The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The "I just discovered..." thread

It's more intimate than Eli, the first three tracks makes that clear. Gibson Street and Mercy on Broadway are beyond amazing in execution. The album as a whole is a terrific experiment in melodies and lyrical image. Laura deserves her top 500 status long overdue. She's beyond underrated, it feels almost like a crime.

The Replacements - Unsatisfied
Sandy Denny - North Star Grassman and the Ravens
Robyn - Hang With Me
The Weeknd - High For This
Jackson C. Frank - Dialogue
The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday

Anthony

I switch off between this and Alex Chilton as my favorite Mats song.

John
Anthony

I switch off between this and Alex Chilton as my favorite Mats song.

Let It Be was my best discovery last month and i would vote Androgynous or I Will Dare as my fav of all time.

I fall on the Androgynous side as well

Drum's Not Dead by the Liars. I haven't discovered it per se, since I'd actually heard it quite a lot and knew most of the songs already, but I listened to it last night all the way through, properly for the first time, and a strange sort of beauty creeped through. Anyone else like this album?

Black Star - Respiration has become one of my 5 favorite hip-hop songs. Unbelievable lyrics and delivery by three very talented MCs (Mos Def, Talib Kweli, and Common).

Re: The "I just rediscovered 1992..." thread

anyone elsa?

Random rediscoveries after seeing nj's post and searching for "similar artists" (not necessarily from 1992).

no sand... Killer shared these synth riffs that Smoke On The Water only could've dreamt of... and while Sinéad, Lady Kier and Betty Boo dealt the real sh-boom of 1990... the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ended up as the truest of all deep ands..

The Wombats.