Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Train: Yay or Nay?

Train is one of the only "popular" bands today that I enjoy listening to. If you don't like them, do you like any popular bands or artists today? (By that I mean their songs play on the radio, or they are pretty well known) :)

Re: Train: Yay or Nay?

I say yay to Train. Not exactly my favorites, but I truly enjoy listening to their well-performed accessible songs.

If you like Train, there is a good chance that you'll also enjoy Coldplay.

Yay to Drops of Jupiter, nay to anything else.

There's a few bands that played on the radio in the 90's I like. Stuff currently playing on the radio though is pretty dreadful.

I heard The Tallest Man On Earth on a random channel on the radio as I woke up the other day. I turned into a devoted listener of the channel that played it, but they couldn't live up to the expectations. Back to the buzzer.

Nay, to everything I know from Train, I'm afraid. I'm sorry to say so, but I don't like them at all. Doesn't necessarily mean I don't like pop, I kind a like (the early) Coldplay for example. But I really don't know what regular radio stations play these days. I prefer to be able to choose the music I listen to myself anyway.

Nay. But i do enjoy some mainstream artists that critics don't go all crazy for in EOYs (sometimes they make it like Miranda Lambert and Sheryl Crow) and this stuff they are mostly females like: Adele, Jazmine Sullivan, Nelly Furtado, Kelly Clarkson, etc... The thing is that until the late 90s, there were a good amount of mainstream artists that managed to sell and have heavy rotation on TV and radio that were worthy. These days is almost banal, they release a so so single that sounds like everything on radio or like other songs of themselves and albums full of filler. The way they samples older songs, basically using the same chorus and melody. There are 4 David Guetta produced songs that when it plays on a party i have no idea which is which. They all sound like I Gotta Feeling that had its melody copied from a French song. It's awful. When a mainstream artist releases a good track, the album is full of filler. Katy Perry and Lady Gaga claim to be forward thinking artists but everything they do has been done and better by the likes of Annie, Robyn, even Kylie Minogue. Gaga has a great way to deal with image, but her music is underwhelming and the way that she talks about it, like it is the most groundbreaking stuff ever, when they are only the same RedOne produced track over and over again. Born This Way album of the decade? Does she had any idea of what it came out last year and the competition she will be facing? I gotta say a huge Thanks You for internet, without it i would never love the artists i came to discover and this forum, too. In my world pop music in 2010 was Best Coast, Sleigh Bells and Ariel Pink; not the whole Flo Rida, Katy Perry and Black Eyed Peas people think it was.

Nay times 8 billion.
Train is an awful group. I had a little respect for them until Hey Soul Sister came out. What's worse is my band makes me play that awful song!

Oh, Hey Soul Sister is Train?

I approve of that one on the grounds that anything that gets played at work and is not cringe-inducing is a positive thing.

Seriously, you would not believe the crap they play. Half of it is some guy who can't even hit his notes wallowing in self pity.

Every time they play a Train song, it means they're not playing 'You don't know what it's like...welcome to my life!' (The singer is clearly a suburban kid with an allowance).

BillAdama
Every time they play a Train song, it means they're not playing 'You don't know what it's like...welcome to my life!' (The singer is clearly a suburban kid with an allowance).

BillAdama

They play Simple Plan at your work? Ugh! They used to play Ashlee Simpson and Hilary Duff at my old school. "Cause perfect didn't feel so perfect. Trying to fit a square into a circle was no life. I defy"

Bad, bad music. Only got worse after they started playing Disney acts like Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus and Demi Lovato. Double Ugh!

Weak yay. Some of their stuff is good, but some stuff off the new album makes me say "why on Earth would this even be written?" Even so, Train is far from my favorite artist, but there are far, far worse out there.

Nay. I'm a fan of 70's and 80's soft rock but 90's and 00's soft rock is really awful. It's music made for gas stations and Applebees.

Only Drops of Jupiter really - that 2nd single off the latest album,If It's Love and it's video sort of make me laugh,but it's pretty weak. Train seem to show up every 4 years or so with one big,inescapable single then disappear again. I like some Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga but I'd never get through an album...

Yay to their early albums. Their debut is actually pretty decent. I remember liking it a lot back in the day. I bought it on a game me and my friend were playing where we'd go down the music isle with eyes closed and we'd have to grab an album and whatever we grabbed we had to buy. I got Train's debut. I could've done a lot worse, that's for sure!

i always figured Drops Of Jupiter as a decent bonus track on the Be Here Now extended version.

But tell me did you sail across the seeeunnn
did you make it to the milky wayyy
to see the lights all feeaaading
and that heaven is overrated yeah yeah

that's a .kay?.

I was just thinking of this the other day.
While I wouldn't really consider myself a big Train fan, I do enjoy most of their hit singles ("Meet Virginia," "Drops of Jupiter," "Calling All Angels," "When I Look to the Sky," "Hey Soul Sister," etc.). I don't have any interest in purchasing any of their studio albums, but I would buy a Greatest Hits album of theirs.

Nay. Sorry, but I really can't stand Train.

i would rather listen to ke$ha