Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any chance of a Top 4000 (or Top 5000)?

I remember back when Acclaimed Music.net didn't have a Top 3000 (I can't remember if it was a top 1000, 2000, 2500 or whatever, but I do remember when it was expanded to a top 3000).

Is there any chance that (understandably, probably not in the next update) with the inclusion of more and more critics' lists, that Acclaimed Music could someday expand to a Top 4000 or 5000?

Re: Any chance of a Top 4000 (or Top 5000)?

Do you wish Henrik's death ??

I Would Not...

expect such an expansion anytime within the immediate or distant future. Aside from going from 2000 to 3000, the "bubbling under" albums and songs also was an expansion.

Re: I Would Not...

I don't see this happening either... since what really takes time is to add new albums and songs to the database, especially the backtracking of their entries in old critics lists.

Well, considering websites like Rate Your Music offer only a top 1000, I think a top 3000 + bubbling under is quite generous! :D

Actually, the RYM list goes to 5000 if you change the page number in the url. Here is 4901-5000 (page=50).

http://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=50&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=