Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Your Music Collection

How many cds do you have vs. number of digital albums?
For me,roughly 400cds/600 downloaded albums

Re: Your Music Collection

About 230 cd's / 40 digital albums

Very little downloaded music though.

Slightly more than 300 CDs
And more than 1100 hours of music on my computer, 99% being full albums or compilations

It's tough to say because I've backed up my CDs into my digital collection. RYM says I have 354 CDs and 630 LPs but it's more than that because of classical records that aren't on RYM. That still doesn't even come close to a couple AM'ers.

I've only recently begun building a physical music collection, so I'm only up to about 50. On my computer though, I'm well over 2000.

Back in the 90's / early 00's I was all over CD's, my wall holder is full at 944 and I have a couple of bins loaded with a few hundred more. Just within the past year have I started purchasing CD's again.

I also started purchasing vinyl a few years back and have about 100 albums, most of which I was able to snag for under $6.00. I would love to buy new releases, but I cannot justify the costs in most cases.

From 2005-2009 I downloaded a ton of albums, compilations, greatest hits torrents both legally and the other thing. Not sure just how many I have, but a friend of mine transferrred all my digital music to his hard drive and it was over 22,000 songs...

I normally think in terms of number of songs now so I'd just be estimating really but around 1300 cds,and about 800 downloaded albums. I rarely buy new albums,too expensive. The stuff I download now is mainly either multi-disc box sets that are too expensive,new albums or out of print/rare albums.

Probably about 30 CDs and 500 digital albums, only about 20% of the latter actually purchased. Collecting music is going to be so much more satisfying when I have an income.

London Calling - found in a supermarket - and 1737 digital albums.

800 physical, 10 digital

Mostly ones that are absurdly expensive physically.

I prefer physical for two main reasons.

1) There is not yet a service where, if my music files get erased, I can re-download for free anything I've already paid for.

2) Going to the record store is fun.

BillAdama
2) Going to the record store is fun.

BillAdama

1) There is not yet a service where, if my music files get erased, I can re-download for free anything I've already paid for.

Oh no?

900 physical, 0 digital

BillAdama
2) Going to the record store is fun

If only my town had one of these

BillAdama
800 physical, 10 digital

Mostly ones that are absurdly expensive physically.

I prefer physical for two main reasons.

I believe Amazon's new Cloud service offers a similar feature.

Amazon isn't free for that many albums. Doesn't iTunes allow you to redownload songs you've already purchased? I know they allow that for apps.

The reason I don't buy digital downloads is because you either don't get lossless or have to pay a premium to buy a lossless album. In most cases it costs more to buy a lossless album than buying the actual CD. Screw that.

Jay
How many cds do you have vs. number of digital albums?
For me,roughly 400cds/600 downloaded albums

i got six cadillacs, five lincolns, four fords, six mercuries, three t-birds, mustard... ooh, and hats off to everyone who had the nerve to chat with me... ooooooohhhhh, i'm an AMMMer.. daaa-buh-da-dup..

nj

i got six cadillacs, five lincolns, four fords, six mercuries, three t-birds, mustard... ooh, and hats off to everyone who had the nerve to chat with me... ooooooohhhhh, i'm an AMMMer.. daaa-buh-da-dup..

LOL - good one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKlCA0-Arks