Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Am Survivor: Round 1, Week 8

Who’s Fallen off the cliff:
76.Ramones (17 points)
75. Frank Zappa/The Mothers of Invention (16)
74. Pink Floyd (14)
73. Public Enemy (13)
Who’s living on the edge: The Beatles (12), Massive Attack (10), Elton John (10), Roxy Music (10)
Note: Since Bob Dlyan was eliminated with 8 points, the fewest an artist that has been voted off has received is 12. Sucks.

Now, let the games begin! We are down to 72 artists. Here, please post four artists want you off the “Island” out of the remaining artists. Please see the Rules Thread for the complete set of rules. Remember that one artist get 4 points, the next gets 3, and so on.

Greg won the Immunity Challenge last week, so Tom Waits and Fleetwood Mac are immune this week.

The Remaining Artists:
Arcade Fire, The Beach Boys, Beastie Boys, The Beatles, Beck, Chuck Berry, Blur, David Bowie, James Brown, The Byrds, Johnny Cash, Ray Charles, The Clash, Leonard Cohen, Sam Cooke, Elvis Costello, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Miles Davis, The Doors, Nick Drake, Fleetwood Mac, Aretha Franklin, Marvin Gaye, Al Green, PJ Harvey, Jimi Hendrix, Buddy Holly & the Crickets, Michael Jackson, The Jam, Elton John, Joy Division, The Kinks, Kraftwerk, Led Zeppelin, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Massive Attack, Curtis Mayfield, Van Morrison, New Order, Nirvana, OutKast, Pavement, Pixies, Portishead, Elvis Presley, Prince, Pulp, Radiohead, Otis Redding, Lou Reed, R.E.M., The Rolling Stones, Roxy Music, Simon and Garfunkel, Frank Sinatra, Sly and the Family Stone, The Smashing Pumpkins, Elliot Smith,The Smiths, Sonic Youth, Bruce Springsteen, Steely Dan, The Stooges, Talking Heads, T. Rex, The Velvet Underground, Tom Waits, The White Stripes, The Who, Wilco, Stevie Wonder, Neil Young

Re: Am Survivor: Round 1, Week 8

-4 Beastie Boys
-3 Pixies
-2 Velvet Underground
-1 Prince

-4 The Beatles
-3 Massive Attack
-2 Portishead
-1 Miles Davis

If anyone puts David Bowie as their 3 pointer, I'll put your 4 pointer as my 3 pointer.

Unless it's one of the following:
White Stripes, Neil Young, Velvet Underground, REM, Prince, Jimi Hendrix, Nick Drake, Beck, Pixies

Same deal if you put him as your 2 pointer or 1 pointer.

I still think he's the biggest threat to win. He'll be hard to get out now, but even harder when there are fewer elimination slots per week. Notice he's the highest finisher in the artist poll who nobody has really targeted yet.

BillAdama
If anyone puts David Bowie as their 3 pointer, I'll put your 4 pointer as my 3 pointer.

Unless it's one of the following:
White Stripes, Neil Young, Velvet Underground, REM, Prince, Jimi Hendrix, Nick Drake, Beck, Pixies

I still think he's the biggest threat to win. He'll be hard to get out now, but even harder when there are fewer elimination slots per week. Notice he's the highest finisher in the artist poll who nobody has really targeted yet.

I think that Bowie, Radiohead, Prince and VU are the most likely to end up near the last to leave the island. But, you already indicated that you won't vote against either Prince or VU. I am likely to vote strongly against VU in the next few rounds.

-4 Steely Dan
-3 The Doors
-2 Roxy Music
-1 Elton John

I really think that the over-strategizing is getting old. I'm still voting for artists that I think aren't good.

-4 Elton John
-3 Fleetwood Mac
-2 Bob Marley
-1 Buddy Holly

Why vote out good artists when these are still in?

SR
-4 Steely Dan
-3 The Doors
-2 Roxy Music
-1 Elton John

I really think that the over-strategizing is getting old. I'm still voting for artists that I think aren't good.

I prefer all of the artists you voted against over VU. So, voting against VU isn't strategic for me.

Although I have been voting strategically in this edition of "Survivor," it is because at this point in the game, I'm only casting votes against artists I don't really like that much to begin with. I wouldn't cast a "strategic" vote against an artist I like!

