Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MEGA-CRITIC COMPETITION AUGUST : THE CLUES TO WIN A CD OF YOUR CHOICE

Guess (Deadline = 25th) the Highest New Entry into this month´s Mega-Critic-Chart (Publication = 31st) as well as its position (as a tie-breaker) and enter the chance to win a CD of your choice.

There has not been a lot of action this month, as most New Releases fall ratherflat with the Critics.

At the moment (21st) the following 5 CDs look like contenders to enter this month´s chart :

Former Bubblers

A

B

New Bubblers

C

D

Early September Release

E

Good Luck !!!

Re: MEGA-CRITIC COMPETITION AUGUST : THE CLUES TO WIN A CD OF YOUR CHOICE

I'll go with Menomena at.. 40.

I Am Kloot - Sky At Night #45

I don't know, maybe Best Coast somewhere... i wish Anais Mitchell or Sleigh Bells finally made a significant leap inside the top 20 (at least!), but maybe that won't happen.

The Roots at #38

My guess is Interpol at 46th.

The Roots #42

I don't think there's a 31st of August. I should have voted for the new Autolux :-(

Tim E
I don't think there's a 31st of August.

Wait, what? Um, tomorrow is definitely August 31.

There was an episode this season of the American sitcom PARKS AND RECREATION (set in a small-town parks department) centering on the department director's intern, whose sole function is to make sure he never actually has to meet with anyone. One morning dozens of people show up at the office; the intern reveals that she's been scheduling every single proposed meeting for March 31, "because I didn't think it actually existed."

Parks Rules!!! I love this string of new comedies such as Parks, Modern Family and Community! yay to comedy!

HRS
Parks Rules!!! I love this string of new comedies such as Parks, Modern Family and Community! yay to comedy!

Community is so underrated. I still don't get how that show was snubbed and the Big Bang Theory actually wins an Emmy. CBS has no good sitcoms out now. Guess the Emmys are still pissed at Ed O' Neil for Married...With Children which is why he wasn't nominated.

Totally agree. Big Bang Theory is so nerdist!

Community is awesome. I just think it's first few episodes were a little weak, so a lot of people quit and didn't get to see the brilliant episodes like the paintball one. And Parks and Rec has the sardonic believability The Office used to have.

Modern Family I think has the potential to be a really good show, but too much of the plots devolve into sitcom cliches. Even if the character cast is probably the best in family sitcom for years.

HRS

I don't think I've ever seen a TV series improve so exponentially from its first season to its second season the way PARKS did. It went from a weak OFFICE wannabe designed solely as a vehicle for Amy Poehler to a consistently hilarious showcase for a brilliant ensemble cast; in particular, Nick Offerman's ultra-macho, ultra-deadpan director Ron Swanson already deserves to be considered one of the classic sitcom characters. Naturally, NBC in its infinite wisdom has kept PARKS off the fall schedule, holding it in reserve for midseason; its Thursday replacement is OUTSOURCED, a show set in a Mumbai call center, which looks awful.

Agree with the comments on COMMUNITY, which also has a fantastic ensemble (for my money, the MVP is Danny Pudi as the pop culture-obsessed, apparently Asperger's-afflicted Abed) and MODERN FAMILY (I second Bill's frustration over how great it COULD be if it just trusted its own best comedic instincts).

We seem to have hijacked this thread. Sorry.