Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Site update - help wanted

I have uploaded a spreadsheet and I'm asking for your help to fill in columns H-K and M-O.

I suggest that you take one (or more) column each and when you're done you send the sheet to me (henrik.franzon@gmail.com). Let me and everybody else know what column you want here in this thread.

Nov_2010_update.xls

Thanks in advance!

Re: Site update - help wanted

I'll take Column M.

I'll take column N (AMG links).

I'll gladly fill in column H.

I'll take column K.

Thanks everyone!

I'll take column I.

hectorthebat
I'll take column I.
Thanks Hector! Did you just send me the spreadsheet? I got column I filled in and these results are probably very helpful for Alex D and his work on column H. I am still at work but as soon as I get home I will upload the new information.

Yes, that was me, I probably should have put that on the email!

I'm Looking At the Spreadsheet...

and "J" is the only column that someone hasn't claimed. lol Most of these look to be English, with the exception of some Spanish titles. Just write the language in the space?

Am I reading it right that the titles start with 4920 and go through 5050?

Re: I'm Looking At the Spreadsheet...

JR
and "J" is the only column that someone hasn't claimed.

I don't believe anyone's taken O yet, either - some of the links are already there, but most aren't.

Oh Yes...

Ok. I have the read-only Excel- will I be able to save it and send the file? Perhaps save it as another file type?

Re: Oh Yes...

Rightclick the file, properties, and uncheck 'Read only'.

WIll Try That...

after I finish getting the links on and such. Thanks.

Column "O" Info...

sent. Henrik, let me know if the info appears properly.

Re: Column "O" Info...

Columns I, N and O have been updated. Thanks hectorbat, JR and Harold!

Now also updated with column H. Thanks Alex!

Column K added too. Thanks Zorg!

Columns J and M have not been taken yet.

Henrik

I thought Moonbeam took M... And it looked like JR, before doing O, had offered to handle J as well.

Harold Wexler
Henrik

I thought Moonbeam took M... And it looked like JR, before doing O, had offered to handle J as well.
Sorry, Moon...

JR, are you working on J?

I've sent an Excel link to the gmail account listed on the site's front page, Henrik!

I Will...

do "J"- for clarification, do I research the titles or just look at the titles and deduce the language? hehe I mean, I obviously most are English language, and then some Spanish titles from what I can see.

Re: I Will...

Well, let's not overdo things. Let's assume that the lyrics are of the same language as the album title. Shouldn't be too hard then.

Sounds Simple Enough to Me...

Having the country listed also helps for any questionable titles.

There are a couple of titles I will want to clarify within the email, though (i.e. Ellen Allien, whose album looks to have both English and German titles). And then there's an album like "Alcachofa" that has English titles. ha

"J"...

has been sent.

Re: "J"...

The spreadsheet is complete. Thanks Moonbeam and JR!

It would also be great if you could help me write down Robert Christgau and Piero Scaruffi's ratings. Here is a second spreadsheet:
Nov_2010_update_v2.xls

Another thing is album images for the album pages. I have used the Amazon images for this, but I think I will simply show the album image for new albums. Would someone be interested in collecting the images and name them from A4920.jpg to A5050.jpg and send these files to me?

Re: "J"...

Henrik
It would also be great if you could help me write down Robert Christgau and Piero Scaruffi's ratings.

I can finish the Christgau column if no one's taken it yet.

What Of...

albums from the past 5 years or so that did not have the Christgau ratings in their info? Will they be added as part of this update?

Anyone taken the PS ratings?

Re: What Of...

JR
albums from the past 5 years or so that did not have the Christgau ratings in their info? Will they be added as part of this update?
That has been taken care of already.

JR
Anyone taken the PS ratings?
No.

Taken Care Of...

meaning you've already collected that info and will add it in the next update, or already have? I'd think the former, as, for instance, Confessions on a Dance Floor's rating does not appear in its info.

I will get searching on the PS ratings for those in need and shoot the e-mail to you.

PS Ratings...

sent.