The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Your "gatekeeper" album?

This topic reminds me of the reason I never fit in here. My "list" of favorite albums would be completely different from day to day (hour to hour) depending on my mood and circumstances--including what else I've been listening to lately or played to death two years ago. Sunday's gatekeeper is Monday's sentimental classic is Tuesday's overplayed boredom. A rating would serve no purpose.

Re: Your "gatekeeper" album?

PJ Harvey's Dry, because sometimes i used to keep thinking if this was my favorite album of hers, until i realized it was hard to pick just one of hers, so deep down i know this is not a classic like Rid of Me, To Bring You My Love and Stories, actually White Chalk sounds more like a masterpiece to me, but few albums are tight, without any weak songs, perfect, accessible. Man, it is such an fully formed debut album that every time i listen to the first album of a band i keep saying: "Let's hope it's a Dry." It's not her best, maybe not my favorite, not a classic despite its high raking inside AM top 3000 (389 i guess...), but it is my gatekeeper and THE debut album not considered a classic or the artists's best.