Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
R.I.P. Trish Keenan (Broadcast)

Just stumbled upon some sad news: Trish Keenan, lead singer of the British group Broadcast (3 of whose albums appear on the AM top 3000), died today at the age of 42, of complications from pneumonia she contracted while traveling.

Here's a link to a heartfelt and personal remembrance by Nitsuh Abebe from NEW YORK magazine, which is where I learned about this:

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/01/remembering_trish_keenan_the_e.html

Now. This.

Sucks. Completely.

when The Noise Made By People came out, me and my best pal at that time agreed on the notion that there was something very, very Dorothy Moskowitzesque about her vocal style... well Broadcast didn't exactly turn out the way we foresaw even though they actually chose the route electrique - but their mash up with the Focus Group was one hell of a project and this is why it even

Sucks. Doublementely.

have your share, Trish, have you share..

edit: blooper moment: The Last Broadcast?... yeah... right

Re: R.I.P. Trish Keenan (Broadcast)

This is poorly-timed news since I had just started listening to Broadcast. I didn't like HaHa Sound as much as I expected, but I have high hopes for Tender Buttons and their collaboration with the Focus Group from 2009.