Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Final Decade Poll

Hey, would anybody be interested in a poll combining all of the decade polls from over the past few years? It won't start until the 2000's poll is done, of course. It could be done in a variety of ways, but I was thinking everyone could reorder lists of 100 songs and 100 albums taken from the results of the decade polls. Here's my suggestion for the breakdown:

Albums: Top 10 from the 1950's, Top 18 from everything else

Songs: Top 10 from 1900-1949, Top 15 from everything else

or something along those lines. This could be the culmination of all of these wonderful decade polls, and it's great for forum newcomers like me because you don't need much knowledge about music, all you have to do is listen to all the albums and songs and rank them. Please let me know what you guys think about this!

Re: Final Decade Poll

This sounds like a good idea, but we already do all-time polls (using a straightforward point system, not taking into account what people have heard or not) quite regularly and I suppose that if we do a "decade-style" all-time poll the next "normal" all-time poll will take place later than otherwise. I personally don't mind about this but maybe others do.

Henrik
This sounds like a good idea, but we already do all-time polls (using a straightforward point system, not taking into account what people have heard or not) quite regularly and I suppose that if we do a "decade-style" all-time poll the next "normal" all-time poll will take place later than otherwise. I personally don't mind about this but maybe others do.

I'm not a fan of this idea, as I tend to favor albums that don't make the cut in the decade polls.

Yeah, I think this would be too similar to the 'all time' poll, only without surprises.