Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MEGA-CRITIC COMPETITION JULY : THE CLUES TO WIN 2 CDS OF YOUR OWN CHOICE

Guess (Deadline = 25th) the Highest New Entry into this month`s Mega-Critic-Chart (Publication = 31st) as well as its position (as a tie-breaker) and enter the chance to win 2 CDs of your choice.

At the moment (21st) the following 7 CDs look like strong contenders to enter this month`s chart :

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

GUESSES SO FAR

Zorg : # 04 M.I.A.
BillAdama : # 05 M.I.A.
Stephan : # 10 Big Boi
SR : # 04 Big Boi

SURPRISES

There will be some surprises this month! No Clue for M.I.A. ??!! And most probably a new No.01, I couldn´t believe, but after checking and re-checking must admit, still suprises me.

GOOD LUCK !!!

Re: MEGA-CRITIC COMPETITION JULY : THE CLUES TO WIN 2 CDS OF YOUR OWN CHOICE

Not much reviews in Europe but Big Boi #15 anyway.
It has more reviews than The Roots, higher metacritic score and well, it is better too !
It will pick much higer than 15 but let's hope it has not enough reviews yet to rank higher !

This isn't a guess for the competition, but I'm guessing that the new #1 is Janelle Monae. THE ARCHANDROID has a lot more reviews now, but its Megascore is still holding remarkably strong.

I'm presuming that Sleigh Bells takes a huge jump this month as well. The Chicago Reader, in its Pitchfork Festival preview, offered what I think is one of the funniest and most spot-on written evocations of a band's sound that I've ever read:

"You're totally going to get a ticket if you drive while listening to Sleigh Bells—they sound like they're out of their fucking minds. The New York duo mixes Alexis Krauss's cheerleader-angel Tampax-commercial vocals with heavy-metal piano-man digital hardcore, the two sides interrupting each other and then screaming their heads off together. Derek Miller's guitar, which sounds like it's made from an American flag and a bug zapper, is a venom-tipped whip lashing the hip-hop-scented beats, which sound like they've already destroyed your sound system and are coming for your ears. Their music is chaotic and inescapable, mind piercing and almost sickening—if there were even one tiny little bit more of it, you'd die. They'll probably have the best-looking mosh pit of the entire festival."

Edit: Forgot I already voted.

Edit #2: I'd like to change my vote to #8.

I'm not surprised M.I.A. isn't one of the seven. She finally released an album that was above average instead of classic, and a lot of hype-monger publications were looking for an opportunity to slam her.

I was hoping not to have to vote Big Boi because everyone else is going to, but there doesn't seem to be much else with even a chance. So Big Boi #5.

Big Boi at #10.

Can I change mine? MIA was a very bad idea...

Big Boi at 9

Big Boi #12

Big Boi rolls in at no.4

Wow Stefan, you're that surprised about the possible new number 1? You've got me very curious. What can be so surprising? Something with a huge jump? A new entry? I'll just say Big Boi at number 1.

If I can participate (I won in May), I choose Big Boi at 16.

# 1 Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot ...

antonius
If I can participate (I won in May), I choose Big Boi at 16.
Damn, I feel like a candidate in "The Price is Right"