The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Top albums of 2010 spreadsheet - update thread

Here is the link: albums2010.xls

Many many thanks to Harold who in a tremendous speed has added the following lists this week...

USA & Canada:
Amazon, Pretty Much Amazing, Prefix, Billboard, CokeMachineGlow, Slant, Resident Advisor, Pitchfork, Idolator, Magnet, Treble, Tiny Mix Tapes, Consequence of Sound, Under the Radar, eMusic, Delusions of Adequacy, Lost at Sea, HipHopDX

UK & Ireland:
The Guardian, The Quietus, State, No Ripcord, The Sun, Hot Press, Muso's Guide, Wire, The Line of Best Fit, The Skinny

Rest of the World:
Technikart, !Magik, Top des blogeurs, Telerama, Jenasaispop, Nojesguiden (Intl), MuzikExpress, Les Inrockuptibles, Liberation, Playground (Intl), Inertia, The Age, OOR, Heaven, Muzicalia (Intl), Spex, WAN2, Gaffa (Intl), Heineken (Intl), Blow-Up, Kalporz, Soundi (Intl), Quart, Sentire Ascoltare, Humo, Le Monde, Dagsavisen, Zundfunk, Intro, De Standaard, Go Mag (Intl), Fluctuat, Rolling Stone Germany, Laut, Chronicart, Falter, Mondo Sonoro (Intl), Rock De Lux (Intl), Rue89, Indiepoprock, ScannerFM (Intl)

I will create links to the EOY spreadsheets on the AM home page, if not tonight so tomorrow.

Re: Top albums of 2010 spreadsheet - update thread

Awesome, the #2 and #3 match my own list!

Great work Harold.

Very surprised to see Kanye slipping down the list, Deerhunter leapfrogging Janelle and Gorillaz languishing in 15th.

But for a year to potentially have Caribou and Ariel Pink in the top ten, that's a terrific show for the world of weird, and one I very much approve of

Kanye will catch up on the decade end lists; too bad that's 9 years from now.

The Age of Adz in the top 20!! And the Europeans weren't as crazy about Kanye as everybody else. That's the main reason he dropped. I have no problem with Beach House above him however.

Thanks for the great work, Harold!

Love it.

A great piece of art from Arcade Fire. I might stand alone in the argument of NEON BIBLE over The Suburbs, however, it is not to say that I do not see the impact that this album has had on indie rock this past year. AF might not be the best band in the world right now, but perhaps they are the most important.

Congrats to THE NATIONAL. I didn't see that coming. Great album, but the lesser of the last 3 in my opinion.

Teen Dream was amazing and deserved all the praise it got last year. Surprised to see it so high. Maybe that large venue tour with Vampire Weekend had some impact.

Deerhunter's Halcyon Digest in my opinion will be the album that is most recognized 10 years from now. This band is something else. Coronado is the song of the year. Who's to say we wont have more from them later this year. YAY!

Kanye would not be happy with 4th. If I had it my way he would be 20 something. Good not great.

Caribou might be the most exciting and original musician on the planet right now. Swim takes Can to a new level.

Ariel Pink...Yep! Their show with the Flaming lips at Metropolis was insanity.

Vampire Weekend proved to be far more than a one hit wonder. Contra is as good as second albums get. Are they the new POLICE, but cooler?

Joanna Newsom created a monster. Equally enthralling as it was daunting. Will definitely be more appreciated in years too come. IT'll take the rest of this decade to absorb.

and finally

SUFJAN STEVENS: You hated it, you loved it. You wanted a hug, and you wanted to spit. Not since Dylan went electric had the rock music world been so up in arms. Blank stares at concerts too rabid shrieking of compassion. Its place at 13 says a lot about this album. THIS IS THE ALBUM OF THE YEAR. What is he going to do next. fuk!

I can't believe that such a leaden album like The Suburbs is such a frontrunner in this.

Three soul/rap albums in the top 10 is a very good score for a usually indie-biaised general list.

Moonbeam
I can't believe that such a leaden album like The Suburbs is such a frontrunner in this.

I liked the Suburbs, but I also feel like it's a pretty weak choice for album of the year. Maybe the weakest album of the year ever besides Arctic Monkeys in 2006.

Jonathon
Moonbeam

I liked the Suburbs, but I also feel like it's a pretty weak choice for album of the year. Maybe the weakest album of the year ever besides Arctic Monkeys in 2006.

