Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Am Survivor: Round 1, Week 1

First off, here are the artists that will be coming to the island (Points Scored in parenthesis’s):
Arcade Fire (26), Curtis Mayfield (16), Big Star (15), Elliott Smith (13), The Smashing Pumpkins (12), Cream (12)*

Not to annoy anyone (myself included), but here are the artists that miss the cut by one or 2 points:
Depeche Mode (11), Hank Williams (11), TV On The Radio (11), Queen (11), Blondie (10), ColdPlay (10), Wire (10), The Stone Roses (10),

Now, we must say goodbye to 5 artists.
106. Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band (32)
105. Eminem (24)
104. Grateful Dead (22)
103. Sex Pistols (17)
102. Run-D.M.C. (17)

And who should be scared for this week: John Lennon (16), AC/DC (16), Black Sabbath (14), The Cure (11), Pet Shop Boys (11)

*Due to the tie to enter, both artists will advance and there will a final 101. This week, five artists will be eliminated instead of four, but you can still only vote for 4.

Now, let the games begin! We are down to 101 artists. Here, please post four artists want you off the “Island” out of the remaining artists. Please see the Rules Thread for the complete set of rules. Remember that one artist get 4 points, the next gets 3, and so on.

Greg won the Immunity Challenge last week, so Bruce Springsteen and The Smiths are immune this week.

The Remaining Artists:
AC/DC, Arcade Fire, The Band, The Beach Boys, Beastie Boys, The Beatles, Beck, Chuck Berry, Big Star, Björk, Black Sabbath, Blur, David Bowie, James Brown, The Byrds, Johnny Cash, Nick Cave, Ray Charles, The Clash, Leonard Cohen, John Coltrane, Sam Cooke, Elvis Costello, Cream, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Cure, Miles Davis, The Doors, Nick Drake, Bob Dylan, Brian Eno, Fleetwood Mac, Aretha Franklin, Marvin Gaye, Al Green, Guns N’ Roses, PJ Harvey, Jimi Hendrix, Buddy Holly & the Crickets, Michael Jackson, The Jam, Elton John, Joy Division, The Kinks, Kraftwerk, LCD Soundsystem, Led Zeppelin, John Lennon, Little Richard, Madonna, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Massive Attack, Curtis Mayfield, Metallica, Joni Mitchell, Van Morrison, New Order, Nirvana, Oasis, OutKast, Parliament/Funkadelic, Pavement, Pet Shop Boys, Pink Floyd, Pixies, The Police, Portishead, Elvis Presley, Primal Scream, Prince, Public Enemy, Pulp, Radiohead, Ramones, Otis Redding, Lou Reed, R.E.M., The Rolling Stones, Roxy Music, Simon and Garfunkel, Frank Sinatra, Sly and the Family Stone, The Smashing Pumpkins, Elliot Smith, Patti Smith, The Smiths, Sonic Youth, Bruce Springsteen, Steely Dan, The Stooges, Talking Heads, T. Rex, U2, The Velvet Underground, Tom Waits, The White Stripes, The Who, Wilco, Stevie Wonder, Neil Young, Frank Zappa/The Mothers of Invention

Re: Am Survivor: Round 1, Week 1

-4 The Police
-3 AC/DC
-2 Beastie Boys
-1 Elliot Smith

I'm very happy by the results of the loophole round.

-4 The White Stripes
-3 LCD Soundsystem
-2 Beastie Boys
-1 Patti Smith

-4 AC/DC
-3 Oasis
-2 Steeley Dan
-1 Black Sabbath

-4 Guns 'N Roses
-3 U2
-2 AC/DC
-1 Run-D.M.C.

-4 Nick Cave
-3 Elliott Smith
-2 Leonard Cohen
-1 Little Richard

-4 U2
-3 Pet Shop Boys
-2 The Police
-1 Madonna

-4:AC/DC
-3:Guns N'Roses
-2:Black Sabbath
-1:Patti Smith

-4 Kraftwerk
-3 Frank Zappa
-2 The Band
-1 Brian Eno

Depeche Mode and Blondie were robbed. Robbed, I say!

