Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The National v Tindersticks

What are everyone's thoughts about the similarities between these two bands? Is it just the singers' voices that sound similar?

Re: The National v Tindersticks

No thoughts? Well, I know we have a few National fans on this message board. So, if you haven't heard Tindersticks, you should check them out.

that's what I thought when I first heard the National. I have to admit I liked them a little less when I found out they weren't from the UK. I'm a location snob I guess. I'll side with Tindersticks especially for that classic Traveling Light.

I somewhat see the resemblance, but I don't think they're that similar. I like both though, but The National has far surpassed Tindersticks.

I love The National - and quite dislike Tindersticks actually. I'm not really sure why, but I don't find the vocals all that similar.

Tim E
that's what I thought when I first heard the National. I have to admit I liked them a little less when I found out they weren't from the UK. I'm a location snob I guess. I'll side with Tindersticks especially for that classic Traveling Light.

Funny, I think the Tindersticks singer sings with an American accent.

Maybe because he reminds people of Scott Walker who happens to be huge in the UK LOL! So it all comes full circle