Can completely see how The Suburbs would leave some people underwhelmed, but when the results for the AMF 2010 album poll comes out next month, I suspect you'll find that most people on this forum would disagree with you. But hey, it's difference of opinion that makes this trivial list-making thing so much fun!

Moonbeam

Leaden to you.

Moonbeam

Completely agree. There is nothing about it that says AOTY material to me, especially in such a strong year. Like Neon Bible, I think it will eventually drop with time.

Sean Pak
And the Europeans weren't as crazy about Kanye as everybody else. That's the main reason he dropped.

I still think if the album had come out a little earlier in the year, all those British mags that publish their year-end lists in late November would've had him. No Mojo, no Q, no Uncut...ouch.

Not to say they would have had him high -- I mean, by god Paul Weller put an album out this year! -- but I think he would have appeared.

sonofsamiam

Not to say they would have had him high -- I mean, by god Paul Weller put an album out this year! -- but I think he would have appeared.

Sean Pak
Moonbeam

Leaden to you.

Yep, didn't find it leaden at all. In fact, it's the first time since 2003 that the critics and I are in agreement on No. 1.

Updated with Nerve, Little White Earbuds, XLR8R, Metromix, Textura, Rocksound, The Milk Factory, Mixmag, DJ Mag, Pedestrian.tv, Vibrations, 78s, Close-Up.

Thanks Harold!

Henrik
Updated with Nerve, Little White Earbuds, XLR8R, Metromix, Textura, Rocksound, The Milk Factory, Mixmag, DJ Mag, Pedestrian.tv, Vibrations, 78s, Close-Up.

Thanks Harold!

Thanks for the continuous updates Harold!

I'm pulled both ways by Arcade Fire. Love the music, but sometimes the lyrics are corny, self-serious, and not nearly as profound as they think.

Funeral felt so honest compared to the last two albums. I don't even think it's necessarily a better album musically, as Neon Bible and The Suburbs are both great in terms of composition. But when the AF try to make a thematically unified album, they really ram it down your throat. Not a lot of subtelty.

Jonathon
I'm pulled both ways by Arcade Fire. Love the music, but sometimes the lyrics are corny, self-serious, and not nearly as profound as they think.

Funeral felt so honest compared to the last two albums. I don't even think it's necessarily a better album musically, as Neon Bible and The Suburbs are both great in terms of composition. But when the AF try to make a thematically unified album, they really ram it down your throat. Not a lot of subtelty.

As much as I love both band and album, I do agree that they're starting to buy into the whole This Band Will Change Your Life, Nay The World thing - a real danger to which I sincerely hope they don't succumb. In particular, "Sprawl I" is -so- theatrically melodramatic that it comes off as a parody of what people who dislike Arcade Fire think ALL their songs sound like - in fact, I halfway think (hope) that that's exactly what it is, even though I know better. Fortunately, it's immediately followed by the wonderfully exuberant "Sprawl II," so all is - mostly - forgiven.

Still, I can see a time in the not-so-distant future when that old Bono joke gets a new punchline: "Oh, that's God - he just THINKS he's Win Butler."

Error report

The album "Cattive abitudini" by Massimo Volume, appears two times in the list, meaning that Rumore's ranking hasn't be added to the other ones

Harold Wexler
Jonathon

As much as I love both band and album, I do agree that they're starting to buy into the whole This Band Will Change Your Life, Nay The World thing - a real danger to which I sincerely hope they don't succumb. In particular, "Sprawl I" is -so- theatrically melodramatic that it comes off as a parody of what people who dislike Arcade Fire think ALL their songs sound like - in fact, I halfway think (hope) that that's exactly what it is, even though I know better. Fortunately, it's immediately followed by the wonderfully exuberant "Sprawl II," so all is - mostly - forgiven.

Still, I can see a time in the not-so-distant future when that old Bono joke gets a new punchline: "Oh, that's God - he just THINKS he's Win Butler."

The Sprawl I might be the best example of Win Butler ruining a beautiful piece of music with his...Butlerisms. His yelping voice, his self-impressed, yet completely precious replies to the police officer about searching every corner of the earth for his home. Thematically, the song is far too pedestrian for it's overwhelming self-importance.

Sometimes I wish the fun of being at an arcade fire show translated onto the records. If you meet them, or talk to them, they're all really nice, down to earth people, but when Win has a pen in his hand, he suddenly becomes Bono as you pointed out.