I can honestly say that I loathe every song I've heard by each of these 4 artists:

-4 AC/DC
-3 Oasis
-2 John Lennon
-1 Pink Floyd

-4 Bjork
-3 Tom Waits
-2 Beastie Boys
-1 Pixies

-4 Bob Dylan
-3 Van Morrison
-2 Fleetwood Mac
-1 Public Enemy

-4 LCD Soundsystem
-3 The Band
-2 Cream
-1 Guns N’ Roses

Moonbeam

I can honestly say that I loathe every song I've heard by each of these 4 artists:

-4 AC/DC
-3 Oasis
-2 John Lennon
-1 Pink Floyd

This means there must be a Beatles song you can stand,if John Lennon is the preferred pick...

-4 John Lennon
-3 Black Sabbath
-2 The Jam
-1 Nirvana

Midaso
Moonbeam

-4 AC/DC
-3 Oasis
-2 John Lennon
-1 Pink Floyd

This means there must be a Beatles song you can stand,if John Lennon is the preferred pick...

Not necessarily. I know John Lennon at least has a chance to be eliminated.

-4 Pet Shop Boys
-3 Ramones
-2 Big Star
-1 Guns N' Roses

Guy
-4 Guns 'N Roses
-3 U2
-2 AC/DC
-1 Run-D.M.C.

Run DMC were eliminated already.

-4 John Lennon
-3 Madonna
-2 Primal Scream
-1 Pet Shop Boys

Checkpoint

-4 John Lennon
-3 Cream (I'm happy about the 4 other inductions by the way)
-2 Elvis Costello
-1 Steely Dan

I'm horrified to already see so many votes for the B-Boys (and that Run DMC have been kicked out that soon)

Nassim
I'm horrified to already see so many votes for the B-Boys (and that Run DMC have been kicked out that soon)

I feel ya.
But, I'm loving all the votes for Lennon.
CP

-4 The Cure
-3 John Lennon
-2 Sonic Youth
-1 Marvin Gaye

EDITED because I forgot The Smiths had immunity.

-4 The Police
-3 Bob Marley
-2 Fleetwood Mac
-1 Elton John

Black Sabbath (-4)
Primal Scream (-3)
Joy Division (-2)
Joni Mitchell (-1)

I'm kicking myself...Queen was 1 point shy of being voted in, and I only gave them 1 point in the loophole round because I saw so many others voting for them!

And life goes on...

-4 The Cure
-3 Bjork
-2 Little Richard
-1 Neil Young

While it would be very amusing to watch these 4 artists have dinner together, they can do it on some other island. The tribe has spoken.

-4 The Doors
-3 Metallica
-2 Cream (how did that happen?)
-1 Steely Dan

I suppose I’m becoming more broadminded about music, since it’s the first week and I already have one artist on my list (the Dan) that I don’t dislike.

Let's say goodbye to...

-4 Guns N Roses
-3 The Police
-2 Nick Cave
-1 Patti Smith (I dislike the fact that she gets in on the basis of one great album, whereas bands like TVOTR and Blondie don't get in despite being consistently brilliant).

-4 Frank Zappa
-3 Patti Smith
-2 The White Stripes
-1 Kraftwerk

Never understood any of these artists - especially Frank Zappa, who simply makes weird music and that's it.

-4 The Police
-3 Cream
-2 Joni Mitchell
-1 Guns N’ Roses

Zorg
(I dislike the fact that she gets in on the basis of one great album, whereas bands like TVOTR and Blondie don't get in despite being consistently brilliant).

That is wrong, but so is the fact that Metallica is probably gonna beat AC/DC and Black Sabbath, the bands that made them.
Checkpoint

Can I change my vote for The Jam to Metallica (2 points)? I was listening to some Jam and they shouldn't go yet. Not that it matters since neither will leave the island, but whatever.

Stephan
Can I change my vote for The Jam to Metallica (2 points)? I was listening to some Jam and they shouldn't go yet. Not that it matters since neither will leave the island, but whatever.

Sure.

-4 The Cure
-3 Parliament/Funkadelic
-2 AC/DC
-1 The Doors

Voting is now closed for the week.