Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cheap places to find CDs?

Lately, I'm finding that I'm less and less able to find music of interest readily available in stores. I think it's a combination of shrinking supply and my own interest in slightly more obscure supply, but I've taken to looking online for stuff.

Over the past few days, I've completely gone berserk for The Sound's Jeopardy. It appears that the album was issued on CD in 2001 in England with some bonus tracks. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it anywhere for a reasonable price. Amazon has 2 used copies starting at $79, and Ebay only has vinyl copies, and expensive ones at that!

I'm sure I haven't exahusted my options, so I was wondering if any of you knew good places to shop online for CDs.

Re: Cheap places to find CDs?

Does Australia not have it's own big auction site,like ours(www.trademe.co.nz)

Moonbeam
Over the past few days, I've completely gone berserk for The Sound's Jeopardy. It appears that the album was issued on CD in 2001 in England with some bonus tracks. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it anywhere for a reasonable price. Amazon has 2 used copies starting at $79, and Ebay only has vinyl copies, and expensive ones at that!

Good luck. That was one of the ones I'd pretty much given up on ever finding for anything remotely resembling a reasonable price - then, one day, there it was for about $50, and I jumped on it. Same thing happened with Francesco Guccini's Radici, except that I miraculously found it for an exceptionally cheap price. Both on Amazon, by the way. You can get lucky if you just stay vigilant.

I've done all my online purchases pretty much exclusively via Amazon or eBay, with only a couple of exceptions when others pointed me elsewhere. Discogs seems like a good place to find European albums.

Jeopardy's a great album; I just listened to it again last night, coincidentally enough. It's The Great Lost British Postpunk Album, as far as I'm concerned.

Harold Wexler
Moonbeam

Good luck. That was one of the ones I'd pretty much given up on ever finding for anything remotely resembling a reasonable price - then, one day, there it was for about $50, and I jumped on it. Same thing happened with Francesco Guccini's Radici, except that I miraculously found it for an exceptionally cheap price. Both on Amazon, by the way. You can get lucky if you just stay vigilant.

I've done all my online purchases pretty much exclusively via Amazon or eBay, with only a couple of exceptions when others pointed me elsewhere. Discogs seems like a good place to find European albums.

Jeopardy's a great album; I just listened to it again last night, coincidentally enough. It's The Great Lost British Postpunk Album, as far as I'm concerned.

Aha! So this album is notoriously hard to find, then! I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled.

And yes, how does Jeopardy manage to escape the hyperbolic post-punk praise? It certainly deserves it!

Midaso
Does Australia not have it's own big auction site,like ours(www.trademe.co.nz)

A quick google search brings up a site called OZtion, but it doesn't seem to have the album at the moment. A search through a few artists makes it seem like it's not the best place for music. I'll keep looking, though!

Definately don'tgo to FYE. THey sell most of their CDs for $10, but some like The Dark Side of the Moon are $20. It's insane, and the reason I don't own the album.

Wow, that one's not even available digitally. Even Rue De Siam is available digitally!

Actually, that's not FYE's fault. They wanted to have all non-deluxe single CDs at 9.99, but some of the major labels sued them over it.

On The Whole...

I've always found FYE (previously The Wall) overpriced. Online outlets like amazon and even deepdiscount.com have decent CD prices.