Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Peter Gabriel - So (First Listen)

Just the other day I purchased "So". I haven't had time to really sit down and enjoy it until this moment. I am not familiar with any of his work, other than the very occasional chance that it pops up on the radio, and Martin Scorsese's "The Last Temptation Of Christ". The film was amazing, and the score even better.SO thats where I'm at. Just wondering if anyone had anything to say about this album. Like? Dislike?

Re: Peter Gabriel - So (First Listen)

The hits are great,the other songs are a bit 'meh'...

may i dare to speak on Sonofsamiam_etc's behalf? if so: try out Gabriel's 3 and 4, too. as i noticed and witnessed via some really fluky watching-apathically-at-my-unplugged-vacuum-cleaner-doing-shit-with-me-half-ass-listening-to-them-epiphanies, they're both much more worth it in a doublemuch more redeeming way of transcending that you than you can ever hope of So doing So.

this.

I was hoping for a great album when I bought it, but I was let down. It's not bad, but it's just a bit... bland. I still like the big singles and "Red Rain", but I haven't listened to the album much since I bought it.

Moonbeam
I was hoping for a great album when I bought it, but I was let down. It's not bad, but it's just a bit... bland.

uhhh... please stop with those blood.libel TehSuburbs references. everybody in here already knows about us. both of our opinions are neither genuine nor desirable anymore.. we're just petty Armond White clones with headless laser sharks..

nj
Moonbeam
I was hoping for a great album when I bought it, but I was let down. It's not bad, but it's just a bit... bland.

uhhh... please stop with those blood.libel TehSuburbs references. everybody in here already knows about us. both of our opinions are neither genuine nor desirable anymore.. we're just petty Armond White clones with headless laser sharks..

Definitely one of my biggest discoveries of 2010. I did not think I'd like this album at all but it would definitely make a top 100 list for mr now.

So is one my top 50 albums of all time.

My favorite tracks include:

In Your Eyes (Personal Top 100)
Don't Give Up (Personal Top 400)
Big Time (Personal Top 800)
That Voice Again (Personal Top 1000)
Sledgehammer (Personal Top 1100)
Red Rain (Personal Top 1400)

Some of the other tracks are less interesting to me, but the only track I am tempted to skip is "We Do What We're Told."

Henry
In Your Eyes

The Light The Heat
Henry
In Your Eyes

I am complete
Henry
In Your Eyes

I see the doorway to a thousand churches
Henry
In Your Eyes