The same thing happened to The Smashing Pumpkins. As the 90s went on, they got more and more self-important, and lost what originally made them great.

Re: Error report

Giuseppe
The album "Cattive abitudini" by Massimo Volume, appears two times in the list, meaning that Rumore's ranking hasn't be added to the other ones

Thanks. It'll be fixed in the next update.

Am I the only person on the planet who likes Sprawl I? I mean, there are a bunch of better songs on the album, no doubt about that, and Sprawl II totally kicks Sprawl I's ass. But I can't really write the song off as pretentious or naively self important. Musically it has a great haunting dirge like feel to it, which perfectly accompanies the lyrics. Lyrically, I suppose that I can see how one might think it approaches self-righteousness, but I don't feel that way at all. The whole concept of the song is the examination of Win's hometown however many years later, a perfect way to start the beginning of the end of the album. So what if he wants to create an ambitious concept album. When was the last time any rock band decided to do just that? This song (and also album) successfully avoid many of the horrible, horrible pitfalls of many 70's prog rock bands "concept albums" by skirting pretension, and scaling down their music (scaled down as compared to say, Neon Bible for instance). The thematic elements of the album are quite obvious, and Win makes no attempt at hiding that. But so long as the album manages to successfully avoid pretension, who cares? It's a simple, honest examination of childhood and the nostalgia that comes with it as you age. And this song is just the representation of the death of that idealized nostalgia. And also, it provides a sweet calm before the beautiful explosive mania that is Sprawl II. Though, I do see truth in some worries of Win Bulter becoming the new Bono, and although I believe that this album manages to avoid self-righteousness, it's not all that hard to imagine that several albums down the road they've lapsed into the realm of self-parody. Though, I remain very optimistic about their future. They're one of the new "greats" and they're here to stay.

TL;DR- Arcade Fire rule.

At best, I find the album overall to be musically and lyrically boring. At worst, it is damn irritating.

There are only 3 songs I like on the album without reservation:

"Empty Room"
"Half Light I"
"Sprawl II"

Even then, I don't think any of these would make my top 10 Arcade Fire songs. So, in my book, The Suburbs features the least amount of worthy material to put on an album, yet they fill it with 13 more tracks, a few of which have moments that I may almost enjoy, but it ends up feeling completely bloated.

I really wanted to like the album. I even sat through the whole thing 4 times hoping it would grow on me. Instead, I actually ended up disliking it more, with patronizing lyrics like "Let's go downtown and hang with the modern kids" and the infamous kids in art school drinking his blood bit really grating on my last nerve. I haven't listened to Funeral or Neon Bible since, as I fear that the sour taste The Suburbs left in my mouth may infiltrate their earlier work.

Moonbeam

"Empty Room"
"Half Light I"
"Sprawl II"

Sounds like a vote for a Regine solo album!

Harold Wexler
Moonbeam

"Empty Room"
"Half Light I"
"Sprawl II"

Sounds like a vote for a Regine solo album!

Could be!

"In the Backseat" is my favorite from Funeral after all.

TS is these days' Dark Side Of The Moon... appealing to the most, appalling to the rest

Weird, unlike Jonathon, Harold and Nick, I didn't feel that The Suburbs was much of a transformation from Neon Bible, which wasn't much of a transformation from Funeral. When I first heard Funeral, the thing that immediately stood out was it's HUGENESS. It was the most epic sounding debut indie rock album I'd ever heard. Even back then, before they were famous, they were playing loud with 8+ people on stage and Win Butler was going for the sweeping statement. To me they were always bombastic, musically and thematically. As Nick pointed out, The Suburbs is plenty personal, Butler singing about the life he grew up in. They just go as big as they can go with it. But the same could be said for Funeral, which was prompted by a friend's passing but turned into this epic statement about Love and Death and Disillusionment. When I heard Neon Bible, I was like "yep, sounds like something the band behind Funeral would come up with." And I thought the exact same thing with The Suburbs. So I don't see Arcade Fire "turning into" something dangerous. It's always been in their lifeblood, and anyway they do it well. Bono is getting up there in years, we can do with someone taking up his mantle, right? (And to be honest, Bono is also a clunky songwriter, has always been.) I wouldn't mind an epic sounding but artistically sound arena band for our generation, and AC have been living up to it SINCE their debut, rather than just beginning to get to that point. Really the only thing The Suburbs did differently was sound more musically colorful, and I liked that aspect.

