Go to the NEW FORUM
Everybody pretends nj is a girl when...
1) He already posted that he is male.
2) His FB profile is obviously male.
3) I don't think a single girl on earth has heard of half the artists he likes.
edit: 4) still wondering if there is any single female out there on planeto earth who has ever made it to the Acclaimed Music Forum anyway (and exceptions like the REGs WAGs [Tracy, realjade, Sophie, Rune's next top model bride etc.] don't really count...)
second edit: but did they get it...?
I will admit I though NJ was a woman for a while...
speaking of child hoods... i really, really wish that Connelly and Ludo were one and the same...
Up until two minutes ago I still thought Netjade was female and I'm friends with him on Facebook. You had a profile pic forever which I'm now assuming is a girlfriend and I just always assumed that was you.
Yeah he's a good poster but he still checks once in a blue moon. Plus, I'm friends with him on Facebook so I almost forgot he doesn't post much anymore.
Somebody told me nj was female when I was polling people's nationalities during the 00's film game.
There's no reason a female can't have nj's taste, but I guess a female would be more diplomatic about it.
Updated List (Compiled mostly from previous entries)
Honorable mentions: Stephan loves Bob Dylan and anything that sounds Dylan-y. Honorio’s reveals are legendary, even if polls that ended in January do drag into June. Schleuse doesn’t like the Doors. Nick's lists are coincidentally (and unwittingly) all equal to the ones in AM rank. BillAdama likes rap music but doesn't like rappers.
30. HRS loves Joanna Newsom (and other female singers)
29. Stephan loves compiling polls in one thread
28. Moonbeam uses the word “adore” more than any man should
27. nj doesn't like The Arcade Fire
26. Romain doesn’t understand nj (Something to do with a language barrier)
25. STEFAN LOVES CAPSLOCK
24. Moonbeam doesn't like The Beatles
23. Mindrocker can’t help himself (No, we don’t need to know what your 184th favorite song of 2001 is)
22. Listyguy likes everything prior to 1972 and hates the rest (He claims 1995)
21. Moonbeam doesn’t like The Suburbs
20. nicolas doesn't like “cold” music
19. BillAdama is smarter than almost everyone
18. greg doesn't like Animal Collective
17. Kevin loves the shit out of anything in the Animal Collective (Even the last crappy Panda Bear album)
16. Romain can’t stand Bob Dylan (See No. 26)
15. Schleuse is from Texas (Not really, but apparently he wishes he was)
14. Jonathon DOES like Wilco (a LOT)
13. We all enjoy partaking in polls or making lists way too much, even to the point of hijacking other threads to do so.
12. Moonbeam hates … well, a lot of stuff, let’s just go with the Who for starters
11. Oh yeah, Moonbeam hates the Beatles
10. Sonofsamiam loves any music that is made by musicians of African descent. (We’re all of African descent, but some more recently than others)
9. Nicolas is French, and as a citizen of that country is required to express his love of Jacques Brel (This is a two-fer)
8. nj is keeping Gramscian postmodern critique of capitalist hegemony alive through a ludic praxis of difference. Hey, somebody has to.
7. Henry can’t stand the Velvet Underground (Something to do with their droning sound)
6. Henrik likes math (No AM without this fact)
5. Moonbeam loves prince to the point of making his AM handle a reference to an obscure Prince song
4. schleuse DOES like R.E.M. (but doesn’t suggest that anyone who doesn’t is a Taliban)
3. JR loves Madonna, refers to her as Madge and posts any list that has an album or song of hers on it.
2. A majority of this forum likes Radiohead … I mean REALLY likes Radiohead
1. Moonbeam can’t stand the fucking Beatles. GOT IT!
Note: This list is intended for entertainment purposes only, no personal offense is intended. The contents of this list maybe republished or rebroadcast without the author’s consent.
Great summary, Rocky!
Runner-up: Rocky Raccoon sometimes forget how to spell his name. (Something also tells me that you took this name without knowing the origin and/or that you hate the song - did I dream this or have you actually said this?)
Again, no personal offense is intended.
I may be good at math, but if I was really that smart I'd be making more money.
Looks like I need to adopt a more ridiculous persona on the forum so I can make the top 30.
Rocky : great list, post of the day !!!!
Nicolas is French, and as a citizen of that country is required to express his love of Jacques Brel (This is a two-fer)
Jacques Brel was Belgian, but most French people pretend they ignore it (as every French-speaking Belgian artist like Hergé; because we think we are superior to them and make bad jokes about them because we're jealous)
and where's the two-fer ? is that a) nicolas is French
b) he's required to express his love of JB ?
Oh, Joanna (L)
Great lists, everyone.
superfurry always post his list just after mine in the decade polls (i.e. the last day)
chrisf used to hit on netjade (little did he know)
Alex D loves great rock music AND mainstream pop (but is not ashamed of it, which is what saves him)
In another life, Henry was a roadie for REO Speedwagon
Dan M lives in the UK AND loves French music
all the younger AMers say "awesome" when they like something very much
Nassim is the only French guy in Puppermattaz (or whatever it spells) fanclub (but he likes Elliott Smith too)
Well, in fact that joke isn't mine , it's by the creator of this thread.
I lused to love America too (and even REO S yes I admit it)when I was a teen , but I haven't listened to them since. I'd be curious