Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Allmusic updated the ratings of some 2000s seminal records

Miranda Lambert - Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Re: Allmusic updated the ratings of some 2000s seminal records

HRS
So far right now: Kid A, Turn On The Bright Lights, Back To Black, Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not, White Blood Cells, The College Dropout, Late Registration, Rated R, Songs for the Deaf, Arular (Kala is still 4.5), Oh, Inverted World, American Idiot, Since I Left You, Untrue and Funeral are all rated 5 stars!

Happy to see that "Oh, Inverted World" gets 5 stars. It's my personal favourite of the 00's.

For the rest, my opinion: AllMusic is incomplete (a lot of albums missing), is very US oriented and since a few years I'm completely ignoring their star ratings. I only go there once in a while to read album reviews.

Heavy metal 10 album boost in 5-starred albums.

Metal releases got a 10 album boost in 5-starred albums. Isis' Oceanic, Mastodon's Leviathan, Opeth's Blackwater Park, Napalm Death's Scum, Electric Wizard's Dopesmoker, Darktrone's A Blaze in the Northern Sky, In Flames' Jester Race, At The Gates' Slaughter of the Soul and Neurosis' Through Silver In Blood. I still can't get over the Rickie Lee drop.

Sorry,
edited a few minutes later cause I forgot to mention Emperor's In the Nightside Eclipse

I'm still waiting for a 5-star 00's latin music release. Hopefully Frank Reyes will get it and Aventura will drop to 2 stars..

Amy Winehouse, rest in peace.

Re: Heavy metal 10 album boost in 5-starred albums.

Origin's Entity has 5 stars. A 2011 extreme metal release with 5 stars and no review proper. Just like Shining's Blackjazz that got 5 stars and got dropped to 4.5. And since when is Aqualung 4.5? And another thing, Wilco's reviewers mixed and confused Yankee Hotel with Summerteeth.

Re: Heavy metal 10 album boost in 5-starred albums.

korikafedz
Origin's Entity has 5 stars. A 2011 extreme metal release with 5 stars and no review proper. Just like Shining's Blackjazz that got 5 stars and got dropped to 4.5. And since when is Aqualung 4.5? And another thing, Wilco's reviewers mixed and confused Yankee Hotel with Summerteeth.
Both Summerteeth and YHF deserve 5 stars.