But anyway, I'm not going to change anybody's mind about it, so this will probably be my last defense of The Suburbs in these forums.

NB is these days' Joshua Tree... appealing to the most, appalling to the rest

This Arcade Fire backlash is leaving a taste in my mouth like I've just snogged someone with really bad breath. Overall, I don't think the lyrics are "self-important", "pretentious" or "melodramatic". Most of the time the lyrics are just truthful about what it's like growing up in the suburbs - that's why The Suburbs has struck a chord with so many people, you Silly Billies. And then there's the music to back it up - coherent music with a strong sense of place which I personally think becomes more thrilling with every listen. Anyway, I'm off to brush my teeth now.

I have no particular problem with The Suburbs, except relative to where other people place it.

It's a good album. Better than Neon Bible, not nearly as good as Funeral. Solid top 30 pick for me.

None of the high placements bother me as much as some of the low placements. Erykah Badu at #63 for an album I think is at least on the same level as Part One? Charlotte Gainsbourg #99? Lindstrom & Christabelle at #140? Anais Mitchell at #148? Drive By Truckers at #197? Dum Dum Girls #257? Shining #246?

The ones near the top are generally good albums, but they're all in either the 'alternative/indie rock' sphere or the 'hip hop' sphere. This has been the case for years, but it's even worse lately. Ten years ago country acts like Lucinda Williams or rock acts like Drive By Truckers could get critical attention, now nothing.

I need to do another factor analysis when all the sources are in.

nj
TS is these days' Dark Side of the Moon... appealing to most, appalling to the rest

nj

Then what's Funeral?

Arcade Fire's lyrics are very melodramatic, but in their case I think it suits them.

Give me Neon Bible over The Suburbs every day.

I wish there was more love for the Monitor tbqh

Jackson
nj
TS is these days' Dark Side of the Moon... appealing to most, appalling to the rest

nj

Then what's Funeral?

a wasted opportunity just like The Beatles' Revolver... would've made an j-j-j-jawsome EP

Updated with The Agit Reader, Austin Town Hall, OneThirtyBPM, SputnikMusic, AllMusic, fRoots, Plattentests, Rockol (Intl), Storia Della Musica, Ondarock, HotTracks, Alias/IlManifesto, Digg, Popnews.

Thanks Harold!

The Top 20 based only on these new lists (old place in total - new place in total):

1 (2 - 2) The National - High Violet
2 (1 - 1) Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
3 (3 - 3) Beach House - Teen Dream
4 (4 - 4) Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
5 (7 - 7) Deerhunter - Halcyon Digest
6 (6 - 6) Janelle Monáe - The ArchAndroid
7 (14 - 13) Joanna Newsom - Have One on Me
8 (57 - 39) The Tallest Man on Earth - The Wild Hunt
9 (36 - 28) Titus Andronicus - The Monitor
10 (9 - 9) Big Boi - Sir Lucious...
11 (20 - 17) Four Tet - There Is Love in You
12 (15 - 15) Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma
13 (16 - 16) Gorillaz - Plastic Beach
14 (10 - 10) The Black Keys - Brothers
15 (11 - 11) Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Before Today
16 (12 - 12) Vampire Weekend - Contra
17 (13 - 14) Sufjan Stevens - The Age of Adz
18 (26 - 25) John Grant - Queen of Denmark
19 (5 - 5) LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening
20 (21 - 21) Foals - Total Life Forever

Not too much to get excited about, the list seems almost set in stone...

Henrik
Updated with The Agit Reader, Austin Town Hall, OneThirtyBPM, SputnikMusic, AllMusic, fRoots, Plattentests, Rockol (Intl), Storia Della Musica, Ondarock, HotTracks, Alias/IlManifesto, Digg, Popnews.

Thanks Harold!

