Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Championship

Jimi, because he is not the Beatles.

JIMI!!

Let me be clear, I am voting for Jimi because he's Jimi, not because of my resentment that the BEatles win everything. That's just and added bonus.

OK,since it's close:

Jimi Hendrix

(But he still probably won't win)

Yes, my vote for Jimi is because of his virtuosity with the guitar and my placement of two of his albums as #1 and #4 on my all time list.

Jimi winning is more 'Interesting' than the Beatles winning. But if people here voted on that basis, NMH wouldn't have won Moderate.

Jimi Hendrix

If anyone doubts my Hendrix credentials, I had two Hendrix albums in my T3 in the last album poll, and Hendrix is the artistthat got me into acclaimed music in the first place. Him and Radiohead are the only artists I would vote for other The Beatles.

The Beatles

I am really, really hoping this doesn't end in a tie. The only thing I could do is extend the deadline and hope someone else votes without telling anyone there is a tie.

Jimi. I believe it's Jimi or Yimi. It might be a soft J.

Beatles

Beatles

Jimi Hendrix

Simply because I prefer him slightly over the Beatles, at the moment anyway.

The two are impressive.

The Beatles for the incredible amount of incredibles songs !

If Bowie had passed the last level I voted for him.

Let's break this down:

Guitar: Jimi much better than George
Bass: Noel and Paul are different, but I can't decide between the two very good bassists.
Drums: Mitch is much better than Ringo
Vocals: Neither artist is a world beater. But both are under-appreciated for their vocals. Jimi doesn't have the harmonies; the Beatles don't have the cool. It's a wash.
Live Experience: We never really knew what the Beatles were capable of live, but they certainly never provided us with what Jimi did.

That just leaves Songwriting, Arrangements, Production, collected singles, collected albums. Oh yeah... that's why the Beatles are my #1 artist.

Winner: The Beatles.

The Beatles

I love Jimi in part for what he could have been. But I love the Beatles for what they were able to be.

The Beatles

I'm repressing the side of myself that like surprises and just being honest here...Beatles. :|

VH1 is running their Greatest Artists Of All-Time countdown this week and their #6 artist Jimi Hendrix lost out in the 2010 Slicknation Ultimate Music Tournament to their #1 and our Champion The Beatles 53% to 47%...

Thank You to all who participated. It's been fun. 2011's Tournament will kick off in February and I will be looking for the voters to submit thier top 100 artists lists to help with next years participants and seeding.

Fun tourney, Slick. Thanks for inviting us along on this jamboree of yours.

I'm surprised it was that close.

Are the Beatles going to be eligable for the next tourney? If they are they'll win again.

Thanks for the fun tournament! There were lots of surprises along the way. I'm quite impressed with the massive size of the whole thing!

Thanks a lot for the organisation Slick, it was fun.

It's nice that the final was actually quite thrilling. Hadn't expect that.