I don't really care which order the ones I don't like leave in, and if I see that others have already casted their votes against them, I would gladly take an opportunity to get rid of one of the artists I don't like that much anyways ( especially if it helps the chances of one of my favourite artists staying in the game).

I could easily vote for 20 different artists this week, but I can only cast my votes against 4. So I might as well make my votes count, instead of throwing four points at an artist nobody else is voting for.

-4 The Beatles
-3 Elton John
-2 The Who
-1 Frank Sinatra

Jackson
-4 Elton John
-3 Fleetwood Mac
-2 Bob Marley
-1 Buddy Holly

You'll have to wait at least another week for Fleetwood Mac to go their own way - they've got immunity this week...

Good news, Zappa is finally gone, bad news... who is going to be my minus 4 now...

(-4) The Velvet Underground
(-3) Nick Drake
(-2) Kraftwerk
(-1) Leonard Cohen

-4 Van Morrisson
-3 Johnny Cash
-2 Bruce Springsteen
-1 The Beach Boys

-4 The Beatles
-3 David Bowie
-2 Nirvana
-1 Radiohead

-4 Prince
-3 The Beatles
-2 New Order
-1 Aretha Franklin

-4 Frank Sinatra
-3 Roxy Music
-2 Pulp
-1 PJ Harvey

How can we vote out Pink Floyd (among others) before Sinatra is even in danger?!?!

-4 PJ Harvey
-3 Roxy Music
-2 David Bowie
-1 Steely Dan

Just for the heck of it, BillAdama.

Listyguy
-4 Frank Sinatra
-3 Roxy Music
-2 Pulp
-1 PJ Harvey

How can we vote out Pink Floyd (among others) before Sinatra is even in danger?!?!

Sinatra is one of those artists no one really loves, but everyone seems to have a Sinatra CD in their collection and when you're out and you hear a Sinatra song, everyone kind of enjoys it. Or at least that's my experience, he's a non-threatening kind of guy and let's be honest, this week more than ever by looking at the votes people are out for blood.

Slick
let's be honest, this week more than ever by looking at the votes people are out for blood.

All hell broke loose with the voting after Bob Dylan was eliminated with only 2 votes.

-4: David Bowie
-3: The Doors
-2: The Velvet Underground
-1: Kraftwerk

It looks like no amount of strategic voting will keep the Beatles safe this week!

4 - Beastie Boys
3 - The Stooges
2 - Nick Drake
1 - PJ Harvey

-4 The Byrds
-3 Buddy Holly & the Crickets
-2 The Who
-1 Wilco

-4 Roxy Music
-3 David Bowie
-2 Sonic Youth
-1 Buddy Holly

-4 Roxy Music
-3 Elvis Costello
-2 Steely Dan
-1 Elton John

For the record, my 4 favourite artists in the island are :
1) Elliott Smith
2) Beastie Boys
3) Radiohead
4) Arcade Fire

Daniel
It looks like no amount of strategic voting will keep the Beatles safe this week!/quote]

And possible David Bowie...

I See...

AM posters are just as male-centric as most critics.

Midaso
Jackson
-4 Elton John
-3 Fleetwood Mac
-2 Bob Marley
-1 Buddy Holly

You'll have to wait at least another week for Fleetwood Mac to go their own way - they've got immunity this week...

Switch my -3 to Frank Sinatra then.

Re: I See...

JR
Guys just make the best music, stop hatin'.

-4 The Beatles
-3 Frank Sinatra
-2 James Brown
-1 Leonard Cohen

-4 David Bowie
-3 The Beatles
-2 PJ Harvey
-1 Arcade Fire

Here are some interesting stats:
Most points received by an artist in one week:
T1- AC/DC (19)
T1- Joni Mitchell (19)
T3- Cream (18)
T3- Oasis (18)
4 way tie for 5th (17)

Fewest points an eliminated artist has received:
T1- Parliament/Funkadelic (8)
T1- Bob Dylan (8)
T3- Brian Eno (10)
T3- Primal Scream (10)
T5- Pet Shop Boys (11)
T5- LCD Soundsystem (11)

The most points an artist that has survived the week has received:
1- John Coltrane (15)
2- The Band (13)
T3- Pink Floyd (12)
T3- Big Star (12)
T3- The Beatles (12)

The first one's already been broken this week.

JR

Yes, and it's quite sad!

-4 Velvet Underground
-3 Elton John
-2 Beastie Boys
-1 Arcade Fire

I somehow managed to get on at midnight exactly!
This week's poll is over.