The Top 20 based only on these new lists (old place in total - new place in total):

1 (2 - 2) The National - High Violet
2 (1 - 1) Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
3 (3 - 3) Beach House - Teen Dream
4 (4 - 4) Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
5 (7 - 7) Deerhunter - Halcyon Digest
6 (6 - 6) Janelle Monáe - The ArchAndroid
7 (14 - 13) Joanna Newsom - Have One on Me
8 (57 - 39) The Tallest Man on Earth - The Wild Hunt
9 (36 - 28) Titus Andronicus - The Monitor
10 (9 - 9) Big Boi - Sir Lucious...
11 (20 - 17) Four Tet - There Is Love in You
12 (15 - 15) Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma
13 (16 - 16) Gorillaz - Plastic Beach
14 (10 - 10) The Black Keys - Brothers
15 (11 - 11) Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Before Today
16 (12 - 12) Vampire Weekend - Contra
17 (13 - 14) Sufjan Stevens - The Age of Adz
18 (26 - 25) John Grant - Queen of Denmark
19 (5 - 5) LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening
20 (21 - 21) Foals - Total Life Forever

Not too much to get excited about, the list seems almost set in stone...

I'll get excited about Titus and Tallest Man on Earth! I thought both of those were underrated, nice to see them trending upwards.

Henrik, will the mega critic scores have any barring on the AM rankings? Or will the rankings literally be the spreadsheet added to the site?

I can't wait to see how this all factors into the main page. I see The Suburbs landing at about 225-250 of all time, and The National, Beach House and Kanye all falling between 375-450.

Jonathon
Henrik, will the mega critic scores have any barring on the AM rankings? Or will the rankings literally be the spreadsheet added to the site?
The megacritic scores will not be included but the metacritic scores will. And remember that the all-time ranking is based on match-ups and not a simple score system, which might also cause the positions to switch here and there.

Feel kinda bummed that the depth and greatness of 2010 may go undervalued in the all-time lists as the vote gets split so much

maybe in time it'll climb up

Ddiamondd
Feel kinda bummed that the depth and greatness of 2010 may go undervalued in the all-time lists as the vote gets split so much

I was just thinking about that; granted it's happened in a lot of years.

It makes you appreciate the fact that #700 of all time or whatever is still a highly acclaimed album.

Updated with The Silent Ballet, ChartAttack, Boomkat, Piccadilly Records, Super45, New Noise, Screenagers.

Thanks Harold!

Errors found:

Appear twice:

The Flatliners - Cavalcade
Bonobo - Black Sands

Jonathon
Ddiamondd

It makes you appreciate the fact that #700 of all time or whatever is still a highly acclaimed album.

I know what Ddiamond is saying. Plenty of great albums are left out of the top 3000 only because their respective years or decades were so strong. And, of course, as AM continues being updated year after year, more and more deserving albums will be left out. It's something I wonder for all of these kinds of sites (well, there aren't many; AM, theyshootpictures, jazz 100): should they eventually increase the size of their main list somewhere down the line, say in 10 or 15 years? This may be wishful thinking in several ways, I know. 1) Will the sites even be running that long? 2) Increased number means increased workload, and that would be a lot to ask for the founders who already do so much. Instead, I will do my part to seek out and remember all the lesser known gems each year.

Thanks Harold!

P.S. If there's one thing I can side with The Suburbs skeptics about, it's the spreadsheet score. I'm surprised at how far up The Suburbs is from the rest of the top 10. Not only is it the only album at over 300, it's the only one with 300 from every region. C'mon, it was great but so were many albums this year. It's kinda like the movie The Social Network. I loved it, but now I'm getting tired at how it's sweeping all the lists and awards. It wasn't THAT much better than everything else.

Sean Pak
Jonathon
Ddiamondd

I know what Ddiamond is saying. Plenty of great albums are left out of the top 3000 only because their respective years or decades were so strong. And, of course, as AM continues being updated year after year, more and more deserving albums will be left out. It's something I wonder for all of these kinds of sites (well, there aren't many; AM, theyshootpictures, jazz 100): should they eventually increase the size of their main list somewhere down the line, say in 10 or 15 years? This may be wishful thinking in several ways, I know. 1) Will the sites even be running that long? 2) Increased number means increased workload, and that would be a lot to ask for the founders who already do so much. Instead, I will do my part to seek out and remember all the lesser known gems each year.

Thanks Harold!

P.S. If there's one thing I can side with The Suburbs skeptics about, it's the spreadsheet score. I'm surprised at how far up The Suburbs is from the rest of the top 10. Not only is it the only album at over 300, it's the only one with 300 from every region. C'mon, it was great but so were many albums this year. It's kinda like the movie The Social Network. I loved it, but now I'm getting tired at how it's sweeping all the lists and awards. It wasn't THAT much better than everything else.

