The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Top songs of 2010 spreadsheet - update thread

The spreadsheet has been updated with Consequence of Sound, Pitchfork, Rhapsody, Slant, Spinner, BBC, Gigwise and Jenesaispop.

Thanks Chris!

Jordonathon, thanks for your work, but I think Chris will be doing all the updates and send them to me, so you don't need to worry about it.

No, please no "Fuck You" at number one!!! I hate that song!
"Barbra Streisand" in top 100 is brilliant though

A few thoughts...

Hopefully the addition of more lists will clear "Need You Now," "Teenage Dream," and "Telephone" out of the top 50.

I'm surprised "Helicopter" is Deerhunter's most acclaimed song from Halcyon Digest. To me "Desire Lines," "Revival," and "He Would Have Laughed" are all much better tracks. Other strange picks to me are "Tell 'Em" over "Rill Rill," "We Used to Wait" over "Sprawl II," and "I Can Change" over "Dance Yrself Clean" and "All I Want."

I would heavily endorse "Tightrope" over "Fuck You" for the top spot.

Flying Lotus should be better represented for sure, but his one song, "And the World Laughs With You," is listed twice.

Would it be possible to add the link to the homepage like in past years (also the albums list when it gets updated)?

Doug
Would it be possible to add the link to the homepage like in past years (also the albums list when it gets updated)?
I will do this when there's an album sheet as well.

New update with Mixmag, The Sun, Musikexpress, Spex, Dagbladet, Heineken, Muzikalia and Playground.

Hey Chris, any idea when the latest revision for this will be uploaded.

A new version is up now! The additions are Club Fonograma, Groove, Little White Earbuds, Metromix, Paste, Treble, Hot Press, DJ Mag, Resident Advisor, Pedestrian.tv, Les Inrockuptibles, Intro, Laut, Dagsavisen.

Thanks Chris!

Xlr8r, Muso's Guide and Magic added. Thanks Chris!

Cee Lo Green's "Fuck You" is ranked number 1 on the spreadsheet, but at number 368, there is "Cee-Lo"'s song "Fuck You". As these are obviously the same song by the same artist, shouldn't they be combined?

Not that it matters much but the 2 FM Belfast's songs are from 2008. (and Underwear is a great tune by the way).