guide
Yodelice is a French pop singer/songwriter who made his full-length debut in 2009 with the international hit album Tree of Life. Born Maxim Nucci on February 23, 1979, in Créteil, France, he began playing music at a young age and studied for a while in England. He began his professional music career around the turn of the century, when he established himself as a hitmaking producer and songwriter. His first major success was as the producer of the Popstars-spawned girl group L5, including the chart-topping smash hit "Toutes les Femmes de Ta Vie" (2001) and the Top Ten hit "Une Étincelle" (2002). He subsequently worked with Star Academy winner Jenifer Bartoli (generally known as simply Jenifer), writing and producing the hit singles "Serre-Moi" (2005), "Tourner Ma Page" (2007), and "Comme un Hic" (2008). He also collaborated with French pop singer Ginie Line on the Top 20 hit single "Jusqu'à la Tolérance" (2005). In the midst of this success, Nucci made his full-length solo debut in 2006 with the eponymous album Maxim Nucci, a French-language effort released in association with Mercury Records. While the album wasn't a hit, Nucci had much greater success a few years later with Tree of Life (2009), an English-language effort released on Mercury Records under the moniker Yodelice. The lead single "Sunday with a Flu" was a hit in not only France but also neighboring Francophone countries Switzerland and Belgium. Written in conjunction with Marianne Groves, Tree of Life peaked at number 11 on the French albums chart.

Sunday with a flu - 2009

Talk to me - 2010 - In the "Les petits mouchoirs" movie

In 2010, his second album, Cardioid, contains two hits.

More than meets the eyes - 2010

My blood is burning - 2010