Go to the NEW FORUM
Post your top 10 sexiest women in music. Past or present.
In no particular order:
1.Scarlett Johansson (yes,she's done an album)
4.Shania Twain(late 90s)
5.Britney Spears(before she went off the rails)
6.Christina Aguilera(early 2000s)
7.Geri Halliwell(early 2000s)
1. Britney at the top of her game
2. Jessica Simpson at her peak
3. Scarlett Johansson (forgot she counted)
4. Beyonce at the top of her game
5. Katharine McPhee
6. Taylor Swift
7. Nicole Scherzinger
8. Rashida Jones (barely cheating)
9. Hayden Panettiere
10. Aly Michalka
I was very much thinking along the same lines as Tim E, but then I saw Midaso's post. And, well, Midaso's right.
1. Zooey Deschanel
2. Aimee Mann
3. Helena Noguerra
4. Michelle Phillips
5. Françoise Hardy
6. Sandie Shaw
7. Helena Miquel
8. Cat Power
9. Isobel Campbell
10. Dominique Durand
Thought I'd link to our previous discussion of this topic. It was proposed that we have a hot men of music topic also, but that never got off the ground.
I'm only going to include women I have crushed on based upon their musical work (including album covers, promotional photos, music videos, singing and dancing in musical films and, of course, their voice/musicianship). This excludes Johannson, who is undeniably sexy, but largely because of various cleavage-baring red carpet dresses and that opening scene in Lost in Translation, rather than from Tom Waits covers. So even though I am crushing on Charlotte Gainsbourg currently, I'll exclude her because that is more to do with The Science of Sleep and less to do with IRM (an album that I actually do like a lot).
Note, these are my crushes... an important subset of the overly large number of women who I think are cute, pretty, sexy, and/or hot. So to that extent, I suppose I'm off topic, although all of these women are sexy in one way or another. In chronological order (when I developed my crush):
1) Olivia Newton-John as virginal Sandy Dumbrowski... my wife thinks it says a lot about me that 9 year old Schwah much preferred Sandy before the perm and leather get-up.
2) Susanna Hoffs - In particular, at this exact moment:
3) Ginger Rogers - She wan't the prettiest (although undoubtedly pretty), and even though she was a great dancer, it wasn't the dancing. It was the incredibly flirtatious interplay between her and Astaire in both their dialogue and their singing.
4) Michelle Phillips - Based entirely on her California golden-haired looks, which epitomized a certain ideal for me at a certain age.
5) Blossom Dearie - Again, like Rogers, she's not the prettiest. Certainly not the flashiest. Just quietly, flirtatiously, sexy. Lots of promise of things to come.
6) Nina Gordon/Louise Post - I couldn't decide between them, and in my dirtiest fantasies I did not have to. (Did I say that out loud?)
7) Justine Frischman - The yin...
8) Sarah Cracknell - ...and yang of British temptresses.
9) Mary Weiss - I've already sung her praises enough on these boards. When I say I'm in love, you best believe I'm in love, L-U-V.
10) Tammi Terrell - She's really cute, and her performances with Gaye were such magic.
I like them too
Laura Nyro in her Eli days. Then she stopped caring about her looks - ironically that's when people started to photograph her
Sorry i don't know how to deal with images and not make them look big.
Does Maryln Monroe count for singing Happy Brithday to Kennedy?
I need to think about my top 10, but at the top of the list would be...
Harriet Wheeler from The Sundays & Belinda Carlisle circa 1986 - 1991.
I've always like Meg White.
Shirley Manson from Garbage
Nina Persson of The Cardigans
You could probably turn this into a top 50...
I would have sounded like a total perve if I listed her but Cherie Currie grew up into a gorgeous sex symbol in the 80s and even through last decade she was a total MILF. Another sex symbol in the trashiest sense was Wendy O' Williams. Not to be confused with the trashy talk show host.
Britney Spears was sexy, but I never found Jessica Simpson that sexy. Yeah, a still of her looks sexy, but part of sexiness is charisma and gesture style. She has an ugly gesture style. Ditto Fergie.
Madonna, definitely. I'm having trouble coming up with a lot of names because I don't see pictures of pop stars that often. Rihanna, yes. I suppose all those pop stars are probably sexy, or else they wouldn't have a contract. I don't know, I prefer it when women look like they're not wearing makeup.
Kate Bush <3