Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AM Survivor: Rules Thread

Welcome to AM Survivor. I got the idea for this poll from a poll the Schleuse held back in 2007. Since then, the artist ranks have changed on AM, and so I have decided to do this poll. The poll will be broken up into 4 rounds. Here’s a breakdown of how each round will differ:
Round 1
- 13 Weeks
- Start with 100, end with 48
- 4 artists voted off each week
- 2 immunes each week

Round 2
- 9 Weeks
- Start with 48, end with 21
- 3 artists voted off each week
- 1 immune each week

Round 3
- 6 Weeks
- Start with 22, end with 10
- 2 artists voted off each week
- No immunes

Round 4
- 9 Weeks
- Start with 10, end with a champion
- 1 artist voted off each week

Voting
Each week, you get to vote for which artists you want to vote off and how many points towards getting kicked off the “island” each artist will get. You will either vote for 5, 4, 3, 2 or 1 artists, depending how many artists are getting voted off.

Immunes
If you read the round descriptions above, you are probably wondering what immunes are. Each week I will post some kind of brain teaser or trivia question in the Immunity Thread. The first person to email me the correct answer to this question will get to select the artists that are immune from elimination. Please see the immunity thread for more information.

Any Twists?
There will be two “Twists” in this tournament.
Twist #1: If you read the round descriptions, you will also have noticed that round 2 ends with 21 artists and round 3 begins with 22. How is this? Because everyone who wins an immune challenge will also get to vote on 1 (Or more if they completed more than one challenge) artist that had been eliminated to come back for round 3.

Twist #2: I can’t specify which week, but the third person to cast their vote during this week will get to count their ballot twice the next week. I will announce the week after it has occurred.

Let the games begin with the Loophole Round, where you can also post questions. This thread is strictly for reading the rules and for access to past weeks of the tournament.

Re: AM Survivor: Rules Thread

Somebody likes CBS reality shows.

*cough* Um, not me! I never watch that trash! And besides, Russell totally got robbed. Not that I know who Russell is or anything! *cough*

BillAdama
Somebody likes CBS reality shows.

*cough* Um, not me! I never watch that trash! And besides, Russell totally got robbed. Not that I know who Russell is or anything! *cough*

I've never actually seen the show, I just got the idea from Schuelese. I will admit to watching American Idol on occasion.

Ahh. You were using words that came directly from the shows.

I only watch Survivor and Amazing Race. I like that kind of competitive social game, but I don't like the way they edit it to focus on all the catfight drama. "Immunity", "Twist", etc.

RULE CHANGE

******************************************************************************************************************
A New Rule (Or Amendment) Has Been Made: Comments Are Required, Beggining Week 3.
******************************************************************************************************************

Round 1 Index
Round 2 Index
Round 3 Index
Round 4 Index