I totally liked the movie paradox you've made. Black Swan, Winter's Bone and Blue Valentine are some of the movies that deserved some of those awards that Social Network has been sweeping. I still need to watch the King's Speech though and The Kids Are Alright too. I guess i'm more in love than ever with Emma Stone, super hot at the Golden Globes and terrific in Easy A. She's a promise that deserved more attention and stole a great, fresh, accessible little film, kinda like what Sleigh Bells did this year (and deserved more too).

Updated with NOW, Other Music, Just Press Play, DIY, and the top 100 from Village Voice Pazz & Jop.

Thanks again, Harold!

Another version is up where I have included the metacritic score for some albums. They have no impact on the spreadsheet ranking, but they will be taken into account for the next site update's all-time ranking.

Henrik
Another version is up where I have included the metacritic score for some albums. They have no impact on the spreadsheet ranking, but they will be taken into account for the next site update's all-time ranking.

Henrik, should I save this one and use it for future updates?

A question: How much will albums like Queen of Denmark and Crooks & Lovers suffer for not having a Metascore? I'm presuming there's something in the formulas that takes this into consideration, but I'm curious. (Probably more curious than I would be if QoD wasn't my #2 album of the year, but an interesting question nonetheless.)

Harold Wexler
Henrik, should I save this one and use it for future updates?

A question: How much will albums like Queen of Denmark and Crooks & Lovers suffer for not having a Metascore? I'm presuming there's something in the formulas that takes this into consideration, but I'm curious. (Probably more curious than I would be if QoD wasn't my #2 album of the year, but an interesting question nonetheless.)
Yes, please use this one. Missing metascores is not a problem, metacritic is not going to be used in the match-ups for these albums. It's just like that the pre-00s albums didn't suffer because of the addition of the 00s decade lists.

Complex, Club Fonograma (Intl) and Dagensskiva have been added. Thanks Harold!

Thank!

Damn, Kanye has overtaken Beach House and is out to get The National as well. Pity.

I'm a litte curious about how Robyn's Body Talk has been treated. There is "Body Talk part 1", part 2 and part 3 and then there is the album actually called "Body Talk". Is it the latter that is highly appraised in the lists?

dr_Robert
I'm a litte curious about how Robyn's Body Talk has been treated. There is "Body Talk part 1", part 2 and part 3 and then there is the album actually called "Body Talk". Is it the latter that is highly appraised in the lists?

I'd say in 99% of the instances where Robyn made an EOY list, it's the full-length Body Talk album that was noted. When Shaun started the work on the spreadsheet, I think he made an executive decision to treat any Body Talk mention as a vote for the album as a whole, and I've adhered to that. I think it makes sense. The "EPs" were always intended to be considered as part of a larger, overarching work-in-progress.

Gillingham
Damn, Kanye has overtaken Beach House and is out to get The National as well. Pity.

The pity is that there's no chance of Kanye overtaking Arcade Fire as well...

Yeezy reupholstered my spreadsheet!

Harold Wexler
Gillingham

Yeezy was head and shoulders above for me this year.

Jonathon
Harold Wexler
Gillingham

Yeezy was head and shoulders above for me this year.

I wouldn't feel too much pity for Yeezy. After all, he did sweep the "big" ones in Rolling Stone, Pitchfork, and Spin, as well as take down the Pazz and Jop - the biggest poll of all with its largest ever margain of victory. And I suspect he'll have a pretty decisive win here at AMF as well.

Harold Wexler
dr_Robert

I'd say in 99% of the instances where Robyn made an EOY list, it's the full-length Body Talk album that was noted. When Shaun started the work on the spreadsheet, I think he made an executive decision to treat any Body Talk mention as a vote for the album as a whole, and I've adhered to that. I think it makes sense. The "EPs" were always intended to be considered as part of a larger, overarching work-in-progress.

I don't disagree with you. But it makes a difference for which album Acclaimed Music suggests I should give a spin! Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks Harold for another update, including Altered Zones and Porcys.

And now all the national lists (Muzicalia, Playground, Heineken, Go Mag, MondoSonoro, Rock De Lux, ScannerFM, Dagbladet, Nojesguiden, Gaffa, Club Fonograma, Rockol) have been added too. Thanks Harold!

One more update (the last?) with Rumba and corrected lists (national and international) from Soundi. Thanks Harold!