Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AM Survivor: Round 3, Week 1

Who we won’t see in round 3:
24. Aretha Franklin (15 Points)
23. Outkast (9)
Who will (barely): Joy Division (8), Michael Jackson (8)
Please Note: Because Michael Jackson and Joy Division finished tied with votes, and there was a tie for the revival, and many did not respond with an artist to revive, the revival has been nulled, and instead both artist will advance to the third round. From here on out, only two artists are voted off each week.

Now, let the games begin! We are down to 22 artists. Here, please post two artists want you off the “Island” out of the remaining artists. Please see the Rules Thread for the complete set of rules. Remember that one artist get 2 points and the next gets 1.

The Remaining Artists:
The Beach Boys, Chuck Berry, James Brown, Johnny Cash, The Clash, Miles Davis, Marvin Gaye, Jimi Hendrix, Michael Jackson, Joy Division, The Kinks, Led Zeppelin, Prince, Otis Redding, R.E.M., The Rolling Stones, Sly and the Family Stone, The Smiths, Bruce Springsteen, Talking Heads, Stevie Wonder, Neil Young

Re: AM Survivor: Round 3, Week 1

This is definitely not the final 22 I was anticipating. The singular vote has now deteriorated in value. If this shows too many ties, however, I will up it to three again.

-2 Miles Davis
-1 Joy Division

2 - Miles Davis
1 - Sly And The Family Stone

-2 Joy Division
-1 Talking Heads

-2 Miles Davis
-1 James Brown

Just out of curiosity, what was the tie involving artists to be redeemed?

Nobody here likes jazz?

-2 Michael Jackson
-1 Chuck Berry

-2 Beach Boys
-1 Sly

In the revival thing I was just trying to guess what Moonbeam would do and vote the same way, hoping for an untoppable 9-vote total, to prevent the artists I didn't want from being revived.

This game was more fun in the few weeks when people were trying strategery.

I'm not too surprised by most of this final round. It's mostly groups with no serious detractors, which is what you expect from a Survivor game.

Suggestion if there are too many ties: Make it -3 and -2 instead of -2 and -1. Or even -5 and -3. Something that makes it hard for different combinations of votes to result in the same total.

-2 The Smiths
-1 Led Zeppelin

-2 Led Zeppelin
-1 Johnny Cash

Jackson
Nobody here likes jazz?

No

-2 Led Zeppelin
-1 Sly and the Family Stone

-2 : Johnny Cash
-1 : Bruce Springsteen

Moonbeam
Just out of curiosity, what was the tie involving artists to be redeemed?

There was a tie between the Cure, who you gave 4 to, and Bob Dylan, who Biladama gave his 3 to and I gave one of my 4 to.

-2 Michael Jackson
-1 Miles Davis

Oh, huh, I thought I'd voted for the Cure. I guess I switched to Dylan at the last minute. Should have stuck with my guns and tried to match MB.

I don't think anyone hates jazz, we just don't listen to it much. Personally I see jazz as something you listen to live, not recorded.

-2 Michael Jackson
-1 Sly and the Family Stone

I like jazz a lot and listen to it quite frequently. Whatever Midaso en Bill say...

Miles Davis was one of my last hopes, actually. But in vain, apparently.

-2 Joy Division
-1 Miles Davis

-2 Miles Davis
-1 James Brown

-2 Chuck Berry
-1 Otis Redding

BillAdama

I don't think anyone hates jazz, we just don't listen to it much. Personally I see jazz as something you listen to live, not recorded.

"Jazz is strictly for stay at homes" - Buddy Holly

-2 Jimi Hendrix
-1 James Brown

BillAdama

At this point, all the artists are overall favorites by at least a few on the forum. And I had a teacher once that said that jazz isn't likely to be your favorite type of music, but you're not likely to hate it either.

-2 Talking Heads
-1 Otis Redding

-2 Joy Division
-1 Sly & The Family Stone

-2: Johhny Cash
-1: Sly & the Family Stone

Voting for the week is closed.